And the hits keep on coming from the Catholic church.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2014, 05:59 PM
RE: And the hits keep on coming from the Catholic church.
[Image: 1zyvpn4.jpg]

ahhhhhhhh the irony kills me...

"Belief is so often the death of reason" - Qyburn, Game of Thrones

"The Christian community continues to exist because the conclusions of the critical study of the Bible are largely withheld from them." -Hans Conzelmann (1915-1989)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like goodwithoutgod's post
11-06-2014, 06:23 PM
[Image: u4agyzud.jpg]

Maybe they should have made "Stop raping little children" a commandment?

[Image: yba4a5yp.jpg]

“It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
[+] 5 users Like rampant.a.i.'s post
16-01-2015, 10:26 AM
My cousins up dere in da cold Arctic where Ole and Lena live doncha know, texted me this :
http://www.mprnews.org/
The Archdiocese of St. Paul and Minneapolis declared bankruptcy this morning.
Where does morality come from again ? Facepalm

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-01-2015, 10:35 AM
(16-01-2015 10:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  My cousins up dere in da cold Arctic where Ole and Lena live doncha know, texted me this :

They'll just hide the money -- the victims won't see a dime.

They need to own up to this. They just refuse. It's pathetic.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
16-01-2015, 10:46 AM
is there a correlation and causation between being a priest and having lots of sinful sexual frustration ?
16-01-2015, 10:47 AM
(16-01-2015 10:35 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(16-01-2015 10:26 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  My cousins up dere in da cold Arctic where Ole and Lena live doncha know, texted me this :

They'll just hide the money -- the victims won't see a dime.

They need to own up to this. They just refuse. It's pathetic.

And the longer it's dragged out, the higher the costs and therefore the higher the risk that other people lose their jobs.

More details here (from Bucky's link)

16-01-2015, 10:49 AM
(16-01-2015 10:46 AM)Ace Wrote:  is there a correlation and causation between being a priest and having lots of sinful sexual frustration ?

Perhaps. For a Catholic male "back when" who knew on some level he wasn't going to get married, it was a *respectable* option.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
16-01-2015, 11:03 AM
(16-01-2015 10:49 AM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  
(16-01-2015 10:46 AM)Ace Wrote:  is there a correlation and causation between being a priest and having lots of sinful sexual frustration ?

Perhaps. For a Catholic male "back when" who knew on some level he wasn't going to get married, it was a *respectable* option.

I've frequently wondered if that was the case. To me, going into the church seemed to be the equivalent of the person who goes into the field of psychology, in order to figure out what's wrong with himself. I know a guy like that... he is currently failing miserably.

Facing up to one's true self seems to be very difficult for some... and it doesn't help when society makes one's personal understanding unacceptable or even criminal.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
16-01-2015, 11:35 AM
I'm going to look for an article I read long ago. A Jesuit said the majority of priests have girlfriends/boyfriends and many know. That's why so few come out against the molesters. (If you ever watched Babylon 5, it's like they have purple files on each other.) One accuses another, then soon the priesthood is in disarray.

The article was in Playboy, but I'll try to locate it.
16-01-2015, 12:05 PM
The mental gymnastics are what's most troubling to me. Priests actually saying if the boy is over the age of 12 it's a homosexual urge and not molestation.

The trying to validate it somehow..."gee I never thought there was anything wrong with having sex with children."

This isn't first time I've heard of a priest using that excuse. There was a debate a while ago with Hitchens and some catholic priest...

A good friend who's a staunch catholic said to me the priests (or the church as a whole) weren't to blame. They didn't understand the abuse of authority *might* be damaging to some. Now I didn't share the fact I'm a sexual abuse survivor...and I find that reasoning to be utter bullshit.

It's not just a face-palm moment but it's dangerously out of touch with any type of reality. The fact that people would consider defending that personal level of stupid is worse. The so-called moral authority didn't know it was against the law and wrong -- we'll give him a pass. He knows now and won't ever do it again. Or the ever popular we should just pray for them.....

Again....it's bullshit.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post