And the worst state is, OH GOD DAMNIT!!!!!

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-07-2015, 02:58 PM
RE: And the worst state is, OH GOD DAMNIT!!!!!
Didn't the Klan start in Indiana/Kentucky areas anyway? It's pretty strongly tied there.

Another bigger factor may be because most of Indiana is still rural areas outside two city realms, and Indiana is a state that is 88% White. There's also a large Indiana mexican/Black/etc. Population realm closer to Chicago and the Michigan boarder.

So Indiana has mainly strongly unwaivered white population realms all the way down that state line further down while the southern states don't have that type of situation.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-07-2015, 04:59 PM
[Image: th?id=JN.T2ttPyOP2oQAVDYiHX1Pbw&...mp;amp;P=0]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
05-07-2015, 05:24 PM
(05-07-2015 02:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 11:54 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  And this has what to do with klan presence in IN? If there is am article on it please link. Not saying it isn't so, but when someone thinks of the klan, I'm pretty sure AL is thought of before IN. Discrimination against gays, yes. Klan, not so much.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/in...ate_groups

http://aattp.org/this-map-shows-you-how-...-area-map/

http://www.businessinsider.com/anthony-k...lan-2014-4

Keep in mind that these are 'official' groups.

Tennessee seems to be kkkicking ass on this front.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
05-07-2015, 07:43 PM
(05-07-2015 11:54 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 11:21 AM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  Most Alabamans know how to read the news, you know.

And this has what to do with klan presence in IN? If there is am article on it please link. Not saying it isn't so, but when someone thinks of the klan, I'm pretty sure AL is thought of before IN. Discrimination against gays, yes. Klan, not so much.

And tu quoque is not a cogent defense, either. Being "thought of" before Alabama is not a reference to fact, but rather perception. Just because a critic is from Alabama doesn't mean that the critique is vapid.

That was my point. You reject criticism from an Alabaman based on the reputation of the state as a whole? Color me impressed. No, really.
[+] 1 user Likes Thumpalumpacus's post
07-07-2015, 07:50 AM
(05-07-2015 07:43 PM)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:  
(05-07-2015 11:54 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  And this has what to do with klan presence in IN? If there is am article on it please link. Not saying it isn't so, but when someone thinks of the klan, I'm pretty sure AL is thought of before IN. Discrimination against gays, yes. Klan, not so much.

And tu quoque is not a cogent defense, either. Being "thought of" before Alabama is not a reference to fact, but rather perception. Just because a critic is from Alabama doesn't mean that the critique is vapid.

That was my point. You reject criticism from an Alabaman based on the reputation of the state as a whole? Color me impressed. No, really.

I am not defending it. Shoot, I have only lived here two years. That post to nurse came off the wrong way I think. I was actually more shocked.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
07-07-2015, 07:56 AM
I don't know if this is still the case but the national headquarters for the klan used to be in Lincoln, Nebraska. So, pretty far from the deep south.

And, sticking with the OP, New Jersey once had a strong klan presence. That was a long time ago, before WWII, but there are photographs of them marching near the Shore.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
07-07-2015, 07:57 AM
(05-07-2015 02:52 PM)Anjele Wrote:  

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/in...ate_groups

http://aattp.org/this-map-shows-you-how-...-area-map/

http://www.businessinsider.com/anthony-k...lan-2014-4

Keep in mind that these are 'official' groups.

Thanks. I am curious about the enrollment of these. It is more disturbing that this is even still around anywhere.

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
10-07-2015, 09:53 PM
(04-07-2015 02:15 PM)BnW Wrote:  Born and raised in NJ and lived there until I was 40. And, on behalf of NJ, I just want to say "fuck the lot of yous".

Without us there would be no Springsteen, no Bon Jovi, no Witney Houston, no Frank Sinatra. Some of the best beaches in the US. And. NJ used to be the horse capital of the US. They raised more horses than any other state. Not sure if that's still true.

NJ is one of the wealthiest states and has one of the best public education systems in the country.

As for where the gardens are, it has a ton of agriculture. But. You land in Newark Airport, which is in a very industrial part of the state, and you get no sense of that.

I love NJ, and I'm happy for any poll that keeps people from coming. The unofficial state motto is "welcome to NJ. Now go home".

If you have to try and convince people it's great, it probably isn't. Just sayin' Also, fuck all the celebrities on the list. Just to be an ass, here is some fun facts about New Jersey. It was the last northern state to abolish slavery, and had slaves in bondage when they were freed by federal law after the end of the American Civil War, and voted against Lincoln in both elections in which he was elected. The states is prone to experiencing nor'easters, which can intern cause terrible blizzards, Newark was the fourth poorest of U.S. cities with over 250,000 residents in 2008. The state has the highest unemployment rate for military veterans in the country. All but one major league sports team located in the state of New Jersey are too embarrassed to admit their actual location including the New York Giants, and New York Jets. Without New Jersey we would not have The Jonas Brothers, The Long Island Serial Killer, and Snookie. Evil_monster

[+] 4 users Like Dark Light's post
13-07-2015, 09:59 AM (This post was last modified: 13-07-2015 10:22 AM by RocketSurgeon76.)
Well, one of my great heroes, Jon Stewart, says he is ashamed of his home state of New Jersey.

But still he throws it some love, sometimes:

"Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel
Isn't the Promised Land,
It's just, just New Jersey."

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
13-07-2015, 11:30 AM
(10-07-2015 09:53 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  
(04-07-2015 02:15 PM)BnW Wrote:  Born and raised in NJ and lived there until I was 40. And, on behalf of NJ, I just want to say "fuck the lot of yous".

Without us there would be no Springsteen, no Bon Jovi, no Witney Houston, no Frank Sinatra. Some of the best beaches in the US. And. NJ used to be the horse capital of the US. They raised more horses than any other state. Not sure if that's still true.

NJ is one of the wealthiest states and has one of the best public education systems in the country.

As for where the gardens are, it has a ton of agriculture. But. You land in Newark Airport, which is in a very industrial part of the state, and you get no sense of that.

I love NJ, and I'm happy for any poll that keeps people from coming. The unofficial state motto is "welcome to NJ. Now go home".

If you have to try and convince people it's great, it probably isn't. Just sayin' Also, fuck all the celebrities on the list. Just to be an ass, here is some fun facts about New Jersey. It was the last northern state to abolish slavery, and had slaves in bondage when they were freed by federal law after the end of the American Civil War, and voted against Lincoln in both elections in which he was elected. The states is prone to experiencing nor'easters, which can intern cause terrible blizzards, Newark was the fourth poorest of U.S. cities with over 250,000 residents in 2008. The state has the highest unemployment rate for military veterans in the country. All but one major league sports team located in the state of New Jersey are too embarrassed to admit their actual location including the New York Giants, and New York Jets. Without New Jersey we would not have The Jonas Brothers, The Long Island Serial Killer, and Snookie. Evil_monster

Snookie is from New York, not New Jersey.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost