And Great was the Fall of It

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-05-2013, 05:20 AM
RE: And Great was the Fall of It
(03-05-2013 02:00 AM)Egor Wrote:  
(02-05-2013 03:36 PM)Chas Wrote:  There is no hope for peace, Ed, unless you get professional help and medication
You also have to give up the rest of that whackadoodle shit like astrology and dream interpretation. And the paramecia.

Science is your friend - you just can't see it.

But Chas, the paramecia is science. I posted the scientific paper on how they trained paramecia. I can post it again if you want to read it.

Myself, I just saw them move about with obvious will and purpose, and my entire world was changed. I mean, no matter what, from that moment on I knew consciousness had nothing to do with any brain or nervous system. And since I had learned everything about the structure of that one-celled animal in the microbiology class, I knew nothing in that animal could account for it.

Then I learned that scientists had actually trained them, and documented it. They've been doing those experiments since the 1950's. It's not even really research anymore.

Are you saying I need to just ignore my experience as well as the experience of researchers in the field?

Are they whakadoodle as well? Is everything you don't agree with or can't comprehend "whakadoodle"? Huh

You remind me of this fine lady. She's terse, too Yes

You mistake chemistry for mind. Paramecia are not conscious.

I define as whackadoodle those ideas that contradict evidence or entirely lack evidence, such as astrology, homeopathy, dualism, etc.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2013, 05:23 AM
(03-05-2013 04:01 AM)Abdul Alhazred Wrote:  C'mon folks.

So he's not quite "one of us"? Not yet anyway? Please!

He's getting off the crazy train, and that's a good thing.

Apparently you have not read the thread. He has only switched seats, he didn't get off.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-05-2013, 06:55 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 11:27 AM by Bucky Ball.)
Astrology is 110 % bullshit.
According to Newton's equation for gravity,
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newton's_la...ravitation
the force exerted by a mass is proportional to 1/square of the radius of the distance to object exerting the force.

If Astrology were true, then a large truck going past your house on the street, (a massive object) which is CLOSER than as astronomical body, would exert a larger force on you than an astronomical body. If you're going to do "charts" for astronomical bodies, then you also must do them for trucks going by, airplanes going over, etc etc.

Astrology is total BS.

Paramecia are not conscious. They have chemical reflexes. Anyone who does not understand the difference simply exposes their utter and complete lack of understanding of Chemistry and Biology. Gordon told us once that HE had a "paramecia lab" in HIS HOUSE. In order to be conscious, an organism must have memory, and the genes for memory, and sensory input. There is a not a shred of evidence that those exist in paramecia. Gordon never paid attention in Anatomy and Physiology class. He probably flunked it.

He did not "get off the crazy train". He said he's been listening to voices in his head since he was an adolescent. He is a dangerous, insane person, who makes threats against people he doesn't agree with, and whom the voices tell him are evil. Nothing has changed. In a week or two, the other personality will return, just like it did before. Beware.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music - Friedrich Nietzsche
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
03-05-2013, 07:23 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 07:26 AM by CompletelySolo.)
It'll get better, man. The difficulty I had with life and the universe after I had logically accepted that my faith made no sense anymore faded.
I no longer wish my old faith was true.

Keep reasoning, keep thinking. Discard the things that don't make sense anymore, every time you encounter them. Contrary to Christian doctrine, the world and the universe are wonderous places. There's magic everywhere, without needing to resort to the supernatural. Reality is actually far more incredible than anything we've imagined.
03-05-2013, 07:49 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2013 07:59 AM by Filox.)
Oh and Egor, about this New Age Veridicanism, not such a good idea to label things again. Yes, sure, your original idea about this philosophy came from first Christianity, then it transformed into Veridicanism, then into New Age Veridicanism, but now you should just stop labeling it. It is your philosophy, it needs no name. As soon as you put a name on it, you take one step back into having a religion. And we just saw together how religions is what is wrong in this picture, not your beliefs, or God.

Say you had the idea from New Age V, but don't call it like that now.

As for the prayer, it is up to you, this is your test, to see can you really care for a true atheist and pray for one, or is it beyond you... Pray what you think is best suited, I am sure you already know what you will pray for. You know you can not fool God, so if you can not be truthful while praying, it makes no sense and you have discovered something new about yourself... Get it?

Thank you.

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson
[+] 1 user Likes Filox's post
03-05-2013, 11:54 AM

(03-05-2013 07:49 AM)Filox Wrote:  Oh and Egor, about this New Age Veridicanism, not such a good idea to label things again. Yes, sure, your original idea about this philosophy came from first Christianity, then it transformed into Veridicanism, then into New Age Veridicanism, but now you should just stop labeling it. It is your philosophy, it needs no name. As soon as you put a name on it, you take one step back into having a religion. And we just saw together how religions is what is wrong in this picture, not your beliefs, or God.

I completely agree. It is my philosophy. And that's what it is. It's not a religion, because everyone has to make their own religion. If I were to lay out the tenets, the last one would be, "Disregard this religion and start your own."

But my philosophy has a name, and that is Veridicanism. God gave me that name, and it's mine. I'm the Veridican. Veridicanism is what believe in. If someone else believes the exact same way--that's up to them. Everyone has a path to walk in this life, and it is a unique path.

Quote:As for the prayer, it is up to you, this is your test, to see can you really care for a true atheist and pray for one, or is it beyond you...

I was praying for atheists before.

Quote:Pray what you think is best suited, I am sure you already know what you will pray for. You know you can not fool God, so if you can not be truthful while praying, it makes no sense and you have discovered something new about yourself... Get it?

Thank you.

Not really, but thanks for your input. Unsure
Quote this message in a reply