RE: Andrews Knob
A few favorites I've encountered in my motorcycle trips:

Bald Knob, Arkansas
[Image: 499051815_f3ad8c632f.jpg]

Dry Prong, Louisiana
[Image: 294545807_44f3a0832a_b.jpg]

Knob Lick, Missouri
[Image: 3599128926_8ae1b6dc4f.jpg]

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
17-06-2016, 11:18 AM
Not a town but a church we spotted on a trucking trip, as we drove into Tennessee.
I saw the sign and said in a loud stage voice
THE FULL ARMOR OF GODDDDDD
bible baptist church
My athiest friend and I giggled for a while about that one.
17-06-2016, 12:37 PM
(17-06-2016 07:10 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I once mounted Lord Hereford's knob in the Brecon Beacons. It was quite disappointing.

Yeah, but how was it for Lord Hereford? Angel
(17-06-2016 11:09 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Dry Prong, Louisiana

Haha, seeing as in a LOT of romance/erotica bilge (a.k.a the bane of my existence) the woman’s… well… valley, so to speak, is quite often described as wet, sodden and dripping (all three are quotes from “my” most recent chef d'oeuvre), I think there’s a certain yin-yangian beauty to dry prong, a cosmic balance, as it were Rolleyes

(17-06-2016 11:18 AM)skyking Wrote:  Not a town but a church we spotted on a trucking trip, as we drove into Tennessee.

Not having read the entire Bible in English (not sure if what I was doing with it in my own language counts as reading, but that’s a whole other story), my first thought was Yahweh jousting in full-body armour (which would explain the popemobile, I guess). A quick google resulted in some deeply disturbing stuff Blink
[Image: Courtship-Pickup-Lines.021.jpg]

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderò."
[+] 2 users Like Vera's post
17-06-2016, 01:02 PM (This post was last modified: 17-06-2016 01:05 PM by RocketSurgeon76.)
They really think that. Paul talked about battling "powers" that are unseen yet real. It's a ghost-religion.

“Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.” (Ephesians 6:13-17)

Stand firm with your Belt of Truth™, that you might never change your mind upon encountering new evidence.

Put on the Breastplate of Righteousness™ so that unrighteous persons will ever touch your heart.

Take up the Shield of Faith™, to block out all those "flaming arrows" called facts.

Use your invisible Sword of the Spirit™, called the Word of God™, that you might annoy the shit out of educated people with your useless, imaginary thrusts and "hya! Touché!", so you can be the theological equivalent of the StarWars Kid.

Noooo, buddy, you're not in a cult! You clearly have The TRUTH™.

(And am I the only person who noticed that "Full Armor of God" spells "FAG"?)

ETA: Also, am I the only person who thinks all of Paul's spiritual weaponry there sounds like a high-level magic item found in a D&D game? "Aha! I have the Breastplate of Righteousness!" "Yeah well I got some Boots of Speed and a Cloak of Elvenkind!"

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 3 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
17-06-2016, 01:06 PM
(17-06-2016 12:37 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(17-06-2016 07:10 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  I once mounted Lord Hereford's knob in the Brecon Beacons. It was quite disappointing.

Yeah, but how was it for Lord Hereford? Angel
(17-06-2016 11:09 AM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  Dry Prong, Louisiana

Haha, seeing as in a LOT of romance/erotica bilge (a.k.a the bane of my existence) the woman’s… well… valley, so to speak, is quite often described as wet, sodden and dripping (all three are quotes from “my” most recent chef d'oeuvre), I think there’s a certain yin-yangian beauty to dry prong, a cosmic balance, as it were Rolleyes

(17-06-2016 11:18 AM)skyking Wrote:  Not a town but a church we spotted on a trucking trip, as we drove into Tennessee.

Not having read the entire Bible in English (not sure if what I was doing with it in my own language counts as reading, but that’s a whole other story), my first thought was Yahweh jousting in full-body armour (which would explain the popemobile, I guess). A quick google resulted in some deeply disturbing stuff Blink
[Image: Courtship-Pickup-Lines.021.jpg]
I'd love to find the slovenly looking dude with the excuse "it's out at the cleaners" Smile
17-06-2016, 01:10 PM
For the six people on the internet who haven't seen the StarWars Kid, here's the original video:

17-06-2016, 02:01 PM
[Image: Bibleman-1.jpg]

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
17-06-2016, 02:13 PM
(17-06-2016 01:10 PM)RocketSurgeon76 Wrote:  For the six people on the internet who haven't seen the StarWars Kid, here's the original video:

Laugh out load Make that 5 people, now. It would be fun to step into that and take his stick away.
17-06-2016, 02:18 PM
Exit 88 on I-94 in Michigan -- is where you get off -- to the town of Climax.....

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
17-06-2016, 02:27 PM
(17-06-2016 02:18 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  Exit 88 on I-94 in Michigan -- is where you get off -- to the town of Climax.....

Bus driver, this is my stop Unh

[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post