Angels and stuff

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-04-2016, 09:18 PM
RE: Angels and stuff
(27-04-2016 08:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Jewelarcher Wrote:But why did he bring him to the place he planned on putting his humans? Why was it necessary if it meant exposing people to evil that he doesn't want us around anyway?
According to LDS Doctrine before heaven and Earth were created God Father created us as His spirit children. Every person that was/is/or will be born on earth literally God's spirit son or daughter. It means that before you were born on earth you lived with God as His son or daughter(sorry, I don't know your gender).
We lived with God, we learned and we progressed. But there were limits to our progression. God said that we can become like Him. But for this we have to obtain physical bodies and we have to be tested.
God said that we will have to live in the world were we can experience good and evil. Our test is that we will learn how to defeat evil and we would learn to make good/right choices. God gave us moral agency.
So, those who have physical bodies and pass test in mortality can become like God( like our Heavenly Parent).
If you want me to continue, if it is not confusing I will continue. If you don't want to hear more I will respect this.

So as you described earlier this god is not omniscient. Nor here is it shown to be omnipotent if for some reason there are limits it can't get progress its spirit beings past.

So why do you want to be like this god? what makes you even think it is a god? It severely lacks capabilities.

Then again you have that strange notion many christians have. Where you place it that lucifer/satan HAD the agency choice while in the same proclamations claim the human entities need a "earthly" existence to make the choices... clearly that's not the case if the angels can and it's provenly showcasing this "god" thing isn't actually a god at all but a limited being.

I don't get your notions of lds that you people actually WANT to be like these gods.. they're pathetic.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
27-04-2016, 09:42 PM
I Just had to do it

http://southpark.cc.com/clips/104253/jos...th-part-1#

"Skepticism is the first step towards truth" -Denis Diderot
28-04-2016, 05:08 PM
(27-04-2016 09:11 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 08:40 PM)Alla Wrote:  LDS Doctrine helps to understand the Bible better.

Hmm I might be interested in learning other things. I still have a book to finish on biblical contradictions. And Aliza has me interested in her beliefs. At the same time I'm watching some YouTube videos.. So much to learn in all directions.
This is totally OK with me. Thumbsup
Aliza is very knowledgeable. I enjoy reading her posts. I am very happy you think you found what you were looking for.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
28-04-2016, 05:09 PM
(27-04-2016 09:08 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  If I'm anything like the spirit child version I'm pretty sure I didn't decide to come here to learn evil.
Too much effort and I'm lazy.
Thumbsup

28-04-2016, 05:23 PM
ClydeLee Wrote:So as you described earlier this god is not omniscient
No, I never did it.
God of Israel is omniscient.
ClydeLee Wrote:Then again you have that strange notion many christians have. Where you place it that lucifer/satan HAD the agency choice while in the same proclamations claim the human entities need a "earthly" existence to make the choices... clearly that's not the case if the angels can and it's provenly showcasing this "god" thing isn't actually a god at all but a limited being.
Q: Who is Lucifer and angels according to LDS Doctrine?
A: children of God. Every human was an angel in heaven before birth on earth in mortal body. We ALL had agency. God told us that we can become like Him IF we are obtain physical bodies by being born on earth and if we are tested. Lucifer REJECTED this. He rebelled against God. That is why He became Devil, that is why he will never obtain physical body and he will never become God or let's say "like God"(same thing).
1/3 of angels followed Lucifer, they CHOSE their fate. By making that choice they lost their agency. Lucifer has complete power over them. 2/3 of angels chose to come to earth, to obtain physical bodies, to be tested so they can return home to Father to have eternal progression.
Every human is that angel who chose to follow God's plan of happiness (eternal progression).

28-04-2016, 08:46 PM
(28-04-2016 05:23 PM)Alla Wrote:  
ClydeLee Wrote:So as you described earlier this god is not omniscient
No, I never did it.
God of Israel is omniscient.
ClydeLee Wrote:Then again you have that strange notion many christians have. Where you place it that lucifer/satan HAD the agency choice while in the same proclamations claim the human entities need a "earthly" existence to make the choices... clearly that's not the case if the angels can and it's provenly showcasing this "god" thing isn't actually a god at all but a limited being.
Q: Who is Lucifer and angels according to LDS Doctrine?
A: children of God. Every human was an angel in heaven before birth on earth in mortal body. We ALL had agency. God told us that we can become like Him IF we are obtain physical bodies by being born on earth and if we are tested. Lucifer REJECTED this. He rebelled against God. That is why He became Devil, that is why he will never obtain physical body and he will never become God or let's say "like God"(same thing).
1/3 of angels followed Lucifer, they CHOSE their fate. By making that choice they lost their agency. Lucifer has complete power over them. 2/3 of angels chose to come to earth, to obtain physical bodies, to be tested so they can return home to Father to have eternal progression.
Every human is that angel who chose to follow God's plan of happiness (eternal progression).

so using his agency made him lose his agency, okay. that sure sounds like he had agency then... that rebelling is really the only actual agency you've ever described in any of your scenarios.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
28-04-2016, 10:39 PM
(28-04-2016 05:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(27-04-2016 09:08 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  If I'm anything like the spirit child version I'm pretty sure I didn't decide to come here to learn evil.
Too much effort and I'm lazy.
Thumbsup

Question. I thought Jehovah was a name for God. But the morman page says its Jesus Christi name.
But the jehovas witnesses preach more on God than Jesus (what they said anyway)
So why is jehova Jesus?
28-04-2016, 10:45 PM
(28-04-2016 10:39 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 05:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  Thumbsup

Question. I thought Jehovah was a name for God. But the morman page says its Jesus Christi name.
So why is jehova Jesus?

Also.. Do mormans not believe in hell? I read something about three layers of heaven.
28-04-2016, 11:58 PM (This post was last modified: 29-04-2016 12:02 AM by Alla.)
(28-04-2016 10:45 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Also.. Do mormans not believe in hell? I read something about three layers of heaven.
I don't know
but if you want to know what Mormons believe about hell I am more than happy to share with you this info. Smile

29-04-2016, 12:00 AM
(28-04-2016 10:39 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  
(28-04-2016 05:09 PM)Alla Wrote:  Thumbsup

So why is jehova Jesus?

Why is Jehovah Jesus? Consider
Because Jesus is Jehovah. Smile