And I'm baack!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-03-2015, 05:09 AM
RE: And I'm baack!
While our AF cousins are visiting, I'll take this shameless plug to invite you all to take part in my Mafia game.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...s-prequels
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
29-03-2015, 05:44 AM
(29-03-2015 05:09 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  While our AF cousins are visiting, I'll take this shameless plug to invite you all to take part in my Mafia game.

http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...s-prequels

I don't play mafia games, but I can't resist posting this I'm afraid:

[Image: 20cad83ad8d757191e2878b0f4bf05a9.png]
"Don't answer that. A rhetorical question."
[+] 1 user Likes ELK12695's post
29-03-2015, 08:27 AM
(29-03-2015 02:20 AM)Stimbo Wrote:  Sorry, I really hate to drag this dead horse about the place, but I only just saw this and I have to respond.

(28-03-2015 09:45 PM)Drich Wrote:  Maybe if AF had some way of reporting a concern, with out bringing down atheist vs Christian condemnation by an all atheist oversite commity, or just some one to speak with in authority about concerning stuff like this (like a month or two ago we had a member throwing signs of deep depression, and aside from speaking to him. There was no where to go with this Info..) I and anyone like me wouldn't have to make a public spectical on a private matter.

We have. It's called private messaging. Other people have used it to bring matters of potential concern to my attention and no doubt to that of other Staff members. There was no need to make a public "spectical" at all. As you said earlier in jest and I say now in seriousness, all this drama could - indeed, should - have been avoided.
And how do we approach? Oh, uh stimbo I think this member is saying pedophilish things? I would have told me don't be so not nit picky.

I honestly. Did not think what was said was all that alarming, but it should have raise some awareness and maybe got one or two people to just keep an eye on what rob or anyone else who says stuff like that.

Again it was not a matter of singling out rob but to bring a mild awareness on his words and intrest from his friends.

The Index: A/S/K Ask Seek Knock as outlined by Luke 11:5-13
Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
29-03-2015, 08:28 AM
(29-03-2015 03:01 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Who da fuq let alla these AF rejects in here?

I believe it was yo mama..
Laugh out load

Get it?

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

If you want to ask me a question feel free to Pm me or E/M me. I will not speak of it to anyone.
29-03-2015, 08:29 AM
(29-03-2015 08:27 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(29-03-2015 02:20 AM)Stimbo Wrote:  Sorry, I really hate to drag this dead horse about the place, but I only just saw this and I have to respond.

We have. It's called private messaging. Other people have used it to bring matters of potential concern to my attention and no doubt to that of other Staff members. There was no need to make a public "spectical" at all. As you said earlier in jest and I say now in seriousness, all this drama could - indeed, should - have been avoided.
And how do we approach? Oh, uh stimbo I think this member is saying pedophilish things? I would have told me don't be so not nit picky.

I honestly. Did not think what was said was all that alarming, but it should have raise some awareness and maybe got one or two people to just keep an eye on what rob or anyone else who says stuff like that.

Again it was not a matter of singling out rob but to bring a mild awareness on his words and intrest from his friends.

Please take your AF squabble elsewhere. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-03-2015, 08:30 AM
(29-03-2015 03:32 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(28-03-2015 11:31 PM)Drich Wrote:  Drinking Beverage oh, we's just gett'n started!

That's racist that is! That's black speech patterns!
Oh, I am racist.. I have No shame in it. I seek and try to exclude everyone not of my own race(s).

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

29-03-2015, 08:39 AM
(29-03-2015 08:30 AM)Drich Wrote:  
(29-03-2015 03:32 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  That's racist that is! That's black speech patterns!
Oh, I am racist.. I have No shame in it. I seek and try to exclude everyone not of my own race(s).

So, which of the race(s) are you? We need to know so that.

And are you also homophobic? A misogynist? Any other 'ists' we should be aware of? We can start letting you know who is who and what so that you can start your ignore list...or we can start our's.

Dripshit. Dodgy

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
29-03-2015, 08:42 AM
(29-03-2015 08:39 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(29-03-2015 08:30 AM)Drich Wrote:  Oh, I am racist.. I have No shame in it. I seek and try to exclude everyone not of my own race(s).

So, which of the race(s) are you? We need to know so that.

And are you also homophobic? A misogynist? Any other 'ists' we should be aware of? We can start letting you know who is who and what so that you can start your ignore list...or we can start our's.

Dripshit. Dodgy

Dripshit Big Grin Thumbsup

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
29-03-2015, 08:44 AM
(29-03-2015 12:53 AM)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:  
(29-03-2015 12:50 AM)Drich Wrote:  It's not about me it just so happens 1/2 a dozen dormant and new AF members are active here, with in a 12 hour period from my first post here In a year.. Maybe go back to sleep Cthulhu.

Get it back to sleep..Laugh out load

...which just happens to coincide with a lengthy planned outage so that Tiberius can upgrade the forum software.

But you never did let facts get in the way of your opinions.

Laugh out load

So you all just so happen to go at the same time I was kicked...

Idk, with a genius plan like that I'm sure Tiberius would fall at your feet and give you whatever update you want..

-or
. You could have the inmates run the asylum and then walk out. Creating a real need.. But what the wise leadership do instead? You create an atmosphere devoid on any conflict or opposition. A place that doesn't need any of the big guns. A place that runs itself so there is no reason to change anything.

Ot Old testament
Nt New testament
H/S Holy Spirit

29-03-2015, 08:47 AM
(29-03-2015 08:27 AM)Drich Wrote:  And how do we approach? Oh, uh stimbo I think this member is saying pedophilish things? I would have told me don't be so not nit picky.

That's not your call to make. If you had told the Staff privately, and we had given you the response you say you would give in that situation, then the Staff would be accountable for not acting on information received. Besides which, I think you know me well enough by now to know that I always strive to be as polite and as thorough in my professional capacity as I possibly can.

(29-03-2015 08:27 AM)Drich Wrote:  I honestly. Did not think what was said was all that alarming, but it should have raise some awareness and maybe got one or two people to just keep an eye on what rob or anyone else who says stuff like that.

You wanted to raise awareness about something that wasn't particularly alarming?

This is how the issue transpired. You asked the general memberbase if we shared your opinion that the comment carried blatant paedophile signals. Everyone who responded said no. That should have been the end of it right there. But, to coin a phrase, you wouldn't let it lie, would you?

(29-03-2015 08:27 AM)Drich Wrote:  Again it was not a matter of singling out rob but to bring a mild awareness on his words and intrest from his friends.

If that was your concern, you would have done it privately, so as not to risk creating the shitstorm that ensued. Surely you would expect the same courtesy if the situation was reversed?

And now, as requested, I draw the line. I've said all that needs to be said.

Spending your life waiting for the messiah to come and save the world is like waiting around for the straight piece to come in Tetris. Even if it comes, by that time you've accumulated a mountain of shit so high that you're fucked no matter what you do.