And the Truth Shall Make You Flee

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-04-2015, 04:17 PM
And the Truth Shall Make You Flee
I've obsessed over God/religion/meaning of life stuff for the majority of my life. Several years ago, my thinking turned more "meta" and onto the problem of humans as truth-seekers: Camp-entrenchment, paradigm-bound minds, anger, fear, blinders, etc. on both sides of the fence.

This idea germinated in my head, growing from a blog post, then into multiple posts, and finally into a small book. The first several pages can be viewed on Amazon, here: And the Truth Shall Make You Flee . I would love to hear reactions to the points of my book.

If any of you are interested in a free Kindle version of this book, please email me at truthshallmakeyouflee@gmail.com and I will send it to you.

Daniel
Thanks,
Daniel
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-04-2015, 06:38 PM
RE: And the Truth Shall Make You Flee
(08-04-2015 04:17 PM)Daniel J Wrote:  I've obsessed over God/religion/meaning of life stuff for the majority of my life. Several years ago, my thinking turned more "meta" and onto the problem of humans as truth-seekers: Camp-entrenchment, paradigm-bound minds, anger, fear, blinders, etc. on both sides of the fence.

This idea germinated in my head, growing from a blog post, then into multiple posts, and finally into a small book. The first several pages can be viewed on Amazon, here: And the Truth Shall Make You Flee . I would love to hear reactions to the points of my book.

If any of you are interested in a free Kindle version of this book, please email me at truthshallmakeyouflee@gmail.com and I will send it to you.

Daniel
Thanks,
Daniel

"Flee", I take that wasn't a typo?
I wrote a book round 7 years back re the god concept.
What you might call a worst seller;I upset theists and atheists!
Wellcome to the forum and good luck.
Find all posts by this user
09-04-2015, 02:00 PM
God is a man made concept.
12-04-2015, 04:00 PM
(08-04-2015 06:38 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(08-04-2015 04:17 PM)Daniel J Wrote:  I've obsessed over God/religion/meaning of life stuff for the majority of my life. Several years ago, my thinking turned more "meta" and onto the problem of humans as truth-seekers: Camp-entrenchment, paradigm-bound minds, anger, fear, blinders, etc. on both sides of the fence.

Daniel
Thanks,
Daniel

"Flee", I take that wasn't a typo?
I wrote a book round 7 years back re the god concept.
What you might call a worst seller;I upset theists and atheists!
Wellcome to the forum and good luck.

Correct. Flee. Smile

This book is more broadly about belief--how and why we arrive (and often remain) where we are.

Thanks!
12-04-2015, 04:01 PM
(09-04-2015 02:00 PM)oriddle1979 Wrote:  God is a man made concept.

Maybe. But that's a huge debate that's showing no signs of slowing.
16-04-2015, 01:59 PM
Interesting. Thank you for sharing.

The essence of life is statistical improbability on a colossal scale.