And So It Begins...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2015, 11:05 AM
And So It Begins...
Sometimes I miss Nova Scotia (Canada) snow. It was nothing to get over a metre of snow.

In North Carolina (USA) if it snows 1cm people freak out and close almost everything. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
20-11-2015, 11:05 AM
RE: And So It Begins...
(20-11-2015 10:45 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 10:41 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Not as cool as Yakherder's Tactical Snowmobiling!
Anything with the word "Tactical" attached to it has got to be badass!

It's on a range qual day, so I know for a fact we'll have guns issued. I have high hopes that we'll be doing cool shit, though I suppose even just riding around beats the hell out of staying back at the armory sitting through "don't rape people or kill yourself" classes.

Here's how I picture your day:
[Image: latest?cb=20140815024223]

[Image: modern_warfare_2_26153.jpg]

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 2 users Like Erxomai's post
20-11-2015, 11:14 AM
(20-11-2015 11:05 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 10:45 AM)yakherder Wrote:  It's on a range qual day, so I know for a fact we'll have guns issued. I have high hopes that we'll be doing cool shit, though I suppose even just riding around beats the hell out of staying back at the armory sitting through "don't rape people or kill yourself" classes.

Here's how I picture your day:

Maybe for a grand total of about 45 minutes. The other 12 hours of range days are more like this:

[Image: sleepy-soldiers2.jpg]

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
20-11-2015, 11:27 AM
(20-11-2015 11:14 AM)yakherder Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 11:05 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Here's how I picture your day:

Maybe for a grand total of about 45 minutes. The other 12 hours of range days are more like this:

[Image: sleepy-soldiers2.jpg]

lol
Hurry up and wait!

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
20-11-2015, 11:28 AM
(20-11-2015 10:16 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I'm jealous. Tongue I love snowmobiling!

My favorite wintertime activity was riding my motorcycle to the beach......

Of course I lived in Marin County at the time....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 2 users Like onlinebiker's post
20-11-2015, 11:33 AM
(20-11-2015 11:05 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 11:02 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I hate snow, but we need it. I hope we get a lot.

High in the mountains where it belongs. Not on the valley floor because people here can't handle that.

Where I lived as a kid we'd get feet of snow every winter. I can handle it fine, but i dont like to. Ick.

However you're right, people in the valley can barely handle rain...and it rains all the time. Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
20-11-2015, 11:40 AM
No snow for me..... I would much rather move to the beach than deal with another winter....
20-11-2015, 11:41 AM
(20-11-2015 11:40 AM)ohio_drg Wrote:  No snow for me..... I would much rather move to the beach than deal with another winter....

I'll trade you Wink

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
20-11-2015, 12:06 PM
(20-11-2015 11:33 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 11:05 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  High in the mountains where it belongs. Not on the valley floor because people here can't handle that.

Where I lived as a kid we'd get feet of snow every winter. I can handle it fine, but i dont like to. Ick.

However you're right, people in the valley can barely handle rain...and it rains all the time. Tongue

We had some people move into our area a few years back now, we met them at a community thing. Seemed nice. Moved from the east coast and said they could drive in anything. We were talking about the big snow we'd had a couple years earlier.

So that winter we got snow, not a whole lot, like a couple years before but enough that it made driving a bitch. Husband put chains on his truck.

We saw the guy drive passed our house in his SUV. During the night we got a few more inches of snow. The next day he knocked on our door. He said he'd have to leave his SUV in front of our house. He couldn't make it up the steep hill to his house.

I said that was fine...everyone does it when it snows. Normally no one parks on the street.

He asked, "when do they plow?"

Uncomfortable silence.

I replied, "Our area? They don't. They will plow the main roads a few miles away tho (the ones that lead to the freeway)."

He looked shocked. Like completely stunned.

Then he remarked about how he'd get his kids to school the next day (the school bus stop is waaaay at the bottom of the hill and slick to walk down).

I let him know they had already "called it" and showed him the text that the schools would be closed. Now he was flabbergasted.

That's the rub for this area. Usually if we get snow it covers the grass and rooftops, then slowly goes away...but if we get more than a few inches on the roads, it just becomes miserable.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
20-11-2015, 01:17 PM
(20-11-2015 11:05 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 11:02 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I hate snow, but we need it. I hope we get a lot.

High in the mountains where it belongs. Not on the valley floor because people here can't handle that.

There's weather rumors of the snow level lowering down to the valley floor next week, Moms and Hobbit. Everybody panic! I'll believe it when I see it though. I hate the damn east wind we get out here. Just hate it. I have to put big bricks on our garbage cans for pick up otherwise the cans are blowing down the street along with all the garbage.

Hahaha. This just cracks me up. These crazy tourists out at Crown Point Oregon in like 100 + mph wind. Laugh out load

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post