And yet another refugee from the Mamazon forums

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-02-2017, 01:17 AM
And yet another refugee from the Mamazon forums
Hi everyone

Another refugee from the Mamazon forums here. Perhaps they are clearing the place out before shutting it down?

At Mamazon I was known as SinSeeker. I decided to celebrate my rapture with a change of screen name. The reason for originally calling myself SinSeeker was becoming increasingly irrelevant, so what could be better than naming myself after an almost God-like (mechanical) entity who stumbles around the universe, creating havoc wherever he goes (but occasionally doing the right thing)?

Now in my sixties, I became an atheist in spirit at around 16, but didn’t start calling myself that until much later in life. One of the nice things about living in Australia/New Zealand is that religion is really not an issue for most people.

Looking forward to continuing interactions with (apparently) many of my on-line friends from Mamazon.

Cheers,
Klapaucius

“Omnipotence is most omnipotent when one does nothing at all” - Gnostotron, an ontologue computer, with its theostats adjusted to the proper epistomotive force,
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 5 users Like Klapaucius's post
22-02-2017, 03:30 AM
RE: And yet another refugee from the Mamazon forums
(22-02-2017 01:17 AM)Klapaucius Wrote:  ...
The reason for originally calling myself SinSeeker was becoming increasingly irrelevant

... because you found it?

Wink

Welcome to TTA.

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
22-02-2017, 03:37 AM
Welcome.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
22-02-2017, 03:40 AM
Wait, you live in australia and new zealand? Welcome aboard!

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk
22-02-2017, 04:24 AM
Hello! Big Grin
22-02-2017, 06:29 AM
(22-02-2017 01:17 AM)Klapaucius Wrote:  Hi everyone

Another refugee from the Mamazon forums here. Perhaps they are clearing the place out before shutting it down?

At Mamazon I was known as SinSeeker. I decided to celebrate my rapture with a change of screen name. The reason for originally calling myself SinSeeker was becoming increasingly irrelevant, so what could be better than naming myself after an almost God-like (mechanical) entity who stumbles around the universe, creating havoc wherever he goes (but occasionally doing the right thing)?

Now in my sixties, I became an atheist in spirit at around 16, but didn’t start calling myself that until much later in life. One of the nice things about living in Australia/New Zealand is that religion is really not an issue for most people.

Looking forward to continuing interactions with (apparently) many of my on-line friends from Mamazon.

Cheers,
Klapaucius

“Omnipotence is most omnipotent when one does nothing at all” - Gnostotron, an ontologue computer, with its theostats adjusted to the proper epistomotive force,

Welcome to our new home.
22-02-2017, 07:30 AM
Welcome, Klapaucius, glad to have you aboard!
22-02-2017, 07:43 AM
Greetings!
22-02-2017, 07:52 AM
G'day mate, and welcome. Smile

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
22-02-2017, 09:34 AM
Welcome! We have several Aussies and NZlanders here. You guys are a fun and outspoken bunch. I doff my hat to all you fine citizens from down under.

[Image: doff-hat.jpg]

Several years ago I was on Amazon for a short while. It all started when I was reading the book review and commentary section on Why Evolution Is True by Jerry Coyne and discovered they had a discussion forum. I still read the book review section from time to time. Last week I scanned through the Bart Ehrman reviews of the last book he wrote. Some who contribute to the book reviews are idiots but others are very well spoken.

Anyway, welcome!

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.