Animal Consciousness and Meat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2012, 05:22 PM
RE: Animal Consciousness and Meat
(16-12-2012 04:56 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 04:38 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  So watching standard procedure for processing meat makes you upset yet you claim humans are natural omnivores? interesting... I wonder if other omnivores have empathy for it's prey?
Dude, you are entitled to your opinion. Until you post some evidence to at least back up your claim or until you elaborate within reason why you think that way we are just gonna go round in circles. You say your a smart guy then compile a decent arguement to back up yourself please.

Just because im against animal cruelty is no way evidence to suggest that we are not natural omnivores. It upsets me yes, yet I have killed my own food before so I know what its like and If I was out in the wild I would only kill what I needed. I wouldnt subject animals to cruel conditions like some of our species does, Id treat it with respect.
It's not an argument or an opinion, it's a genuine question and I am curious as to what your answer is. Why do you think that is an argument? are you being defensive?. But what you did say seems a little off, I don't think there is a single animal that restricts food, an Omnivore is probably not going to worry about 'unnecessary violence'. But since you can kill your own animals you have proven to be more of an omnivore than most.

I couldn't lol- that's why I am a herbivore and you are omnivore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2012, 05:26 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2012 05:31 PM by Vosur.)
(16-12-2012 05:22 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I couldn't lol- that's why I am a herbivore and you are omnivore.
Your choice of diet does not influence the capabilities of your body. Since you are able to digest both plant and animal material, you are an omnivore. Your opinion has no influence on that.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
16-12-2012, 05:31 PM
(16-12-2012 05:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 05:22 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I couldn't lol- that's why I am a herbivore and you are omnivore.
Your choice of diet does not influence of the capabilities of your body. Since you are able to digest both plant and animal material, you are an omnivore. Your opinion has no influence on that.
If I ate unaltered meat for a month I would die, it's not an opinion. I can also digest poison and toxic materials in small doses and be fine, doesn't mean it's natural for me to do so.
16-12-2012, 05:33 PM
OMNIVORE=/=CARNIVORE
For fuck's sake, is it so difficult to grasp!

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
16-12-2012, 05:39 PM
(16-12-2012 05:31 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 05:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Your choice of diet does not influence of the capabilities of your body. Since you are able to digest both plant and animal material, you are an omnivore. Your opinion has no influence on that.
If I ate unaltered meat for a month I would die, it's not an opinion. I can also digest poison and toxic materials in small doses and be fine, doesn't mean it's natural for me to do so.
No, you wouldn't die. The Inuit do that year in and year out.
Our dentition, our digestive system, our biochemistry, and our evolutionary history show that we are omnivores.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-12-2012, 05:40 PM
(16-12-2012 05:33 PM)Vera Wrote:  OMNIVORE=/=CARNIVORE
Omnivore would be a dog, if a dog ate unaltered meat by itself it would be fine, conversely it can also eat some plant material only and also be fine- may not be optimally healthy, but it will be fine. If I ate meat by itself I would die very quickly. So no, we are not omnivores any more than poison being a natural food for us.
16-12-2012, 05:43 PM
(16-12-2012 05:40 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
Omnivore would be a dog, if a dog ate unaltered meat by itself it would be fine, conversely it can also eat some plant material only and also be fine- may not be optimally healthy, but it will be fine. If I ate meat by itself I would die very quickly. So no, we are not omnivores any more than poison being a natural food for us.
No, dogs are carnivores. Bears are omnivores, chimpanzees are omnivores, we are omnivores.

And, no, you would not die on a diet of raw meat for a month. Why do you think you would?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
16-12-2012, 05:44 PM
I think the rest of us are unnecessary here. You're only talking to yourself and more importantly - only listening to yourself.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
16-12-2012, 05:48 PM
(16-12-2012 05:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 05:31 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  If I ate unaltered meat for a month I would die, it's not an opinion. I can also digest poison and toxic materials in small doses and be fine, doesn't mean it's natural for me to do so.
No, you wouldn't die. The Inuit do that year in and year out.
Our dentition, our digestive system, our biochemistry, and our evolutionary history show that we are omnivores.
Actually studies have shown inuits or eskimos (the more politically correct term) that they do not eat much fish at all, from studies I have seen fish is consumed as a semi-luxury being ate 2-3 times a week, staples being store bought items and particularly rice. I read from source that they ate a small square of fish a week.

Source:

http://www.inspq.qc.ca/pdf/publications/...rition.pdf
16-12-2012, 05:49 PM
(16-12-2012 05:16 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 05:10 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  It has to be either or in this case. Mass production will result in the lack of proper treatment of animals, but it is a necessity to keep the world fed. I personally find first world nations to be deplorable when it comes to this debate, and I meant what I said when I stated that this is purely a first world issue. It is a waste of time, and it will be until we are able to feed the several billion who cannot even afford to eat.

I would not rely on Bemore's video though. While it claims to be the industry standard, I can find a video produced by the other extremity of this argument that says otherwise. I reserve judgement pertaining to the supposed widespread abuse of livestock.

What irks me most about fools who become vegetarian or vegan is that many of them are the same pretentious fucks that argue against GMOs.
I didn't even watch the videos.

And the mass produced meat, the geese fattened in horrifying conditions so that their livers grow to be twice the normal size in order to make foie gras, the animals we kill so that some old cow can wear a fur coat - this has nothing to do with feeding the starving in the Third world. So it isn't an either/or situation.

I have friends who volunteer helping animals and others who tell them they are bad people for wasting time with animals and not helping orphans, for example. But that's not how it works.

And if we wait until we've fixed everything that's wrong in the world of people (not that it is separate from that of animals or the rest of nature), before we help those who are "not as important as people"... well, it's gonna be a long wait.
It has everything to do with feeding the world. When food was produced in massive quantities, which is what many animal rights activists oppose, our population exploded.

No, it is not. But I also know people who believe that it is the priority to help other species, and not our own. We either continue to "abuse" other species in an effort to feed our own, or we don't and our population. Well, let's just say it will decline.

I disagree. The majority of people have already decided what they want. Fast food restaurants are using free range cattle for their products, I believe that is enough work invested in the well-being of our livestock until we can feed our own species.
(16-12-2012 05:40 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
I've eaten raw meat before. I didn't get sick, and it tasted pretty good.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]