Angels and stuff

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-04-2016, 07:07 AM
RE: Angels and stuff
(25-04-2016 04:56 AM)Aliza Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 09:30 PM)Alla Wrote:  You and I believe in the same God. We believe in God of Abraham, Isaak and Jacob.
God of Israel did NOT claim to any of His prophets that He is infinite. Or did He?
what is "infinite God" any way?

We absolutely do not believe in the same god. You worship Jesus, someone my people regard as an idol. Your religion may have attributed the stories in the bible to being about their "father, son, holy spirit" god, but we do not accept that at all.
OK. But I still would like you to tell me:
what is "infinite God"?
God of Israel did NOT claim to any of His prophets that He is infinite. Or did He?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-04-2016, 07:23 AM
(24-04-2016 09:25 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 09:09 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  What would they need then?
God/Gods need to have FULLNESS OF JOY
If God can not have FULLNESS OF JOY what is the point of being God?
There is no point ... gods are forced to be gods and exist against no wishes of their own. Gods are the true existential heroes

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
25-04-2016, 07:37 AM
(25-04-2016 07:07 AM)Alla Wrote:  
(25-04-2016 04:56 AM)Aliza Wrote:  We absolutely do not believe in the same god. You worship Jesus, someone my people regard as an idol. Your religion may have attributed the stories in the bible to being about their "father, son, holy spirit" god, but we do not accept that at all.
OK. But I still would like you to tell me:
what is "infinite God"?

Revelation 1:8

"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."

Jeremiah 23:24

"Can a man hide himself in hiding places So I do not see him?" declares the LORD "Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?" declares the LORD.

1 Timothy 6:16

who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.

Etc.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
25-04-2016, 08:31 AM
Jeremiah 23:24 Wrote:"Can a man hide himself in hiding places So I do not see him?" declares the LORD "Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?" declares the LORD.
where did God say in this verse that He is infinite?
Let's say I have video cameras of the building I built/created. I can see every spot of this building. Nobody(no person) can hide from me. Am I infinite?

1 Timothy 6:16 Wrote:who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.
Let's say I am immortal and I dwell in light(place) you can not approach(you are not allowed, for example). Am I infinite?
Revelation 1:8 Wrote:"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
Let's say I am creator of a very, very big park. There is no other creators of this very, very big park. I am the first and the last.
Does it mean that I am infinite? Does it mean that nobody else created other parks in some other places and that nobody else can claim: "I created this park, nobody else did it, I am the first and the last"

25-04-2016, 08:33 AM
(25-04-2016 08:31 AM)Alla Wrote:  
Jeremiah 23:24 Wrote:"Can a man hide himself in hiding places So I do not see him?" declares the LORD "Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?" declares the LORD.
where did God say in this verse that He is infinite?
Let's say I have video cameras of the building I built/created. I can see every spot of this building. Nobody(no person) can hide from me. Am I infinite?

1 Timothy 6:16 Wrote:who alone possesses immortality and dwells in unapproachable light, whom no man has seen or can see To Him be honor and eternal dominion! Amen.
Let's say I am immortal and I dwell in light(place) you can not approach(you are not allowed, for example). Am I infinite?
Revelation 1:8 Wrote:"I am the Alpha and the Omega," says the Lord God, "who is and who was and who is to come, the Almighty."
Let's say I am creator of a very, very big park. There is no other creators of this very, very big park. I am the first and the last.
Does it mean that I am infinite? Does it mean that nobody else created other parks in some other places and that nobody else can claim: "I created this park, nobody else did it, I am the first and the last"

Troll is as troll does.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
25-04-2016, 08:35 AM
Jeremiah 23:24: "Do I not fill the heavens and the earth?" declares the LORD.

Do I not fill(figuratively speaking) the building when I am capable to see every spot of that building so no man can hide from me?

25-04-2016, 08:40 AM
(25-04-2016 08:33 AM)Banjo Wrote:  
(25-04-2016 08:31 AM)Alla Wrote:  where did God say in this verse that He is infinite?

Troll is as troll does.
I knew you can't show me where Aliza's God claims that He is infinite. Not a claim: "I am INFINITE God"

25-04-2016, 08:44 AM
God of Aliza claimed that He created heaven and earth. What is heaven according to this God? How big is it according to this God, of course?

25-04-2016, 06:46 PM
(25-04-2016 08:44 AM)Alla Wrote:  God of Aliza claimed that He created heaven and earth. What is heaven according to this God? How big is it according to this God, of course?

Good grief, I'm studying for finals.

Who created the universe, Alla?

No, don't answer that. According to Judaism, it was G-d... my G-d, not your god. Don't get them confused. I don't speak for Mormonism. I only speak for Judaism, including everything from Genesis to Malachi, and the Talmud.

I'm pretty sure that the concept of an infinite G-d is discussed in the Talmud, but finals prevent me from researching it to be sure. If I find it discussed there, then Moses was the prophet.

According to my religion, my people's G-d created the universe and time. G-d is outside of this time, and outside of this universe. G-d is not limited to our concepts of time. G-d is limited by nothing. The Jewish G-d is infinite.

Our G-d doesn't lose control of his angels. That limits our concept of G-d, and this incompatible with Judaism. We don't believe in a flawed G-d who screws married women.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
25-04-2016, 06:52 PM
(24-04-2016 07:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 06:55 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  So.. I was thinking.. Christians say God created us because he was lonely and wanted someone to love him.
Yes, this is what they say but an interesting thing that their God never claimed this.
(24-04-2016 06:55 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  They also say the Angels were around with him before us..
Yes, they say this but an interesting thing that their God never claimed this.
(24-04-2016 06:55 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  That the Angels are like robotic creatures programmed to love him and he gave us the option of free will.
Their God never claimed this. Isn't it the most interesting thing?
(24-04-2016 06:55 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  But if the Angels are made to love him., how did lucifer end up where he is?
Good question. May be angels were not made to love Him?
(24-04-2016 06:55 PM)Jewelarcher Wrote:  And if he is all knowing why didn't he stop lucifer before he got going??
Good question. May be it is because Lucifer had agency that is why God didn't stop Him. May be it had to be that way.
So tell us how long you have been around to know everything God claimed in everyone of his/her incarnations.
[+] 1 user Likes Born Again Pagan's post