And So It Begins...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2015, 01:20 PM
RE: And So It Begins...
I live in the best place in the world. We got 4" last Tuesday and it's gone today. I've been out doing yard work in a T shirt. However, the ski resorts in the mountains are all open and have lots of snow. I love ski season.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-11-2015, 01:34 PM
(20-11-2015 11:41 AM)jennybee Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 11:40 AM)ohio_drg Wrote:  No snow for me..... I would much rather move to the beach than deal with another winter....

I'll trade you Wink
LOL!

At one time I loved snow. Now, about halfway through winter I really start to struggle. I just need to find the right sun/snow balance around February.
[+] 1 user Likes ohio_drg's post
20-11-2015, 01:38 PM
(20-11-2015 01:34 PM)ohio_drg Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 11:41 AM)jennybee Wrote:  I'll trade you Wink
LOL!

At one time I loved snow. Now, about halfway through winter I really start to struggle. I just need to find the right sun/snow balance around February.

I'm craving snow. Definitely going to Tahoe this winter to get my snow on. Thumbsup

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
20-11-2015, 01:40 PM
(20-11-2015 09:38 AM)Erxomai Wrote:  Gonna be scraping ice for the next 8 months. Weeping
[Image: 7c1bceefd61cd430b59419d023d5beec.jpg]

I'm going to survive the winter by living in denial.
Smile
Not counting weekends (since I won't be going outdoors during them) I only have 60 days of winter to deal with. Fuck, this is great!

Move over christees - my delusion is so much more fulfilling. Shy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 3 users Like kim's post
20-11-2015, 01:49 PM
(20-11-2015 01:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Definitely going to Tahoe this winter to get my snow on. Thumbsup

My wife and I may go to Tahoe later this winter to ski with my sister. She lives in Reno. My son and grandson will be out here for Christmas and we will spend part of the holiday season in Aspen. I'm so damned crippled that there is no way I can keep up with any of them on the ski slopes but I'll have fun trying. Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes Black Eagle's post
20-11-2015, 02:13 PM
(20-11-2015 01:49 PM)Black Eagle Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 01:38 PM)jennybee Wrote:  Definitely going to Tahoe this winter to get my snow on. Thumbsup

My wife and I may go to Tahoe later this winter to ski with my sister. She lives in Reno. My son and grandson will be out here for Christmas and we will spend part of the holiday season in Aspen. I'm so damned crippled that there is no way I can keep up with any of them on the ski slopes but I'll have fun trying. Big Grin

Sounds like a fun time with your family Thumbsup

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
20-11-2015, 03:49 PM
(20-11-2015 01:17 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(20-11-2015 11:05 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  High in the mountains where it belongs. Not on the valley floor because people here can't handle that.

There's weather rumors of the snow level lowering down to the valley floor next week, Moms and Hobbit. Everybody panic! I'll believe it when I see it though. I hate the damn east wind we get out here. Just hate it. I have to put big bricks on our garbage cans for pick up otherwise the cans are blowing down the street along with all the garbage.

Hahaha. This just cracks me up. These crazy tourists out at Crown Point Oregon in like 100 + mph wind. Laugh out load

Yeah I'll believe it when I see it too. But still with my mil in constant pain I seriously hope it doesn't happen.

Yeah, we get the ugly winds here too...it's going to be a long winter.

At least the kiddo is off next week -- older kid well....

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

20-11-2015, 03:49 PM (This post was last modified: 20-11-2015 03:54 PM by Chas.)
I'd rather have two feet of snow than 90°F and humid. Yes

I may be moving to Virginia next year; somewhere along the Rappahannock. Consider

I was outside this afternoon in shirtsleeves finishing the tent/garage set up; it was nearly 60°F.
The tent is done, the sickle bar mower, the front-end loader, and the tractor are safely snuggled inside.
I still have to move the sprayer and cultivator, then mount the showblower; then I will have my garage back.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
20-11-2015, 03:58 PM
[Image: 75bc46bed91a99436d0adbc2971f100e.png]

So there are some advantages to living in the dirty south.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
[+] 4 users Like Revenant77x's post
20-11-2015, 04:11 PM
Last year's winter was the snowiest in Boston's history. If this year is even half that bad it's gonna SUCK. But it was sunny and 55 today so I can't complain.