And Great was the Fall of It

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2013, 12:04 AM

And Great was the Fall of It
Veridicanism is over as a religion. The implications of the epic fail of the argument I began posting in the philosophy section has destroyed everything.

It was quite something to see it all fall down like a house of cards right in front of me: the ontological, the cosmological, the teleological, and my argument.

Traditional Christianity had fallen apart for me, and in fact became something I considered quite evil, after I read "The Shack."

So, it's all over for me, religiously speaking. I still believe in God. He's my Father. He's been with me since I was nine. That never went away. That actually became even greater when my faith simplified down to: I create universes in my dreams. I wake up to a universe I didn't create. Therefore a greater mind than mine must be responsible.

And don't even bother countering it. It's not an argument for the existence of God. It's just what I see and why I believe.

I'm going back to my new age version of Veridicanism. I'm suspending the Articles of Faith and boarding up the windows of the First Veridican Church.

[Image: rundown.jpg]

I would like to apologize for some of the sweeping statements I've made about atheists, especially in regards to hell. I have no idea who's going to make a hell out of their lucid spiritual plane and who will make a sustainable universe (that's a concept in new age veridicanism as opposed to Christian veridicanism). We've all screwed it before, or we wouldn't be back here learning more lessons. I don't think there are any new souls in this forum.

My website and blog will now take a new course, which for me is really an old course. And I have prayed very hard to the Father to please just make the fluctuations stop. I have no idea why I have had such a hard time breaking free from Christianity. Perhaps the memoir I'm penning will shed some light as I write it.

I don't want to hate anything anymore, you know? The Christians just ruined the concept of Jesus Christ. They just destroyed it. I'm glad I wrote the Gospel, like a tribute. But I have really come to the conclusion that Christianity has killed Christ. I fear the world will now just descend into sin and narcissism--silly me, as if it wasn't doing that on the first Easter Sunday.

You can't imagine how low I am right now. So, I'm at my weakest point: take your best shots. I think this clip sums up our relationship thus far. I admit, I'm Melvin.

Who knows, maybe things can get better.[Image: consoling-smiley.gif]
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Egor's post
02-05-2013, 12:13 AM
RE: And Great was the Fall of It
Just keep writing. When this is all said and done, I just might be inclined to buy a copy of your memoir.

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013, 12:17 AM
meh, you'll be a christian again in no time, this is getting boring Ed, come on! do something funny!

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
02-05-2013, 12:24 AM
(02-05-2013 12:04 AM)Egor Wrote:  ... God.
He's my Father.
He's been with me since I was nine.

So more like a step-father, really.

I don't want to kick you when you are feeling low so this is just an observation...

In the year+ that I have seen your writing, I have noticed a pattern to your behaviour.

Do you ever go through your old posts? It might help you understand yourself more.

[+] 2 users Like DLJ's post
02-05-2013, 12:26 AM
looks like Is WAS right in that post a little while back:

Still flip-flopping.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post
02-05-2013, 12:30 AM
Ed, I think...

Don't be too hard on yourself. You *care* about these things, that's what makes it difficult.

Good luck with your new direction Smile
02-05-2013, 12:40 AM
I hope you make it through the termoil you're feeling and gain some clarity.

It's okay to realize things fell like a house of cards, it's better to test it and see it for what it is instead of pretending everything is stable and fine. There is power and strength in truth.
02-05-2013, 12:50 AM
(02-05-2013 12:40 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I hope you make it through the termoil turmoil you're feeling and gain some clarity.

Gah! Heil... arrrrgh...

sorry
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
02-05-2013, 01:01 AM
(02-05-2013 12:50 AM)morondog Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 12:40 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  I hope you make it through the termoil turmoil you're feeling and gain some clarity.

Gah! Heil... arrrrgh...

sorry

Ha ha! You're a mod, you could have just edited that sh*t for me!
02-05-2013, 01:06 AM
(02-05-2013 01:01 AM)LadyJane Wrote:  Ha ha! You're a mod, you could have just edited that sh*t for me!

You're a mod! 'Sides you might have been bleak... and this way I record your error for ETERNITY... Evil_monster
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post