RE: Anger-inducing God comments
That just makes me sad Sad

"If you don't have a seat at the table, you're probably on the menu."

[Image: parodia-michal-aniol-flying-spaghetti-monster.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2017, 10:38 PM
I have a cousin a couple years younger than I am, who, most likely will die of cancer before the year is out.

She went through a round of chemo and she praises jesus for surviving long enough to get through the chemo. Not one word of praise to all the doctors or the modern medicine that will allow her to live longer than she naturally would.

I am tempted to say, "It's a good thing you live in a first world country with modern medicine. If you lived in a third world country, jesus wouldn't be helping you so much.

It's also good you are alive at this point in history. In the past, jesus provided less and less help as you go back in time.

It's funny how jesus only helps in the places with more advanced medical treatments.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
[+] 6 users Like Rahn127's post
08-07-2017, 01:31 PM
ShadowProject Wrote:What kind of 'loving' god takes the life of a twelve year old boy????
or one year old boy.
do you believe that this place where we live now is the best place in the whole infinite and eternal space?

English is my second language.
I AM DEPLORABLE AND IRREDEEMABLE
SHE PERSISTED WE RESISTED
08-07-2017, 01:36 PM
ShadowProject Wrote:It's just a reminder that life can be incredibly unfair.
If life wasn't unfair sometimes you would never know what fair is.
It is good to know what fair is.

08-07-2017, 02:03 PM
Two kinds of god comments annoy me, besides the ones already covered.

1. Anything that starts with 'God wants', alternatively 'God hates' or 'God loves'. Pretending to know things the rest of us don't - creating an imaginary gap between us and them - is taking their life-long version of D&D too far.

2. 'That's not my god'. The response you get sometimes arguing actual bible quotes with a professed Christian. 'That's not the god l believe in'.
It's irritating because the person is not a believer in religion, just an opportunistic hypocrite who pilfers convenient details from older superstitions.

"Old men make old words holy. - A fool may scrawl on a slate and if no one has the wit to wipe it clean for a thousand years the scrawl becomes the wisdom of ages."

Honorous J. Ancrath
[+] 6 users Like M. Linoge's post
08-07-2017, 03:49 PM
The "God wanted another angel" comment is even worse if it is in response to a girl dying.
My reply on hearing this was "According to your bible there are no female angels , so what did your god want a pretty young girl for?.....Is he a pervert?"

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.
[+] 1 user Likes stevec's post
08-07-2017, 04:02 PM
(08-07-2017 03:49 PM)stevec Wrote:  The "God wanted another angel" comment is even worse if it is in response to a girl dying.
My reply on hearing this was "According to your bible there are no female angels , so what did your god want a pretty young girl for?.....Is he a pervert?"

It is not true. The Bible doesn't claim that angels have no gender.

08-07-2017, 04:05 PM
(07-07-2017 10:38 PM)Rahn127 Wrote:  I have a cousin a couple years younger than I am, who, most likely will die of cancer before the year is out.

She went through a round of chemo and she praises jesus for surviving long enough to get through the chemo. Not one word of praise to all the doctors or the modern medicine that will allow her to live longer than she naturally would.

I am tempted to say, "It's a good thing you live in a first world country with modern medicine. If you lived in a third world country, jesus wouldn't be helping you so much.

It's also good you are alive at this point in history. In the past, jesus provided less and less help as you go back in time.

It's funny how jesus only helps in the places with more advanced medical treatments.

You make very good point.

08-07-2017, 04:07 PM
(08-07-2017 02:03 PM)M. Linoge Wrote:  Two kinds of god comments annoy me, besides the ones already covered.

Must say that all god comments annoy me. They speak of arrogance - mortal presuming to know the mind of Almighty. But with religion that's given. These god phrases are just programmed responses - if x then y shit - that made me think that whatever grief is behind them is probably feigned. Better to say nothing than try to bring fables into real problems.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 4 users Like Szuchow's post
12-07-2017, 05:15 AM
(08-07-2017 04:02 PM)Alla Wrote:  
(08-07-2017 03:49 PM)stevec Wrote:  The "God wanted another angel" comment is even worse if it is in response to a girl dying.

It is not true. The Bible doesn't claim that angels have no gender.

Correct. They are all male.

What do you mean Life is short. It's the longest thing you're going to do.