Animal Consciousness and Meat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2012, 03:46 PM
RE: Animal Consciousness and Meat
(16-12-2012 03:43 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  But then, I also think it is a sad state of affairs that we waste our time with this issue when we cannot even take care of our own species.
Relieving suffering is never a waste of time. We can do both, it doesn't have to be one or the other. Especially when we are the reason for this suffering to begin with.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
16-12-2012, 04:38 PM
(16-12-2012 12:36 PM)bemore Wrote:  

Fuck our species.
So watching standard procedure for processing meat makes you upset yet you claim humans are natural omnivores? interesting... I wonder if other omnivores have empathy for it's prey?
16-12-2012, 04:45 PM
[Image: 24806v.jpg]

[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
16-12-2012, 04:47 PM
(16-12-2012 04:45 PM)Vera Wrote:  [Image: 24806v.jpg]
Are we on 4chan or in a discussion? My question remains unanswered.
16-12-2012, 04:55 PM
(16-12-2012 04:38 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  

Fuck our species.
So watching standard procedure for processing meat makes you upset yet you claim humans are natural omnivores? interesting... I wonder if other omnivores have empathy for it's prey?
One person's reaction proves we are not omnivores? You call that reasoning?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
16-12-2012, 04:56 PM
(16-12-2012 04:38 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  

Fuck our species.
Dude, you are entitled to your opinion. Until you post some evidence to at least back up your claim or until you elaborate within reason why you think that way we are just gonna go round in circles. You say your a smart guy then compile a decent arguement to back up yourself please.

Just because im against animal cruelty is no way evidence to suggest that we are not natural omnivores. It upsets me yes, yet I have killed my own food before so I know what its like and If I was out in the wild I would only kill what I needed. I wouldnt subject animals to cruel conditions like some of our species does, Id treat it with respect.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 2 users Like bemore's post
16-12-2012, 04:58 PM
(16-12-2012 04:47 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 04:45 PM)Vera Wrote:  
Are we on 4chan or in a discussion? My question remains unanswered.
You call this a discussion? I call it harping on the same string, over and over again.

And empathy has nothing to do with our digestive systems.

[+] 4 users Like Vera's post
16-12-2012, 05:10 PM
(16-12-2012 03:46 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 03:43 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  But then, I also think it is a sad state of affairs that we waste our time with this issue when we cannot even take care of our own species.
Relieving suffering is never a waste of time. We can do both, it doesn't have to be one or the other. Especially when we are the reason for this suffering to begin with.
It has to be either or in this case. Mass production will result in the lack of proper treatment of animals, but it is a necessity to keep the world fed. I personally find first world nations to be deplorable when it comes to this debate, and I meant what I said when I stated that this is purely a first world issue. It is a waste of time, and it will be until we are able to feed the several billion who cannot even afford to eat.

I would not rely on Bemore's video though. While it claims to be the industry standard, I can find a video produced by the other extremity of this argument that says otherwise. I reserve judgement pertaining to the supposed widespread abuse of livestock.

What irks me most about fools who become vegetarian or vegan is that many of them are the same pretentious fucks that argue against GMOs.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
16-12-2012, 05:13 PM
Animal Consciousness and Meat
I'm conscious that I could go for a polish dog with mustard, ketchup, relish, and onions right now.

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
16-12-2012, 05:16 PM
(16-12-2012 05:10 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It has to be either or in this case. Mass production will result in the lack of proper treatment of animals, but it is a necessity to keep the world fed. I personally find first world nations to be deplorable when it comes to this debate, and I meant what I said when I stated that this is purely a first world issue. It is a waste of time, and it will be until we are able to feed the several billion who cannot even afford to eat.

I would not rely on Bemore's video though. While it claims to be the industry standard, I can find a video produced by the other extremity of this argument that says otherwise. I reserve judgement pertaining to the supposed widespread abuse of livestock.

What irks me most about fools who become vegetarian or vegan is that many of them are the same pretentious fucks that argue against GMOs.
I didn't even watch the videos.

And the mass produced meat, the geese fattened in horrifying conditions so that their livers grow to be twice the normal size in order to make foie gras, the animals we kill so that some old cow can wear a fur coat - this has nothing to do with feeding the starving in the Third world. So it isn't an either/or situation.

I have friends who volunteer helping animals and others who tell them they are bad people for wasting time with animals and not helping orphans, for example. But that's not how it works.

And if we wait until we've fixed everything that's wrong in the world of people (not that it is separate from that of animals or the rest of nature), before we help those who are "not as important as people"... well, it's gonna be a long wait.