And Great was the Fall of It

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2013, 10:46 AM

RE: And Great was the Fall of It
(02-05-2013 08:28 AM)Filox Wrote:  Egor, my friend, again? DLJ has a point, you should read your old posts, it will help you understand yourself better...

This is not the first time you have realized that religions are false, no religion can give you the answer you seek, not even your own religion. In this sense you are just like any other atheist, you are searching for answers and you realized that you can not find those answers in any religion, because they are not there.

The difference between us and you is that we search for our answers inside ourselves, you have your God and you give Him the right to answer some of those questions. Believe Egor, believe in God, pray to Him, trust in him, let Him be your guide and all that, but do not trust in man that pretends to be the voice of God, Don't trust organizations, or make your own! Have you finally realized this once and for all? ORGANIZED RELIGIONS are bad, not God, RELIGION! We, active atheists, do not "fight" God, we don't hate God or gods, we hate lying religions, the hypocritical, stealing, lying, raping, molesting jerks, sinners, that go around pretending they know what God wants and then they like to share that with the rest of the world. And we should give money to them. And our young children. No one can know what God wants...

In my eyes, the only true believer, the one that truly believes in God, The One Creator of Heaven and Earth, can not be a person who is a member of any religion. Religions change the Word of God as they see fit, we can see that from all these thousand of different interpretations of the Bible...

Believe, live, enjoy, but stay away from wrong people. Stop pushing yourself where you do not belong, God is in your heart, you are in his. No other temples or members are needed there, right?

Good luck my friend, I like the way you are evolving, keep it up.

Well said. I don't disagree with any of it. I really hated the idea of members. I mean, I thought about it, how could the Veridican Church have members? How could anyone even be a Veridican other than myself? The idea is based on the concept of being Christ and Christ being God conscious of Himself within His creation. How then could anyone ever be a member of a Church that wasn't their own? And what if someone decided, "I'm a veridican and I believe in smoking meth, and spreading HIV and Hep C to as many people as I can, because I am God and I made those two viruses and I'm proud of them.?"

What was I thinking?

There is a New Age version of Veridicanism. It has survived side-by-side with the Christian version almost from the very beginning. Back in 1996, I even published a local magazine called, "The Veridicans' Digest: A Journal for the Spirit of the New Age." The New Age version is the version I love. When I'm doing it, I don't even mention religion. I let other people be whatever they are and I believe God is for every person, not just some. And if Jesus Christ disagrees, then God will have to sort that out in the end. That's what I'm going to stick with from now on--I hope and pray I will anyway.

But what will I argue about in here? I figure there are as many people vehemently opposed to astrology, spiritual dream interpretation, reincarnation, and the survivability of the soul as there are those opposed to the existence of God. So, there will always be something to argue about. I suppose I could try being nice for a while.

Who knows?

Nevertheless, good post Filox.
Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013, 10:56 AM
(02-05-2013 12:04 AM)Egor Wrote:  It was quite something to see it all fall down like a house of cards right in front of me: the ontological, the cosmological, the teleological, and my argument.

Egor,

I come in peace. (I know someone here will take that out of context Dodgy )

As I read your post it reminded me somewhat of my own deconversion. I'm not saying that's what your going through OK? Chill with me here for a minute.
Much of the raw emotions I personally still feel are due to my conclusion that the house of card erected by my loved ones was just that, empty of substance. Maybe I am guilty of transference, who knows?

I'll put this out to you and you do with it what you like, can we elevate our discourse to have more civlity and open sincerity like we have shown here?

I'd prefer it, actually. I'll take my cue from you.

FC

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-05-2013, 10:57 AM
(02-05-2013 10:46 AM)Egor Wrote:  Who knows?

I know!

but I'll never tell Evil_monster

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
02-05-2013, 11:10 AM

(02-05-2013 09:52 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  
Quote: Tonight, I will pray for it in my prayer journal.

prayer journal? [quote]

Yes. I have prayer journals going back to December 2005. I always buy nice leather bound journals, and I usually use a fountain pen to write in them (a cartridge pen, actually). And in them, I talk to God, and He talks to me, though I don't write down what He says. The entries are like letters to God.

I suppose one day my grandkids will be able to read through them after I'm dead.

[quote] So pray for a billion dollars, a nice car (I suggest the Mercedes SLS myself), a much hotter, younger wife and a private jet.

Why the hell would I do that? I don't want to be like that. I might pray for a successful writing career, speaking career, something like that. We live this life in preparation for the life to come. Trust me, what you describe up there is not the way to do that.

Quote:Id love to see the reliability of your "prayer book" then.

Well, it's not for you, is it? [Image: 40%20(9).gif]
02-05-2013, 11:23 AM

(02-05-2013 10:56 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Egor,

[Image: 22.gif]

Quote:As I read your post it reminded me somewhat of my own deconversion. I'm not saying that's what your going through OK? Chill with me here for a minute.

No, I agree with you. It is a deconversion of sorts.

Quote:Much of the raw emotions I personally still feel are due to my conclusion that the house of card erected by my loved ones was just that, empty of substance. Maybe I am guilty of transference, who knows?

I'll put this out to you and you do with it what you like, can we elevate our discourse to have more civlity and open sincerity like we have shown here?

FC

I'm sorry, but I just have to do this with more drama. I figure you're Clint, and I'm Ten Bears, but I'm good with the other way around, too.

[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
02-05-2013, 11:33 AM
(02-05-2013 11:23 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 10:56 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Egor,

[Image: 22.gif]

Quote:As I read your post it reminded me somewhat of my own deconversion. I'm not saying that's what your going through OK? Chill with me here for a minute.

Quote:Much of the raw emotions I personally still feel are due to my conclusion that the house of card erected by my loved ones was just that, empty of substance. Maybe I am guilty of transference, who knows?

FC

I'm sorry, but I just have to do this with more drama. I figure you're Clint, and I'm Ten Bears, but I'm good with the other way around, too.

That is a great scene.

Anyone here have a peace pipe and some nicely aged Mescal?

I have to say, I didn't expect this turn of events...pleasant surprise.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
02-05-2013, 12:00 PM

(02-05-2013 11:33 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 11:23 AM)Egor Wrote:  [Image: 22.gif]

That is a great scene.

Anyone here have a peace pipe and some nicely aged Mescal?

I have to say, I didn't expect this turn of events...pleasant surprise.

Me niether. And thanks for the rep point. Lady Jane and Morondog gave me a rep point, too. In time, one day, I'll return to green and be able to return the favor. Blush
[+] 1 user Likes Egor's post
02-05-2013, 12:17 PM
Meh, suspected your little cult wouldn't last long. I'll give you a few weeks before you pop right back up.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
02-05-2013, 12:20 PM
I'm guardedly optimistic...

I dunno tho...

You still worry me. And I'm being sincere when I say that.

Still, I wish you luck.

God is a concept by which we measure our pain -- John Lennon

02-05-2013, 12:25 PM
(02-05-2013 12:00 PM)Egor Wrote:  I'll return to green and be able to return the favor. Blush

Quote:Oh, Paddy dear, did you hear the news that's going 'round?
The shamrock is forbid by law to grow on Irish ground
Saint Patrick's Day no more to keep, his color can't be seen
For there's a bloody law again' the Wearing of the Green.

Quote:Then since the color we must wear is England's cruel red
Sure Ireland's sons will never forget the blood that they have shed
You may pull the shamrock from your hat and cast it on the sod
But 'twill take root and flourish there, though underfoot 'tis trod.

It's all Hughsie's fault Angry