Angela Merkel to Muslim immigrants: embrace Christianity or piss off

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
19-10-2010, 01:08 AM
Angela Merkel to Muslim immigrants: embrace Christianity or piss off
http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20101017/wl_...mmigration

While I do agree that many barbaric customs still subside in Islamic practices and that they should be banned at least in the more "civilized" countries of the Western world, I find the way she phrases her contempt for non-Christians ("We feel tied to Christian values. Those who don't accept them don't have a place here") to be worrying, because "those who don't accept Christian values" include not only Muslims, but also Buddhists, Hindus, pantheists, agnostics, atheists etc. Is everyone expected to be a Christian in Germany? Could this also mean that atheists are frowned upon? And what exactly does she mean by "Christian values" anyway?

All learning is quite useless if you haven't learned to question what you learn.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
19-10-2010, 01:51 AM
RE: Angela Merkel to Muslim immigrants: embrace Christianity or piss off
Maybe people should read this before embracing christian values.

http://www.truthbeknown.com/victims.htm
Find all posts by this user
19-10-2010, 09:37 AM
This somehow reminds me of the south park episode ''a little bit country''. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqzTp5QiI...re=related
''Falls du nicht gefallen deutsch Kristlizh Wihtigkeit, dann du kann eben raus...''?

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
19-10-2010, 03:12 PM
Merkel is a douche. nobodys taking her serious over here anymore. The funny thing is that she wasn´t ment to be kanzler in the first place. She is so pathetic, i won´t and wouldn´t vote her party anyway, but it has a lot of power right at the moment though...
But siriously i know a hell of a lot atheists here in germany who couldn´t give a shit about her christian values.
Talking about them, what about love thy neighbour as much as yourself, anyway? Well, i guess that doens´t apply for muslim immigrants.

EMO, because homo is not gay enoughTongue
19-10-2010, 04:06 PM

I think her comments regarding Germany being what amounts to a Christian country, while there is no place for others not Christian, is reminiscent of another exclusive elite population declaration made by a different political figure, and so she's a terrible 21st century mouth piece for such a bigoted near sighted remark as all that.

I do think she has a point about Muslims adopting to their new homeland, as immigrants, especially the requirement to learn the language and to set aside forced marriage. The former is common sense. The later is not anything that the government could really control, since to keep with tradition the Muslim family and couple would easily lie in order to pursue the lawful union, even in the event it was achieved through force.
Quote this message in a reply