Angels and stuff

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-04-2016, 09:42 PM
RE: Angels and stuff
Aliza Wrote:God needs nothing at all. Absolutely nothing.
What is the name of the prophet of God of Israel who was teaching this strange thing?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-04-2016, 11:08 PM
(24-04-2016 09:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 09:14 PM)Aliza Wrote:  A need is a requirement. We need energy to survive. If we can't get it, we'll cease to exist.

To place a need or requiriment on the infinite is to attempt to limit infinity. G-d needs nothing at all. Absolutely nothing.
You and I believe in the same God. We believe in God of Abraham, Isaak and Jacob.
God of Israel did NOT claim to any of His prophets that He is infinite. Or did He?
what is "infinite God" any way?

Fuck, if only your where this skeptical when someone came to your door and sold you "Jesus in Americaland as Authored by a Convicted Con-Man", a.k.a. Mormonism. Facepalm

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
24-04-2016, 11:34 PM
May be I was. I was asking many questions before I became LDS.

24-04-2016, 11:41 PM
Paleophyte Wrote:Beacuse the definition of all-powerful is that it doesn't need anything.
why doesn't all-powerful need anything?

Paleophyte Wrote:We might amuse God, but the notion that God needs us is just plain silly.
why is it so plain silly?

24-04-2016, 11:45 PM
(24-04-2016 11:41 PM)Alla Wrote:  
Paleophyte Wrote:Beacuse the definition of all-powerful is that it doesn't need anything.
why doesn't all-powerful need anything?

Paleophyte Wrote:We might amuse God, but the notion that God needs us is just plain silly.
why is it so plain silly?

Alla. Do you need ants in your pants to make you dance?

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
25-04-2016, 03:17 AM
(24-04-2016 11:34 PM)Alla Wrote:  I was asking many questions before I became LDS.

I take it that not all your questions were answered?

I do not think that someone who believes (In Mormonism) that God is not omniscient or omnipotent ("he is a man, basically, who is continuing to progress") should comment on what a god is or is not...Dodgy

Spoon feeding in the long run, teaches nothing but the shape of the spoon! E.M. Forster
25-04-2016, 04:56 AM
(24-04-2016 09:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 09:14 PM)Aliza Wrote:  A need is a requirement. We need energy to survive. If we can't get it, we'll cease to exist.

To place a need or requiriment on the infinite is to attempt to limit infinity. G-d needs nothing at all. Absolutely nothing.
You and I believe in the same God. We believe in God of Abraham, Isaak and Jacob.
God of Israel did NOT claim to any of His prophets that He is infinite. Or did He?
what is "infinite God" any way?

We absolutely do not believe in the same god. You worship Jesus, someone my people regard as an idol. Your religion may have attributed the stories in the bible to being about their "father, son, holy spirit" god, but we do not accept that at all.
25-04-2016, 05:00 AM
(24-04-2016 11:34 PM)Alla Wrote:  May be I was. I was asking many questions before I became LDS.

Accepting the first answer you're given and defending it to the death and lying to protect it against all challenges doesn't make you skeptical.

But it's a great way to be wrong and never realize it or correct it. In other words, it's a great way to act like you.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
25-04-2016, 05:21 AM
(24-04-2016 09:28 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Ahhh the Passover, that holiday that celebrates the plagues brought against everyone who didn't have some blood smeared on their doors.

Gotta love that.

Apparently god didn't know who to torture or kill.

I wouldn't have survived a Passover. I'm a first born.
As such, I'm really glad it's all a pack of lies.

It's called Passover?

I've been calling it Overpass my entire life. Blush

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
25-04-2016, 05:40 AM
(24-04-2016 06:55 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  So.. I was thinking.. Christians say God created us because he was lonely and wanted someone to love him.
They also say the Angels were around with him before us.. That the Angels are like robotic creatures programmed to love him and he gave us the option of free will. But if the Angels are made to love him., how did lucifer end up where he is? And if he is all knowing why didn't he stop lucifer before he got going?? Yo my brain is on it today. Could be the amount of caffeine I needed from staying up till 4:30. If it doesn't make sense.. Eh.. Big Grin

Why are you wasting your time trying to make sense of the nonsensical? Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post