And now for something completely different.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-02-2015, 07:27 PM
And now for something completely different.
So Bruce Jenner has decided to play late onset testosterone deficiency a bit different than Girly. Instead of correcting the testosterone deficiency exogenously he has decided to run with the estrogen.

[Image: jenner.jpg]

Would be the most famous transgender spokesperson ever I would imagine and will cause great consternation for many ignoramus (going to lookfor some fundie responses now Big Grin ). dancefortwo has a transgender daughter and I've seen and read quite a few stories about transgender but they all involved juveniles, teens, or young adults. Never heard of a 64 yo man ever going through it. I wonder what percentage of transgenders discover it that late?

And now for the obligatory jokes.

"Goddamit Jenner we told you to stay away from them Kardashian women."

"This is rather unconventional training if your looking for another gold medal in the decathlon."

"This doesn't change the prenup, Bruce." - Kris Jenner

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2015, 07:40 PM
RE: And now for something completely different.
As ridiculous as the kardashian circus is, I've felt really bad for Bruce. First when I thought tabloids were making up the story. What an awful and serious thing to speculate and gossip about. Again now that it seems like it might be true. Yeah their lives are out there for all to see, but I can't imagine how hard it would be to transition in your private life, let alone in front of the whole world with everyone talking about it. Especially at his age. I hope he finds happiness in wherever this takes him I guess.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 1 user Likes Smercury44's post
05-02-2015, 07:43 PM
I had no idea.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

05-02-2015, 07:49 PM
I have never watched their reality show and this is the first time I hear of Bruce Jenner... Am I the only one? Tongue

In any case, like Smerc said, may he find happiness.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
[+] 1 user Likes The Polyglot Atheist's post
05-02-2015, 07:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-02-2015 08:04 PM by GirlyMan.)
(05-02-2015 07:40 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  As ridiculous as the kardashian circus is, I've felt really bad for Bruce. First when I thought tabloids were making up the story. What an awful and serious thing to speculate and gossip about. Again now that it seems like it might be true. Yeah their lives are out there for all to see, but I can't imagine how hard it would be to transition in your private life, let alone in front of the whole world with everyone talking about it. Especially at his age. I hope he finds happiness in wherever this takes him I guess.

I don't think he's trying to hide it, I think he's trying to destigmatize it.

(05-02-2015 07:49 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  ... and this is the first time I hear of Bruce Jenner... Am I the only one? Tongue

Not much of a sports fan are you Skippy. Tongue

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
05-02-2015, 07:58 PM
Get rid of the man parts, and somehow steal Kim's ass & make it his her own...?...
Consider
That could work! Tongue

[+] 2 users Like TheGulegon's post
05-02-2015, 08:04 PM
(05-02-2015 07:58 PM)TheGulegon Wrote:  Get rid of the man parts, and somehow steal Kim's ass & make it his her own...?...
Consider
That could work! Tongue

Kim is all ass, as is the rest of her family.
Bruce, do what makes ya happy!
[+] 1 user Likes pablo's post
05-02-2015, 08:05 PM
(05-02-2015 07:49 PM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  I have never watched their reality show and this is the first time I hear of Bruce Jenner... Am I the only one? Tongue

In any case, like Smerc said, may he find happiness.

I remember him from the Olympics. That's it for me. He used to be on Wheaties boxes. Yes He was quite the athlete from what I remember.

I did know he was married to Kardashian (I actually knew more about her first ex-husband than her) and was on some show. My mother in law watches it. One day years ago I saw him.

Me: "Isn't that Bruce Jenner?"
Mil: "Oh yes, he's married to the mother."
Me: "Who knew...I thought he was dead."

That's the most I've ever seen of the show. I wouldn't really know any of them if they fell on me.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
05-02-2015, 08:08 PM
I don't even own a TV, let alone watch it (other than documentaries etc) so I am unaware of the Kardashian thing;

I will say this:

I know a transgender lady who was in her 60's when she finally went for it. I spoke to her many times (sadly as I was one of the few taxi drivers who had any time for her: (not because she was TG, but she smelled REALLY BAD)....

Her reluctance with the whole getting diagnosed and treated etc. was mainly due to the society she grew up and the less tolerant attitudes of the time. I think its terribly sad as I know too well the trauma that it causes.

Even today; ten years after I had my surgery, attitudes are less judgemental and hostile to what they were then. Its a story that I have heard from many people who grew up in the 20th century; and it's doubly sad that nearly all of the social attitudes were moulded by religious views about 'what is normal'.

It's a terrible side to our history as a civilisation that so many people have been persecuted and ostracised because of fairy-tale worshippers not being able to mind their own bloody business!

/sorry didn't mean to rant Wink

I Think; Therefore I Am....
...or is it the other way around?
[Image: b.gif]
Bunny's Blog
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like costabunny's post
05-02-2015, 08:17 PM
[Image: reg_634.oly.jenner.mh.070612.jpg]

[Image: movies_bruce_jenner_1.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 2 users Like Full Circle's post