Angry American yells at restaurant worker, more news at 10:00

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-09-2015, 09:19 PM
RE: Angry American yells at restaurant worker, more news at 10:00
(06-09-2015 09:27 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I think if I worked at a big box store - I'd go take some RFID tags off of some high priced items, and keep a couple handy near my register --- to slip into the bags of asshole customers ......

Not that I've ever suggest anyone actually do such a thing....

wink wink, nudge nudge..

Why take them off products? I work in security as well and there's tons of these 'hard tags' laying around everywhere:

[Image: 377971791_438.jpg]

In fact when you're on checkout you have a box of them under your checkout.

But better yet, when I work on security we have to cut off these new 'soft tags' that come on clothing when checkout staff forget to scan the clothing properly.
They're basically this:

[Image: RF-soft-label-clothing-security-tags-EAS-tag.jpg]

Inside a small fabric pouch. You're suppose to cut it off and cut it in half BUT I found you can cut it off, pull the fabric off and you're left with one of the picture above (except stuck together) and when you peel the whit bit off and are left with the wiring it's sticky, like really sticky.

"have a good day sir" *pat on back*

[Image: oscar.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
08-09-2015, 10:43 AM
It's hard to watch something like that all the time thinking that could be some poor bastard's mom.

bas·tard (băs′tərd)
n.
1. A person born to parents not married to each other.
08-09-2015, 11:00 AM
(06-09-2015 09:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 09:27 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I think if I worked at a big box store - I'd go take some RFID tags off of some high priced items, and keep a couple handy near my register --- to slip into the bags of asshole customers ......

wink wink, nudge nudge..

Why take them off products? I work in security as well and there's tons of these 'hard tags' laying around everywhere:

But better yet, when I work on security we have to cut off these new 'soft tags' that come on clothing when checkout staff forget to scan the clothing properly.
They're basically this:

Inside a small fabric pouch. You're suppose to cut it off and cut it in half BUT I found you can cut it off, pull the fabric off and you're left with one of the picture above (except stuck together) and when you peel the whit bit off and are left with the wiring it's sticky, like really sticky.

Do you know how many times I've walked out of a store with that shit still attached to my purchases? Too many to count...

Do you know how many times I've been stopped by security? never.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
08-09-2015, 11:08 AM
(08-09-2015 11:00 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 09:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why take them off products? I work in security as well and there's tons of these 'hard tags' laying around everywhere:

They're basically this:

Do you know how many times I've walked out of a store with that shit still attached to my purchases? Too many to count...

I just bought some bras and the checker forgot to take the hard tags off which I didn't realize at the time I walked through the security scanners which beeped but I thought it was someone else going through at the same time so I kept on walking to my car. No one came running after me. When I got home I had to cut the damn things off with heavy duty wire cutters.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 1 user Likes dancefortwo's post
08-09-2015, 01:08 PM
(08-09-2015 11:08 AM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(08-09-2015 11:00 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Do you know how many times I've walked out of a store with that shit still attached to my purchases? Too many to count...

I just bought some bras and the checker forgot to take the hard tags off which I didn't realize at the time I walked through the security scanners which beeped but I thought it was someone else going through at the same time so I kept on walking to my car. No one came running after me. When I got home I had to cut the damn things off with heavy duty wire cutters.

Never tried that. I always end up going back to the store. I try to get there when they first open with the bag, my receipt in hand (just in case there's an issue). When it's clothing.

Once best buy forgot to remove it from a camera I bought. That one I did cut off the box. It was wrapped with a bungee cord like thing. Dodgy

08-09-2015, 01:16 PM
(06-09-2015 09:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  

wink wink, nudge nudge..

They're basically this:

Back in the early 2000s, I was working for a retailer who started using the sticker tags on everything. There was one manager that nobody liked, so, a little sleight hand and I had hidden 3 on him. One in his pants pocket, one in his jacket pocket, and one inside the fold of his collar.

Boy was he pissed. He probably set off that alarm a dozen or more times before he found all 3 and due to idiotic corporate policy, he had to submit a report every time the alarm went off, even if it was just "unknown alarm".

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
08-09-2015, 06:48 PM
(08-09-2015 11:00 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 09:19 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Why take them off products? I work in security as well and there's tons of these 'hard tags' laying around everywhere:

They're basically this:

In fairness the job is so mind numbingly boring the security staff were probably asleep.

Quote:I just bought some bras and the checker forgot to take the hard tags off which I didn't realize at the time I walked through the security scanners which beeped but I thought it was someone else going through at the same time so I kept on walking to my car. No one came running after me. When I got home I had to cut the damn things off with heavy duty wire cutters.

If you have a magnet (something a little more powerful than a fridge magnet mind you) you can get them off that way. Put the magnet on the nobby plastic bit and pull the pin out. That's how we get them off.

Quote:Once best buy forgot to remove it from a camera I bought. That one I did cut off the box. It was wrapped with a bungee cord like thing. Dodgy

Those are called spider tags. The checkout operator who sold you the camera with a spider tag still attached is a fucking moron.
Did it look like this?

[Image: polycarbonate_plastics_box_guard_auto_el...y_tags.jpg]

Quote:Boy was he pissed. He probably set off that alarm a dozen or more times before he found all 3 and due to idiotic corporate policy, he had to submit a report every time the alarm went off, even if it was just "unknown alarm".

I am very familiar with said paperwork. Dodgy

[+] 3 users Like earmuffs's post
08-09-2015, 08:09 PM
(06-09-2015 08:35 PM)beeglez Wrote:  "The customer is always right" is an excellent way to create unhappy employees. That customer would not be allowed to abuse my employees like that

I agree. While working at a fast food joint in high school, a customer like that was blowing up on a coworker and the manager told that customer that they were no longer welcome in the store and needed to leave.

The incident was resolved more quickly this way. The manager was thinking about both the effect on his employees, and the disruption to others in the restaurant who are also customers. Why let one rude person ruin the dining experience for other well behaving customers? Some customers in the dining room actually came up to that manager and told him they thought he did the right thing.

The customer might always be right, but it's also true that not all customers are good customers. That nasty customer deserves the negative publicity they might get from this incident.
[+] 1 user Likes BryanS's post
08-09-2015, 08:23 PM
Yes Earmuffs. It looked a bit like that.

08-09-2015, 09:29 PM
(08-09-2015 08:09 PM)BryanS Wrote:  
(06-09-2015 08:35 PM)beeglez Wrote:  "The customer is always right" is an excellent way to create unhappy employees. That customer would not be allowed to abuse my employees like that

I agree. While working at a fast food joint in high school, a customer like that was blowing up on a coworker and the manager told that customer that they were no longer welcome in the store and needed to leave.

The incident was resolved more quickly this way. The manager was thinking about both the effect on his employees, and the disruption to others in the restaurant who are also customers. Why let one rude person ruin the dining experience for other well behaving customers? Some customers in the dining room actually came up to that manager and told him they thought he did the right thing.

The customer might always be right, but it's also true that not all customers are good customers. That nasty customer deserves the negative publicity they might get from this incident.

The thing is, if a customer is at the point where they're literally yelling at staff they're probably so upset with their product/service they aren't coming back anyway so no real lose.

Quote:Yes Earmuffs. It looked a bit like that.

Yea, the checkout operator was an idiot. How you don't see one of those is beyond me. I'm surprised the security staff didn't stop you either, they set the gates off more noticeable than all the other tags and the tags themselves actually go off (thus why they're so bulky). Where you shop really needs to sort their EAS gates out.

You can take them off with a magnet also.