And now that Trump's investments are threatened...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-09-2016, 09:30 PM (This post was last modified: 01-02-2017 01:22 AM by DLJ.)
And now that Trump's investments are threatened...
Isn't this what the US's 2nd Amendment was for?

Or is it more equatable to the building of the railroads? Or the plot of the movie Avatar?

Is the nomadic life / the pastoral life over or can there still be harmony with ever-encroaching permanent settlements?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
09-09-2016, 02:08 AM (This post was last modified: 09-09-2016 02:17 AM by Dworkin.)
RE: Cain's Killing Abel ... Again.
(08-09-2016 09:30 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Isn't this what the US's 2nd Amendment was for?

Or is it more equatable to the building of the railroads? Or the plot of the movie Avatar?

Is the nomadic life / the pastoral life over or can there still be harmony with ever-encroaching permanent settlements?

DLJ,

This is an important issue. I have a close acquaintance who works as a legal advocate for Romanies here in the UK. It is the hardest job.

IMHO, in so many minds settlement is all, full stop. No Freedom is control of property. No

D.
[+] 1 user Likes Dworkin's post
05-11-2016, 06:18 AM
Whose Side Were You On?
... in the movie Little Big Man?

... in Dance With Wolves?

... in Once Upon A Time In The West?

... and now?
tl;dr From 12:25

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
05-11-2016, 06:46 AM
RE: Whose Side Were You On?
It was somebody else's land before it was "theirs". Nothing new under the sun.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
05-11-2016, 07:12 AM
the initial "take" was so egregious that it is almost impossible to resolve today. Sad
05-11-2016, 07:23 AM
If it's yours but you don't have the leverage to protect it from someone who wants it, or an alliance with someone willing to do it for you (whether another country or the police or a neighbor), then it's not yours anymore.

Idealism and reality are rarely the same.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 4 users Like yakherder's post
05-11-2016, 08:18 AM
(05-11-2016 07:23 AM)yakherder Wrote:  If it's yours but you don't have the leverage to protect it from someone who wants it, or an alliance with someone willing to do it for you (whether another country or the police or a neighbor), then it's not yours anymore.

Fair enough... might must be right.

I wonder what would happen if they discovered oil under Arlington National Cemetery.

Frack that?

Consider

[+] 3 users Like DLJ's post
05-11-2016, 08:38 AM
"Property is theft".

So said the leader of a "New Age traveller" group (who were making a mess of public land and accused of theft from nearby houses), until a local started driving his van away (he had left the keys in it).

"Hey! That's mine!"

Shouted the leader, running after it.

("New Age traveller" in quotes because I have seen other such groups that were no trouble and left no significant trace of their visit that nature could not repair. )

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
[+] 6 users Like Gloucester's post
05-11-2016, 08:40 AM
(05-11-2016 08:18 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(05-11-2016 07:23 AM)yakherder Wrote:  If it's yours but you don't have the leverage to protect it from someone who wants it, or an alliance with someone willing to do it for you (whether another country or the police or a neighbor), then it's not yours anymore.

Fair enough... might must be right.

I wonder what would happen if they discovered oil under Arlington National Cemetery.

Frack that?

Consider

I wouldn't personally give a shit, just a bunch of dirt at this point. Though for the sake of maintaining the alliance I've arbitrarily aligned myself with, and in recognition of their irrational emotional connections to said dirt, I'd probably pretend to care.

Ultimately the difference is that those with an interest in Arlington are a combination of armed to the teeth, hold powerful political positions, and own land and resources that would make fracking Arlington not worth the fight.

Standing Rock has jack shit for leverage. The fact that they arguably hold the moral high ground will just make people feel like ass holes for doing what they're going to do. But it's still gonna happen.

As far as I'm concerned, we can put our end goals into a bunch of robots operating with pure practicality and let them reform the entire world accordingly.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 5 users Like yakherder's post
05-11-2016, 08:44 AM
(05-11-2016 08:38 AM)Gloucester Wrote:  "Property is theft".

So said the leader of a "New Age traveller" group (who were making a mess of public land and accused of theft from nearby houses), until a local started driving his van away (he had left the keys in it).

"Hey! That's mine!"

Shouted the leader, running after it.

("New Age traveller" in quotes because I have seen other such groups that were no trouble and left no significant trace of their visit that nature could not repair. )

New age travellers uggh someone needs to tell them that white folks just look stupid with dreadlocks.