Angels and stuff

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2016, 07:10 PM
RE: Angels and stuff
(24-04-2016 07:01 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  It's gonna be explained away by thousands in thousands of different ways.

But it's amused me on the regards of those who claim we can't directly experience god like Adam or Abraham so easily nor can the whole world because that'd violate free will or make people not have to choose... which makes no sense because angels did that, plenty who in the stories knew god disobeyed as well. It's just bad plotting all around

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

I mean why can't we? They didn't just have to go off of faith because Angels were popping up everywhere. We are expected to believe just off Jesus. But God even revealed himself to Moses. It was just his back but still. Gods word was claimed to be sent straight through Angels and Jesus. The bible is supposed to be enough for us but even they had religious documents like the bible.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2016, 07:11 PM
(24-04-2016 07:07 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I know (I think) it was never claimed (it gets hard to separate what I was taught)
You are correct. It was never claimed by their God.
(24-04-2016 07:07 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Apparently this isn't God letting lucifer messing with us. According to Christians everything is controlled.
According to some Christians not all Christians. And the most interesting that their God never claimed this.
(24-04-2016 07:07 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  During tribulation is where the chains come off. It doesn't make sense. But that brings up another thought. Christians also say things like "if the Devils on your back your doing things right" if that's the case atheists and other people of different religions must be doing something right because the devil is on everyone. But they think the devil leaves alone people like us and other faiths just because we are doing what he wants.. Not believing.
I have no idea what they are talking about. But their God never claimed this.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
24-04-2016, 07:13 PM
No god, no angels.

It's easy once you start to understand god as anthropomorphic--that is, an over-the-top person given extra powers, but still a person. All of the little conflicts people have in their families were translated into god legends. So the Christian god has a bunch of ungrateful relatives, just like your grandpa might. And they cause trouble. But all of that is imaginary, so don't worry.

And just so you don't get confused, since Alla is polluting this thread, and probably confusing things, a couple of caveats. Alla claims to be writing from the Mormon perspective. Alla's god is even more limited and nasty than the Christian god. Mormons think that they have a pathway to becoming gods themselves (they are not monotheists); they think what Christians call "god" is just the god of this particular solar system--although their cosmology and theology sometimes claims that it's this universe that the mean Mormons expect that they will get to be gods of their own solar systems. Alla seems to be looking forward to becoming a god and running little holocausts, rape-fests, genocides, and various natural disasters to teach the next generation of gods about "moral agency."
24-04-2016, 07:15 PM
Jewelarcher Wrote:I mean why can't we?
Did their God claim that we can't?
Jewelarcher Wrote:They didn't just have to go off of faith because Angels were popping up everywhere. We are expected to believe just off Jesus. But God even revealed himself to Moses. It was just his back but still. Gods word was claimed to be sent straight through Angels and Jesus. The bible is supposed to be enough for us but even they had religious documents like the bible.
Does the Bible claim that the bible is enough? Does their God claim that the Bible is enough?

24-04-2016, 07:15 PM
(24-04-2016 07:11 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 07:07 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  I know (I think) it was never claimed (it gets hard to separate what I was taught)
You are correct. It was never claimed by their God.
(24-04-2016 07:07 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  Apparently this isn't God letting lucifer messing with us. According to Christians everything is controlled.
According to some Christians not all Christians. And the most interesting that their God never claimed this.
(24-04-2016 07:07 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  During tribulation is where the chains come off. It doesn't make sense. But that brings up another thought. Christians also say things like "if the Devils on your back your doing things right" if that's the case atheists and other people of different religions must be doing something right because the devil is on everyone. But they think the devil leaves alone people like us and other faiths just because we are doing what he wants.. Not believing.
I have no idea what they are talking about. But their God never claimed this.

How do you know their God didn't directly speak to these people and tell them this?

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
24-04-2016, 07:18 PM
(24-04-2016 07:10 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 07:08 PM)Alla Wrote:  They never explained when, where and how God told them this. Do you have any info you can share with me?

So? No I don't. How does that grant information that their god had not claimed that?
If their God claimed that, they would try to prove it by quoting the Bible. They always do this.

24-04-2016, 07:18 PM
(24-04-2016 07:13 PM)julep Wrote:  No god, no angels.

It's easy once you start to understand god as anthropomorphic--that is, an over-the-top person given extra powers, but still a person. All of the little conflicts people have in their families were translated into god legends. So the Christian god has a bunch of ungrateful relatives, just like your grandpa might. And they cause trouble. But all of that is imaginary, so don't worry.

And just so you don't get confused, since Alla is polluting this thread, and probably confusing things, a couple of caveats. Alla claims to be writing from the Mormon perspective. Alla's god is even more limited and nasty than the Christian god. Mormons think that they have a pathway to becoming gods themselves (they are not monotheists); they think what Christians call "god" is just the god of this particular solar system--although their cosmology and theology sometimes claims that it's this universe that the mean Mormons expect that they will get to be gods of their own solar systems. Alla seems to be looking forward to becoming a god and running little holocausts, rape-fests, genocides, and various natural disasters to teach the next generation of gods about "moral agency."

Ok. Yeah he's confusing me. More in how most of his answers are the same. But thank you. It does help.
24-04-2016, 07:22 PM
(24-04-2016 07:18 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 07:10 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  So? No I don't. How does that grant information that their god had not claimed that?
If their God claimed that, they would try to prove it by quoting the Bible. They always do this.

More false claims again.. no "they" don't "always" do this, depending on unless you don't define they as those who always do this.

Plenty of people believe they've spoken to THEIR GOD and it has nothing to do with "the bible" which they don't all trust.

Why are you fine making assertive claims of people or their gods that you have no evidence or proof to claim. You can't prove they never do x, never say x, their god never did x, never said x. If someone had believed God told them X, why would they even use the bible ot prove it.. what does that have to do with their direct experience with their god, maybe they don't believe the bible was ever at any point written by gods influence so they don't trust it one bit.

Reality is because you can't, you do get people pulling answers out of their heads form anywhere, not all angel claims or theistic claims come from a persons holy book or what they belief some "prophet" anoints as reality. They "experience" it themselves aka come up with it on their own sometimes.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
24-04-2016, 07:24 PM

Alla is going to become a god? Riiiiight... and I'm thinking about becoming Batman. That would be a more likely scenario at least.
24-04-2016, 07:26 PM
(24-04-2016 07:18 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  

Ok. Yeah he's confusing me. More in how most of his answers are the same. But thank you. It does help.

Well, if it helps, you know how crazy-stupid Alla's answers seem to be? Garbles of words that mean jack shit, but repeated over and over, right? Once you step fully outside of Christianity (or other religions), that's what Christians sound like, too. It's just that the garbles of words from Christianity are so familiar to you that they seem more true. Eventually, for example, the idea that once a week, or once a month, you ate bread that was really a body and drank wine or grape juice that was really blood will seem idiotic. Because it was idiotic.
[+] 2 users Like julep's post