Angels and stuff

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2016, 06:55 PM
Angels and stuff
So.. I was thinking.. Christians say God created us because he was lonely and wanted someone to love him.
They also say the Angels were around with him before us.. That the Angels are like robotic creatures programmed to love him and he gave us the option of free will. But if the Angels are made to love him., how did lucifer end up where he is? And if he is all knowing why didn't he stop lucifer before he got going?? Yo my brain is on it today. Could be the amount of caffeine I needed from staying up till 4:30. If it doesn't make sense.. Eh.. Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2016, 07:00 PM
RE: Angels and stuff
I was taught that the angels also had 'free will.' I still don't understand why God wouldn't have done anything about it. I also don't understand why he made humans and then let Lucifer mess with them.
24-04-2016, 07:01 PM
It's gonna be explained away by thousands in thousands of different ways.

But it's amused me on the regards of those who claim we can't directly experience god like Adam or Abraham so easily nor can the whole world because that'd violate free will or make people not have to choose... which makes no sense because angels did that, plenty who in the stories knew god disobeyed as well. It's just bad plotting all around

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
24-04-2016, 07:02 PM
(24-04-2016 06:55 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  So.. I was thinking.. Christians say God created us because he was lonely and wanted someone to love him.
Yes, this is what they say but an interesting thing that their God never claimed this.
(24-04-2016 06:55 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  They also say the Angels were around with him before us..
Yes, they say this but an interesting thing that their God never claimed this.
(24-04-2016 06:55 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  That the Angels are like robotic creatures programmed to love him and he gave us the option of free will.
Their God never claimed this. Isn't it the most interesting thing?
(24-04-2016 06:55 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  But if the Angels are made to love him., how did lucifer end up where he is?
Good question. May be angels were not made to love Him?
(24-04-2016 06:55 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  And if he is all knowing why didn't he stop lucifer before he got going??
Good question. May be it is because Lucifer had agency that is why God didn't stop Him. May be it had to be that way.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
24-04-2016, 07:06 PM
(24-04-2016 07:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 06:55 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  So.. I was thinking.. Christians say God created us because he was lonely and wanted someone to love him.
Yes, this is what they say but an interesting thing that their God never claimed this.
(24-04-2016 06:55 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  They also say the Angels were around with him before us..
Yes, they say this but an interesting thing that their God never claimed this.
(24-04-2016 06:55 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  That the Angels are like robotic creatures programmed to love him and he gave us the option of free will.
Their God never claimed this. Isn't it the most interesting thing?
(24-04-2016 06:55 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  But if the Angels are made to love him., how did lucifer end up where he is?
Good question. May be angels were not made to love Him?
(24-04-2016 06:55 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  And if he is all knowing why didn't he stop lucifer before he got going??
Good question. May be it is because Lucifer had agency that is why God didn't stop Him. May be it had to be that way.
How do you know what their God has or not claimed to them?

24-04-2016, 07:06 PM
(24-04-2016 07:00 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I was taught that the angels also had 'free will.' I still don't understand why God wouldn't have done anything about it.
If He had done something it would mean that angels didn't have agency(you call it "free will")
(24-04-2016 07:00 PM)CosmicRaven Wrote:  I also don't understand why he made humans and then let Lucifer mess with them.
You will understand as soon as you learn LDS Doctrine.

24-04-2016, 07:07 PM
I know (I think) it was never claimed (it gets hard to separate what I was taught)
Apparently this isn't God letting lucifer messing with us. According to Christians everything is controlled. During tribulation is where the chains come off. It doesn't make sense. But that brings up another thought. Christians also say things like "if the Devils on your back your doing things right" if that's the case atheists and other people of different religions must be doing something right because the devil is on everyone. But they think the devil leaves alone people like us and other faiths just because we are doing what he wants.. Not believing.
24-04-2016, 07:08 PM
(24-04-2016 07:06 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  How do you know what their God has or not claimed to them?
They never explained when, where and how God told them this. Do you have any info you can share with me?

24-04-2016, 07:10 PM
(24-04-2016 07:08 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 07:06 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  How do you know what their God has or not claimed to them?
They never explained when, where and how God told them this. Do you have any info you can share with me?

So? No I don't. How does that grant information that their god had not claimed that?

24-04-2016, 07:10 PM
because Lucifer was required as an antagonist in this "good triumphs over evil" narrative that people wanted to tell.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 2 users Like cactus's post