30-08-2012, 10:38 AM
And now, a word from Al
http://www.albertmohler.com/2012/08/29/a...y-project/

"What a maroon", said the philosopher Bugs Bunny in response. Smile
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-08-2012, 04:38 PM
RE: And now, a word from Al
Ok, i just made it through the whole thing and i am not surprised.
The last thing i expect from a guy like him is beeing honest.

More than once he wrote in his article "Why they dont just quite and leave?"

Tell you what pale, thats the way priests and beliefers, once become non-beliefers, act in the past.
They have to go like a thief in the night, leaving there families and homes, cut off all communications and support.
And in your way of "thinking" they deserved it.
They have doughts and you can stand it, so they have to leafe as quite as possible.
Dont weak up the tribe.
Just go!
Its a way of make them come back to the tribe.
You are alone, its cold, dark and scary out there!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look, we all sitting together by the fire and the chief tell us some new storys about his invisible friend.
Why you dont come back, apologizes for your missbehavior and swear to be obedient again.

But today, they dont have to suffer like this for loosing there faith anymore.

Some of the outcasts and rejected have found each other in the dark.
They rubbing some wooden sticks together, made up a fire and started to talk...
Then they make a bigger fire therefore the other faithless can find them...
And they came... one by one.
Under there new friends they can stand tall and talk about there thoughts and doughts and hopes.

But that is fare from your grasp, you are sticking your nose even deeper insite you book of tales from the invisible friend.
Until the last member of your tribe has left you.
Than, please burn your book, stomp on the fire and come join to have a civilized debate on the future of menkind.

So, thats the way things go.
You loose one, because he have questions and you have ony one answer, we win one, because we have questions too and we try to find even more.

If atheism is a religion, then not playing football is an Olympic discipline.
[+] 2 users Like Marco Krieger's post
30-08-2012, 04:54 PM
Mohler's description of Dawkins is either a flat-out lie or a case of total ignorance of Dawkins' current status. I'm honestly inclined to believe the former, especially given that Mohler is largely preaching to the choir here.

I do wonder how much of this article was brought on by the very recent NY Times article on Jerry DeWitt...and how much by pastors, elders and other church leaders within the SBC considering abandoning their faith and signing up for the Clergy Project.
30-08-2012, 10:28 PM
My favorite quote:

"More precisely, they want to use the existence of unbelieving pastors to embarrass the church and weaken theism."

I'm glad he gets it.

The old gods are dead, let's invent some new ones before something really bad happens.
30-08-2012, 10:32 PM
And now, a word from Al
(30-08-2012 04:38 PM)Marco Krieger Wrote:  Ok, i just made it through the whole thing and i am not surprised.
The last thing i expect from a guy like him is beeing honest.

More than once he wrote in his article "Why they dont just quite and leave?"

Tell you what pale, thats the way priests and beliefers, once become non-beliefers, act in the past.
They have to go like a thief in the night, leaving there families and homes, cut off all communications and support.
And in your way of "thinking" they deserved it.
They have doughts and you can stand it, so they have to leafe as quite as possible.
Dont weak up the tribe.
Just go!
Its a way of make them come back to the tribe.
You are alone, its cold, dark and scary out there!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look, we all sitting together by the fire and the chief tell us some new storys about his invisible friend.
Why you dont come back, apologizes for your missbehavior and swear to be obedient again.

But today, they dont have to suffer like this for loosing there faith anymore.

Some of the outcasts and rejected have found each other in the dark.
They rubbing some wooden sticks together, made up a fire and started to talk...
Then they make a bigger fire therefore the other faithless can find them...
And they came... one by one.
Under there new friends they can stand tall and talk about there thoughts and doughts and hopes.

But that is fare from your grasp, you are sticking your nose even deeper insite you book of tales from the invisible friend.
Until the last member of your tribe has left you.
Than, please burn your book, stomp on the fire and come join to have a civilized debate on the future of menkind.

So, thats the way things go.
You loose one, because he have questions and you have ony one answer, we win one, because we have questions too and we try to find even more.
Marco, that is a really good analogy. You definitely have a compassionate understanding of what these doubting clergy have to go through alone.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Oi! Aussies! Spread The Word... DLJ 54 915 21-06-2014 09:01 PM
Last Post: DLJ
  The word Atheist TheStraightener 47 959 18-02-2014 01:46 PM
Last Post: War Horse
  Faith Isn't a Dirty Word guitar_nut 27 726 08-12-2013 12:39 AM
Last Post: IndianAtheist
  Atheism as a source of pride/identity vs atheism as a word that shouldn't be needed Loki 39 1,339 08-09-2013 01:36 PM
Last Post: EvolutionKills
  Preacher calls out Word of Faithers Joyce Meyer and Joel Osteen. kingschosen 4 578 11-08-2013 09:31 PM
Last Post: Mark Fulton
  Why allow the Christians to have a monopoly on the word "God"? ryannyc 15 602 07-08-2013 11:27 AM
Last Post: earmuffs
  Should the word "creature" be banned from public schools? Heywood Jahblome 19 566 01-08-2013 04:38 AM
Last Post: Juv