"Anders Breivik was appointed by God"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-08-2011, 10:12 AM
"Anders Breivik was appointed by God"

Westboro Baptist Church Says it Plans to Picket Norway Funerals

Fringe group claims that Anders Breivik was "appointed by God."

Not sure if it's worth any attention, but the loonies were seeing visions of their loving God again:

Quote:“Did you think God would wink at that in-your-face sin forever?” the group writes. “No! He sent the killer to slaughter 75+ of your children and citizens.”

Yes, makes perfect sense. And the starving children in Somalia are probably getting their share because they didn't accept Jesus in their hearts, right?

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2011, 10:45 AM
RE: "Anders Breivik was appointed by God"
If thats God's attempt at retribution then I gotta say it's kinda pathetic. He's an omnipotent being yet killed less than 80 of the more than 6,500,000,000 people on the planet, what an epic failure! If I was an omnipotent being hell-bent on death and destruction I wouldn't be happy with anything under 6,000,000,000 as a bare minimum.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
06-08-2011, 06:38 AM
These idiots are not flying to Norway to protest. All they are doing is making a statement that gets them what they crave they most: free publicity. Almost everything these idiots do is about publicity.

I wish people would stop treating them like they are worthy of any attention at all. We should be treating them like a monster under the bed: close your eyes and ignore them and they will just go away.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
06-08-2011, 08:37 AM
(06-08-2011 06:38 AM)BnW Wrote:  We should be treating them like a monster under the bed: close your eyes and ignore them and they will just go away.

Or they'll try harder and blow something up... like an abortion clinic. You never know. I'd prefer to group them all on a savage deserted island where they can pray as much as they want without being confronted by gay people and modern science. That should make everybody happy.

"Infinitus est numerus stultorum." (The number of fools is infinite)
07-08-2011, 03:56 PM
As much as i hate these people and how they make my blood boil. Anytime ive seen them in an interview its never looked like they actually believe what they say. They look like they know they are wrong but dont want to admitt to it so keep at it making themselfs look worse in the prossess.

Behold the power of the force!
[Image: fgYtjtY.gif]
08-08-2011, 05:27 AM
Regarding the Westboro Baptists... I think they are IRL trolls and in my opinion doing this as a satirical parody of religions in the world today. The world's like the internet to them, and I say they are pretty good and convincing trolls. But still...

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
08-08-2011, 08:35 AM
I agree with BNW...

WBC is getting WAY to much international attention. This will only make them stronger in their believes, that they have some god on their side. They are not the largest group, nor do they really have major influence. Media should treat them for the annoyance they really are: Just that... Annoying like a gnat. Nothing more....

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
08-08-2011, 01:30 PM
I do tell people to pay them no attention, don't even attend their protests.

Remember that weird guy in class who would do outlandish things and everyone would laugh at him and he would get in trouble? It doesn't matter if it's negative attention, it's attention, and that's what they want pure and simple.

I say if the world wants to take a stand to these fools, ignore them, completely. Don't even engage them, don't cover them on the news, don't go to their protests, act as if they don't exist.

If everyone as a whole did that, they would dry up and float away.

[Image: 1471821-futurama_bender_s_big_score_imag...er-1-1.jpg]