Ancient Aliens!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-09-2013, 05:31 AM (This post was last modified: 28-09-2013 05:43 AM by grizzlysnake.)
RE: Ancient Aliens!
(27-09-2013 05:56 PM)atheist0 Wrote:  hey btw i LOVE that show Big Grin me and my day watch it all the time and it is educational! it does teach u some history it just ads some wat ifs in there. now i believe aliens are real and may be they did help a little idk. i personally dont think they did but it is possible. also, u people dont need to be talkin crap about.

I'm totally for the "what if" scenario but explore it in film, books, and other forms of entertainment and present it as entertainment. These guys are true believers with the flimsiest of (mostly exaggerated or entirely false) claims and presenting them as facts which is wholly worthy of ridicule and satire. This is not history its fantasy and would be better suited on syfy. I'm on the fence on the whole alien question myself. We did find simple forms of alien life but I don't know if there are others capable of space travel. They very well could be primitive alien life but until we know for sure I'll reserve judgement.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-09-2013, 06:26 AM
Quote:Then again, these theories all rely almost entirely upon the baffling conclusion that people were incapable of moving stones in the Stone Age.

From the cracked article Big Grin

ROFL...
28-09-2013, 06:28 AM
(28-09-2013 05:31 AM)grizzlysnake Wrote:  We did find simple forms of alien life

If you're referring to those guys with the upper atmosphere diatoms... that particular story seems pretty far-fetched to me... we'll see if anything further comes of it.
02-10-2013, 12:12 PM
I find this series to be an absolute insult to the human race. It takes every great achievement in human history & just throws it away. It says to us, "These things are great & mankind couldn't have made it, because mankind is stupid & incapable of doing anything worthwhile.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
02-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Yabut - if it makes some theists think that there are possibilities other than god, I think it's a good thing. It can be the beginning of a journey away from religion - and once they start debunking stuff, they may well end up debunking everything.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
02-10-2013, 12:38 PM
(02-10-2013 12:35 PM)Dom Wrote:  Yabut - if it makes some theists think that there are possibilities other than god, I think it's a good thing. It can be the beginning of a journey away from religion - and once they start debunking stuff, they may well end up debunking everything.

No, that's like treating alcoholism with cocaine.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
02-10-2013, 12:45 PM
No, it's more like treating a heroin addict with methadone. It removes the original shackles and allows for progress to begin. It's not the solution, it is a step away from the problem.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man