Angry Joe and Razor Fist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-07-2014, 02:37 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2014 02:42 PM by Addai.)
Angry Joe and Razor Fist
Game Reviewers what do you think about them in General?

My wife seems to really like "the Angry Joe Show" and Razor fist's you-tube channel.
I think she watches more for the entertainment value than for the game info itself.
I also find their work entertaining but actually have been steered wrong a few times by Angry Joe, buying a few games here and there and not getting into them nearly as much as he did etc.

If you haven't watched them before then here's a few links, but of course both can be rather salty when it comes to their language, especially Razorfist(if your sensitive to that sort of thing you are forewarned).

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu...y+joe+show

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_qu...+Rageholic
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
31-07-2014, 04:30 PM
Re: Angry Joe and Razor Fist
Literally was in the middle of watching an Angry Joe Panel video he had at sgc this month. I'm not actually a big Angry Joe fan, but he seems rather cool.

I'm more a fan of the normal boots connected people in the panel he did. I enjoy the plain or off wall humor in contrast to ranty humor, but some such as the guy known as Satchelbags approach gaming reviews with a more analytical approach which I love and find inspiring for my opinion on humanity.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
31-07-2014, 04:35 PM
RE: Angry Joe and Razor Fist
I have seen a few Angry Joe video's, he seems to not have the same taste in games I do so I doubt I would make purchases based on his opinions but he does do a decent job in breaking the games down. You do need to see his Battleship review it is pretty awesome.

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
31-07-2014, 08:13 PM
I used to watch Angry Joe, but I stopped because his channel was essentially becoming a soapbox for his SJW agenda and he crapped all over ESO and lied and misrepresented the game.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

Happily Divorced from the Left!
31-07-2014, 08:51 PM
(31-07-2014 08:13 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  I used to watch Angry Joe, but I stopped because his channel was essentially becoming a soapbox for his SJW agenda and he crapped all over ESO and lied and misrepresented the game.

He's entitled to his opinion on the game... I know you've already said you're a massive TES fan, but to accuse him of lying because his opinion differs from yours is a bit pathetic.

[img]

via GIPHY

[/img]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
31-07-2014, 10:00 PM
(31-07-2014 08:51 PM)Sam Wrote:  
(31-07-2014 08:13 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  I used to watch Angry Joe, but I stopped because his channel was essentially becoming a soapbox for his SJW agenda and he crapped all over ESO and lied and misrepresented the game.

He's entitled to his opinion on the game... I know you've already said you're a massive TES fan, but to accuse him of lying because his opinion differs from yours is a bit pathetic.

He claimed that you only ever got 1 gold off enemies, which is untrue as even though you don't get much gold, I'm almost level 40 and I get 8 or so gold off enemies. If he had complained about not getting much gold per enemy he would have had a legitimate criticism, but he lies just to make the game sound bad. He sets it up as to make it sound like the whole game is some sort of scam to make you buy the Palomino horse.

Paleoliberal • English Nationalist • Zionist • Rightist • Anti-Islam • Neoconservative • Republican • Linguistic Revivalist and Purist

31-07-2014, 10:04 PM (This post was last modified: 31-07-2014 10:07 PM by Revenant77x.)
(31-07-2014 10:00 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(31-07-2014 08:51 PM)Sam Wrote:  He's entitled to his opinion on the game... I know you've already said you're a massive TES fan, but to accuse him of lying because his opinion differs from yours is a bit pathetic.

He claimed that you only ever got 1 gold off enemies, which is untrue as even though you don't get much gold, I'm almost level 40 and I get 8 or so gold off enemies. If he had complained about not getting much gold per enemy he would have had a legitimate criticism, but he lies just to make the game sound bad. He sets it up as to make it sound like the whole game is some sort of scam to make you buy the Palomino horse.

So the 20+ times in the review he showed all the broken things in the game he was using photoshop? His criticism of the gold drop rate was more in the cost of the mounts which basically made you buy the special edition for the free horse. That is a scam.

So people know wtf we are talking about

(31-07-2014 04:37 PM)Luminon Wrote:  America is full of guns, but they're useless, because nobody has the courage to shoot an IRS agent in self-defense
31-07-2014, 10:08 PM
(31-07-2014 10:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  
(31-07-2014 10:00 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  He claimed that you only ever got 1 gold off enemies, which is untrue as even though you don't get much gold, I'm almost level 40 and I get 8 or so gold off enemies. If he had complained about not getting much gold per enemy he would have had a legitimate criticism, but he lies just to make the game sound bad. He sets it up as to make it sound like the whole game is some sort of scam to make you buy the Palomino horse.

So the 20+ times in the review he showed all the broken things in the game he was using photoshop? His criticism of the gold drop rate was more in the cost of the mounts which basically made you buy the special edition for the free horse. That is a scam.

I'm not saying the game doesn't have issues, but lying to prop up a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory is quite dishonest.

31-07-2014, 10:12 PM
(31-07-2014 10:08 PM)Res Publica Wrote:  
(31-07-2014 10:04 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  So the 20+ times in the review he showed all the broken things in the game he was using photoshop? His criticism of the gold drop rate was more in the cost of the mounts which basically made you buy the special edition for the free horse. That is a scam.

I'm not saying the game doesn't have issues, but lying to prop up a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory is quite dishonest.

BTW this review was put up in April I would hope they have patched some of the stuff he was complaining about. If it has since been fixed it was not lying at the time. Most of his criticism was based on broken grouping and lack of PVE content, so even if as you claim he is "lying" about the gold drop rate that was probably his smallest problem with the game.