And they said we, atheists are the stupid ones...

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 4 Average
16-06-2013, 02:28 AM
RE: And they said we, atheists are the stupid ones...
So the ropes are to stop them from drowning or happen to be there?
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
18-06-2013, 02:44 PM
Who said "Atheists are stupid..."?

FAR from it. The issue isn't the stupidity of freethinkers but their pride.
18-06-2013, 07:07 PM
(18-06-2013 02:44 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Who said "Atheists are stupid..."?

BULLSHIT!

You don't really believe that tired old fallacy, do you? You think we think what we do because we're too proud to believe your nonsense?

No, PJ, that's not the truth. I believe what I do because I'm rational, open-minded, and, most importantly...informed. You, sir, are not, and deep down you know it.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Mark Fulton's post
19-06-2013, 06:53 AM (This post was last modified: 19-06-2013 08:39 PM by devilsadvoc8.)
(18-06-2013 02:44 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  Who said "Atheists are stupid..."?

Pride? Pride?

Well I do have pride in myself and my beliefs because I can support them.

You on the other hand are a coward, PJ. You have not to my knowledge responded to that travesty of a thread you started entitled "You asked for it" and your dishonesty was thoroughly exposed in the book recommendations thread. You pretend to be to be open minded but you are not and you claim intelligence but your posts in this forum prove otherwise.
[+] 3 users Like devilsadvoc8's post
19-06-2013, 07:16 AM (This post was last modified: 21-06-2013 05:57 AM by Full Circle.)
While I applaud the women for enjoying the ocean what they are doing is in actuality foolhardy. Anytime you wear loose garments in the ocean two things come into play: the garment become saturated and heavy making them difficult to swim in thus tiring the swimmer and also the extra fabric can easily be caught on ropes, coral or any protrusion.

For the sake of modesty the women are taking unecessary risks. This dive skin cover everything and protects but then this would requires critical thinking.

[attachment=1434]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
20-06-2013, 04:02 PM
(18-06-2013 02:44 PM)Please Jesus Wrote:  Who said "Atheists are stupid..."?

If you mean pride as in hubris. Then I'm sure there are those who enjoy making others feel bad.

However I do worry that the person on the other side of the keyboard may have a breakdown or feel talked down too.

I admit when I'm wrong and I can only speak for my self.

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
21-06-2013, 04:12 AM
(19-06-2013 07:16 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  While I applaud the women for enjoying the ocean what they are doing is in actuality foolhardy. Anytime you wear loose garments in the ocean two things come into play: the garment become saturated and heavy making them difficult to swim in thus tiring the swimmer and also the extra fabric can easily be caught on ropes, coral or any protrusion.

For the sake of modesty the women are taking unecessary risks. This dive skin cover everything and protects but then this would require critical thinking.

I like what you said. I also personally know these people to belong to a church that would not allow them to see the doctor or even take medicine because they have to reply on faith. We were once members of the church. It's because of their believed that influenced my family once that god my mother blind. She's diabetic yet they tell her that she doesn't have to abstain from sweets because god will protect her. So basically, my mother having all that "faith" did as they told. Got her partially blind. How sad eh? Though we're not at a different church and beliefs are no longer that absurd, their reasoning and beliefs are still ridiculous and outrageous.
21-06-2013, 01:07 PM
Quote:BULLSHIT!

You don't really believe that tired old fallacy, do you? You think we think what we do because we're too proud to believe your nonsense?

No, PJ, that's not the truth. I believe what I do because I'm rational, open-minded, and, most importantly...informed. You, sir, are not, and deep down you know it.

How do more ad homs putting you up and putting me down not further enhance my point?
21-06-2013, 08:39 PM
(21-06-2013 01:07 PM)PleaseJesus Wrote:  
Quote:BULLSHIT!

How do more ad homs putting you up and putting me down not further enhance my point?

You suggested atheists are too proud to believe your nonsense. That was an ad hom. You got back what you gave.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-06-2013, 09:26 PM
They wear the skirts because that's how Jesus likes it

[Image: Mormon_jesus-1310761482.png]

Creepy ass fetish motherfucker.

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post