Angels and stuff

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2016, 11:17 PM
RE: Angels and stuff
(26-04-2016 10:53 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  "Free will" is not a biblical concept nor is it taught in the Bible. According to scripture, everything, down to the tiniest minutia, was pre orchestrated by God; including the War in Heaven, the rebellion of Lucifer, and the creation of sin in humanity.

Simple answer: because God planned it and did it.

Actually, it's not a concept taught in your religion, but it is a concept taught in my religion.

Deut: 30:7 - 19 talks about how keeping the commandments (which is a poorly translated word) is totally within our power to do, but it's our choice to choose to do it. According to my religion, we have the power to choose good over evil, and life over death. G-d urges us to choose one way or another, but it's ultimately our own choice.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Aliza's post
26-04-2016, 11:20 PM
(26-04-2016 01:41 PM)Stevil Wrote:  [...] So, from where do people get their claims of "knowledge" of god?
A) The imagination.

You neglected the other reasons:

B) The imagination,
C) The imagination.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
27-04-2016, 01:04 AM
(26-04-2016 01:41 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(24-04-2016 07:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  Yes, this is what they say but an interesting thing that their God never claimed this.

Yes, they say this but an interesting thing that their God never claimed this.

Their God never claimed this. Isn't it the most interesting thing?

The interesting thing is that god has never claimed anything, god doesn't speak, god doesn't have a mouth, lungs or a larynx, god is incapable of speaking, or writing, or miming.

So, from where do people get their claims "knowledge" of god?
A) The imagination.

Sure, you can say this.
Aliza says that according to her religion God Yahweh, God of Abraham, Isaak and Jacob is infinite God and He created universe and time, and He is outside of time and universe(space).
My question is this: where is the revelation from God of Abraham, Isaak and Jacob to the Jews(tribe of Judah) where He says all these things?
That is all I want to know.
I hope Aliza will let me know.

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
27-04-2016, 05:07 AM
Alla, at least you are asking for evidence of where people wrote down what they imagined their god would have said.

Good for you. It's a first step.
Second step is realizing that people can create works of fiction. They can lie about events for entertainment purposes or manipulation of the masses to gain money and power.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
27-04-2016, 05:29 AM
(26-04-2016 11:17 PM)Aliza Wrote:  
(26-04-2016 10:53 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  "Free will" is not a biblical concept nor is it taught in the Bible. According to scripture, everything, down to the tiniest minutia, was pre orchestrated by God; including the War in Heaven, the rebellion of Lucifer, and the creation of sin in humanity.

Simple answer: because God planned it and did it.

Actually, it's not a concept taught in your religion, but it is a concept taught in my religion.

Deut: 30:7 - 19 talks about how keeping the commandments (which is a poorly translated word) is totally within our power to do, but it's our choice to choose to do it. According to my religion, we have the power to choose good over evil, and life over death. G-d urges us to choose one way or another, but it's ultimately our own choice.

But God knows in advance what we will choose. So... if he wanted to he could change what we would choose by changing the circumstances that made us choose action A over action B. Purely by a. being omnipotent and b. knowing in advance what the choice will be, he takes away the free choice, since no matter what he does, whether inaction or action the choice that we make is determined by his will and not our own.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
27-04-2016, 07:17 AM
(27-04-2016 05:07 AM)Rahn127 Wrote:  Alla, at least you are asking for evidence of where people wrote down what they imagined their god would have said.

Good for you. It's a first step.
Second step is realizing that people can create works of fiction. They can lie about events for entertainment purposes or manipulation of the masses to gain money and power.
I realize this. Step two is done. Smile

27-04-2016, 07:24 AM
(27-04-2016 05:29 AM)morondog Wrote:  But God knows in advance what we will choose.
Yes. I know you are thinking about robbing the bank and you are doing all preparations.
I KNOW what you will choose to do.
So, does it rob your agency somehow? Will my knowledge stop you?
BTW, you may surprise me. You may change your mind. And I know what is in your mind now. And I will say: "that's my boy".

27-04-2016, 08:12 AM
There isn't free will . There is only Chuck Norris will. Everything happens because chuck Norris says so.

Religion is bullshit. The winner of the last person to post wins thread.Yes
[+] 2 users Like Leo's post
27-04-2016, 08:16 AM
A boy was born in a family and in a neighborhood where drugs were sold, where there were many criminal activities. Where people didn't have good education.
Where there was music and movies that glorified this kind of life. This boy could not know that there is different life.
I see what this boy is learning. I KNOW what kind of choices he will make.
Is my knowledge somehow robbing his agency?

But let's say I want to give this boy an opportunity to start to make different choices. Let's say he was adopted by a different family that started to teach him different values. Boy likes it. He likes his new life. He wants to make choices that will make him happier.
Now when I(God) see this and I know boys thoughts and his heart I KNOW what choices he will start to make from now on.
Is my knowledge robbing his agency in any way?

27-04-2016, 08:23 AM
(24-04-2016 11:34 PM)Alla Wrote:  May be I was. I was asking many questions before I became LDS.

Let's just rearrange the letters LDS to LSD...

...and voila, it all makes sense.