Angry and Frustrated To No End

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2014, 12:31 PM
RE: Angry and Frustrated To No End
(30-10-2014 12:08 PM)WindyCityJazz Wrote:  
(30-10-2014 08:42 AM)Chas Wrote:  Just fucking make the phone call.

The school has already discussed this with Child Services. They are going to tell me the same thing they told the school. We found out today that he went to the hospital last night. Hopefully the doctors will be able to make it mandatory that the kid gets a G-tube. I don't know if they even have the power to override the mom's decision, but if they do then, it would be insane for them to let him go home without one. Even if they don't have the power to override the mom's decision, I'm hopeful that hearing that from a doctor will be enough to change her mind.

I am going to try to find out what I can do to get this matter made aware to my state's government to try to get this law changed.

Keep us posted on this. What a horrible situation.

And thank you for all your hard work with these children.

I've called CPS three times and was anonymous for each call.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
30-10-2014, 03:08 PM
(30-10-2014 12:31 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Keep us posted on this. What a horrible situation.

And thank you for all your hard work with these children.

I've called CPS three times and was anonymous for each call.

Thanks, dancefortwo. I just called Child Services a half hour ago asking what I should do as far as taking steps to get this law changed. They said to just write to every lawmaker (senators, representatives, governor, etc.) about it, and hopefully some action will be taken concerning the issue.

As of right now, I hope that the mom will listen to the doctors and get a G-tube put in. I mean, I can't see the doctors saying anything other than "Your kid is in dire need of this operation, or he will soon die of malnutrition." Maybe she didn't take what we were telling her seriously because we are a school and not medical professionals. Hopefully, hearing this from medical professionals will make her take this matter seriously. Her argument that she "had a relative die in surgery", so she's refusing to get the G-tube operation for her child, is ridiculous, but she is legally allowed to make that choice, even though her argument is as logical as saying "There have been cases where school buses have been in accidents and children have died, therefore I should never allow my kid to ride on a school bus". I'm just really hoping that these politicians take this matter seriously. No child should ever have to be put in a situation like this, and I know damn well the only reason the parent is allowed to do this is because the child is special needs. If it were merely your average functioning child who was greatly malnourished, I'm sure the state would have taken custody away from the parent in a heartbeat. I see no reason why this particular situation should be treated any differently.

“Religion was invented when the first con man met the first fool.” - Mark Twain
31-10-2014, 04:20 PM (This post was last modified: 31-10-2014 08:11 PM by GirlyMan.)
2 questions:

1) Does the kid yet live? 'Cause now I'm emotionally invested.. ... and
2) What Godforsaken ignorant backasswards State you live in that doesn't protect its children?

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post