And So It Begins...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-11-2015, 04:11 PM
RE: And So It Begins...
Our first snow of the season is coming down now, we could get 5-7 inches when all is said and done. I'm a pro at driving in the snow, but I hate hate hate it!

I can especially feel your sadness at having to scrape ice, Erx. When I bought a house a garage was mandatory. Now I only have to scrape if it gets nasty while I'm at work Big Grin

Anyone tried this for de-icing?

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like Smercury44's post
20-11-2015, 04:21 PM
(20-11-2015 04:11 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Our first snow of the season is coming down now, we could get 5-7 inches when all is said and done. I'm a pro at driving in the snow, but I hate hate hate it!

I can especially feel your sadness at having to scrape ice, Erx. When I bought a house a garage was mandatory. Now I only have to scrape if it gets nasty while I'm at work Big Grin

That looks like a great idea Thumbsup Scraping is the worst. When I was living in MA, the house I was renting didn't have a garage, so I had to scrape my car windows and do tons of shoveling just to get my car out every time we had a big snow. Now that I live in Cali, I recently bought a house that has a three car garage and I don't use the garage at all. Hobo I wish I had this house in MA Wink
20-11-2015, 04:29 PM
(20-11-2015 03:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
[Image: 75bc46bed91a99436d0adbc2971f100e.png]

So there are some advantages to living in the dirty south.

77 degrees?

Fuck you Rev. and your little dog too.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
20-11-2015, 04:31 PM
(20-11-2015 03:58 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
[Image: 75bc46bed91a99436d0adbc2971f100e.png]

So there are some advantages to living in the dirty south.

Yeah, but is it raining shotgun pellets, yet? Tongue

20-11-2015, 04:37 PM
(20-11-2015 04:11 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  Our first snow of the season is coming down now, we could get 5-7 inches when all is said and done. I'm a pro at driving in the snow, but I hate hate hate it!

How about this cute girl with her electric, heated ice scraper.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
20-11-2015, 05:27 PM
Meh. Nothing beats a remote starter for the car.
[+] 2 users Like jabeady's post
20-11-2015, 05:52 PM
I grew up in Iowa...even as a kid snow lost it's appeal after about day two. The potential for snow from Halloween to Easter was just more than I could stand.

A first snow is pretty and everything is white and sparkly and looks clean, the air is crisp...then the plows come through and everything is dirty and yucky until another snow covers it up - wash, rinse, repeat - for months. I do not miss it...not even a little bit. Then spring comes and thaws out layer after layer of grimy muck. Spring in Iowa is mud season as far as I am concerned.

Living in South Carolina was an eye opening experience...if one snowflake falls the whole damn state shuts down.

Here in Texas we don't get much snow and what we get is gone quickly. But we get some brutal ice storms. There's no removal equipment so you are stuck at home since only main roads are sprayed with some salty, sandy muck that just causes the refreeze to make the roads even more treacherous. But if you can make it out of your neighborhood (the residential streets aren't touched) most things on the main roads are open. The ice also causes power issues.

I hate winter...but I hate it less here.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
20-11-2015, 07:54 PM

Thanks, Smercy! This is a great idea. I need to invest in some ingredients. Thumbsup

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
20-11-2015, 08:13 PM
That's the main reason I left Michigan.

Hello from sunny north central Florida.

Cool

DJ

Live Better...Help Often....Wonder More
20-11-2015, 08:20 PM
(20-11-2015 04:11 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  When I bought a house a garage was mandatory.

I got a garage, but it's too full of crap to fit a car, anymore! Sadcryface2

So it's the scraper for me! Undecided I need a new one, too!

[Image: snowdozer_ice_scraper_2.jpg]

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post