Animal Consciousness and Meat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2012, 05:50 PM
RE: Animal Consciousness and Meat
(16-12-2012 05:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 05:40 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Omnivore would be a dog, if a dog ate unaltered meat by itself it would be fine, conversely it can also eat some plant material only and also be fine- may not be optimally healthy, but it will be fine. If I ate meat by itself I would die very quickly. So no, we are not omnivores any more than poison being a natural food for us.
No, dogs are carnivores. Bears are omnivores, chimpanzees are omnivores, we are omnivores.

And, no, you would not die on a diet of raw meat for a month. Why do you think you would?
Chimps eat meat as a staple? from what I have read 98% of an ape's diet comes from ruffage/fruit and 2% insects - with rare instances of eating other chimps to display tribal dominance.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2012, 05:57 PM
(16-12-2012 05:48 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 05:39 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, you wouldn't die. The Inuit do that year in and year out.
Our dentition, our digestive system, our biochemistry, and our evolutionary history show that we are omnivores.
Actually studies have shown inuits or eskimos (the more politically correct term) that they do not eat much fish at all, from studies I have seen fish is consumed as a semi-luxury being ate 2-3 times a week, staples being store bought items and particularly rice. I read from source that they ate a small square of fish a week.

Source:

http://www.inspq.qc.ca/pdf/publications/...rition.pdf
The Inuit (their preferred term) who live traditionally eat seal, whale, and caribou meat, not fish. Did you even read the document you referenced?

Inuit diet

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
16-12-2012, 06:06 PM
(16-12-2012 05:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 05:48 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Actually studies have shown inuits or eskimos (the more politically correct term) that they do not eat much fish at all, from studies I have seen fish is consumed as a semi-luxury being ate 2-3 times a week, staples being store bought items and particularly rice. I read from source that they ate a small square of fish a week.

Source:

http://www.inspq.qc.ca/pdf/publications/...rition.pdf
The Inuit (their preferred term) who live traditionally eat seal, whale, and caribou meat, not fish. Did you even read the document you referenced?

Inuit diet
Who the fuck really knows? I'm just showing a study claiming the opposite of what you claim- we can both find different studies saying opposite things. Eskimos are primitive, like those tribal people in Africa, eating meat is seen as something tribal as the more meat you eat the stronger, wiser, better you become - voodoo stuff, so if you ask a tribesman how much meat he eats, of course he is going to lie haha- since how much meat you eat is seen as something as self worth. It would make every 15 year old nerd a regular gigolo, as long as we don't analyse properly.

I'm going to say they don't eat raw meat- the stuff that makes them stronger, bigger, wiser and more desirable according to their belief system as often as they claim - call me crazy, but I have doubts.
16-12-2012, 06:08 PM
(16-12-2012 06:06 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 05:57 PM)Chas Wrote:  The Inuit (their preferred term) who live traditionally eat seal, whale, and caribou meat, not fish. Did you even read the document you referenced?

Inuit diet
Who the fuck really knows? I'm just showing a study claiming the opposite of what you claim- we can both find different studies saying opposite things. Eskimos are primitive, like those tribal people in Africa, eating meat is seen as something tribal as the more meat you eat the stronger, wiser, better you become - voodoo stuff, so if you ask a tribesman how much meat he eats, of course he is going to lie haha- since how much meat you eat is seen as something as self worth. It would make every 15 year old nerd a regular gigolo, as long as we don't analyse properly.

I'm going to say they don't eat raw meat- the stuff that makes them stronger, bigger, wiser and more desirable according to their belief system as often as they claim - call me crazy, but I have doubts.

I call you delusional. Instead of looking at evidence, you have a fixed set of ideas that evidence and reason cannot penetrate.

16-12-2012, 06:12 PM
(16-12-2012 06:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 06:06 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Who the fuck really knows? I'm just showing a study claiming the opposite of what you claim- we can both find different studies saying opposite things. Eskimos are primitive, like those tribal people in Africa, eating meat is seen as something tribal as the more meat you eat the stronger, wiser, better you become - voodoo stuff, so if you ask a tribesman how much meat he eats, of course he is going to lie haha- since how much meat you eat is seen as something as self worth. It would make every 15 year old nerd a regular gigolo, as long as we don't analyse properly.

I call you delusional. Instead of looking at evidence, you have a fixed set of ideas that evidence and reason cannot penetrate.
Okay, I make $1,000,000 a year, have a supermodel girlfriend and learned to drive when I was 11.

You know, as long as we are basing evidence and reality on purely what people say- from which they have literal motivation to lie about; I am making a compelling and reasonable case.
16-12-2012, 06:15 PM
[Image: 2796952a-99d4-4e4a-82a5-018af953c053.jpg]

/thread

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
16-12-2012, 06:21 PM
(16-12-2012 06:12 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 06:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  I call you delusional. Instead of looking at evidence, you have a fixed set of ideas that evidence and reason cannot penetrate.
Okay, I make $1,000,000 a year, have a supermodel girlfriend and learned to drive when I was 11.

You know, as long as we are basing evidence and reality on purely what people say- from which they have literal motivation to lie about; I am making a compelling and reasonable case.
So far, no one here has found your argument compelling.

16-12-2012, 06:23 PM
(16-12-2012 05:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 05:40 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Omnivore would be a dog, if a dog ate unaltered meat by itself it would be fine, conversely it can also eat some plant material only and also be fine- may not be optimally healthy, but it will be fine. If I ate meat by itself I would die very quickly. So no, we are not omnivores any more than poison being a natural food for us.
No, dogs are carnivores. Bears are omnivores, chimpanzees are omnivores, we are omnivores.

And, no, you would not die on a diet of raw meat for a month. Why do you think you would?
Dogs are carnivores? this is bullshit, because according to your definitions, any amount of plant material that a dog eats would make it omnivore- My dawg loves eating dates, and dog biscuits AS A STAPLE. But a chimp eating 2% of calories from insects makes him an omnivore, full stop, no discussion.

Can you see the biased nature of your argument? I mean, it only takes a moments thought for everything you say to fall flat. And you moderate discussions?
16-12-2012, 06:26 PM
(16-12-2012 06:23 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 05:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, dogs are carnivores. Bears are omnivores, chimpanzees are omnivores, we are omnivores.

Dogs are carnivores? this is bullshit, because according to your definitions, any amount of plant material that a dog eats would make it omnivore- My dawg loves eating dates, and dog biscuits AS A STAPLE. But a chimp eating 2% of calories from insects makes him an omnivore, full stop, no discussion.

Can you see the biased nature of your argument? I mean, it only takes a moments thought for everything you say to fall flat. And you moderate discussions?
Dogs are wolves - they are carnivores. Humans choose to feed them a mixed diet.

Chimpanzees hunt and kill and eat monkeys.

16-12-2012, 06:27 PM
(16-12-2012 06:23 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 05:43 PM)Chas Wrote:  No, dogs are carnivores. Bears are omnivores, chimpanzees are omnivores, we are omnivores.

Nobody moderates discussions here. Otherwise your nonsense would have been gone long ago. We all get to say what we want, even complete idiots like yourself.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post