Animal Consciousness and Meat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-12-2012, 06:27 PM
RE: Animal Consciousness and Meat
(16-12-2012 06:21 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 06:12 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Okay, I make $1,000,000 a year, have a supermodel girlfriend and learned to drive when I was 11.

You know, as long as we are basing evidence and reality on purely what people say- from which they have literal motivation to lie about; I am making a compelling and reasonable case.
So far, no one here has found your argument compelling.
Being reasonable and intelligent is a path of isolation, I don't expect to be popular in most of what I do- but that's what happens when you are honest.

And honestly, I have outshined everyone on this forum by any objective measure.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-12-2012, 06:27 PM
(16-12-2012 05:22 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I couldn't lol- that's why I am a herbivore and you are omnivore.
Let me translate that to how I see it.

"I couldnt lol - thats why I am vegan/vegatarian and you are not"

You dont wish to eat meat for whatever reason FZU. Great, thats your choice. However just because its your choice doesnt mean that your lifestyle reflects how the rest of the world operates dude.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
16-12-2012, 06:29 PM
(16-12-2012 06:26 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 06:23 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Dogs are carnivores? this is bullshit, because according to your definitions, any amount of plant material that a dog eats would make it omnivore- My dawg loves eating dates, and dog biscuits AS A STAPLE. But a chimp eating 2% of calories from insects makes him an omnivore, full stop, no discussion.

Can you see the biased nature of your argument? I mean, it only takes a moments thought for everything you say to fall flat. And you moderate discussions?
Dogs are wolves - they are carnivores. Humans choose to feed them a mixed diet.

Chimpanzees hunt and kill and eat monkeys.
But they can eat plant material so that makes them omnivores by definition (wouldn't you say this about humans and meat?.)
16-12-2012, 06:30 PM
(16-12-2012 06:27 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 05:22 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I couldn't lol- that's why I am a herbivore and you are omnivore.
Let me translate that to how I see it.

"I couldnt lol - thats why I am vegan/vegatarian and you are not"

You dont wish to eat meat for whatever reason FZU. Great, thats your choice. However just because its your choice doesnt mean that your lifestyle reflects how the rest of the world operates dude.
I became vegan because it is a superior diet, and it is what humans should be eating. I didn't become vegan just to troll people someday on a forum.
16-12-2012, 06:36 PM
(16-12-2012 06:27 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  And honestly, I have outshined everyone on this forum by any objective measure.
(16-12-2012 06:30 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I became vegan because it is a superior diet, and it is what humans should be eating.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Vosur's post
16-12-2012, 06:45 PM
(16-12-2012 06:30 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I became vegan because it is a superior diet, and it is what humans should be eating. I didn't become vegan just to troll people someday on a forum.
Dude.... you are of the opinion your diet is superior.... thats great, im really pleased for you.

Lets agree to disagree caus you are not willing or are unable to comprehend where anybody else is coming from. So we will forever be going round in circles.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
16-12-2012, 06:52 PM
(16-12-2012 06:45 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(16-12-2012 06:30 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I became vegan because it is a superior diet, and it is what humans should be eating. I didn't become vegan just to troll people someday on a forum.
Dude.... you are of the opinion your diet is superior.... thats great, im really pleased for you.

Lets agree to disagree caus you are not willing or are unable to comprehend where anybody else is coming from. So we will forever be going round in circles.
Yeah, because it's wrong lol. I comprehend what people are saying and what their motivations are, it's just logically wrong. If people make a good case I would entertain the discussion more, but when people are flat out wrong I can't go any further.

And what do you mean 'let's agree to disagree' I had to ignore your hate/insult messages you sent me because you didn't like that I returned the favour when you -repped me.
16-12-2012, 07:05 PM (This post was last modified: 16-12-2012 07:08 PM by bemore.)
(16-12-2012 06:52 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Yeah, because it's wrong lol. I comprehend what people are saying and what their motivations are, it's just logically wrong. If people make a good case I would entertain the discussion more, but when people are flat out wrong I can't go any further.

And what do you mean 'let's agree to disagree' I had to ignore your hate/insult messages you sent me because you didn't like that I returned the favour when you -repped me.
Ok dude. You asked for it..... get ready. You sitting down bro?

Quote:The key category in the discussion of human diet is omnivores, which are defined as generalized feeders, with neither carnivore nor herbivore specializations for acquiring or processing food, and who are capable of consuming and do consume both animal protein and vegetation. They are basically *opportunistic* feeders (survive by eating what is available) with more generalized anatomical and physiological traits, especially the dentition (teeth). All the available evidence indicates that the natural human diet is omnivorous and would include meat. We are not, however, required to consume animal protein. We have a choice.

Quote:There are very few frugivores amongst the mammals in general, and primates in particular. The only apes that are predominantly fruit eaters (gibbons and siamangs) are atypical for apes in many behavioral and ecological respects and eat substantial amounts of vegetation. Orangutans are similar, with no observations in the wild of eating meat.

Gorillas are more typically vegetarian, with less emphasis on fruit. Several years ago a very elegant study was done on the relationship between body size and diet in primates (and some other mammal groups). The only primates on the list with pure diets were the very small species (which are entirely insectivorous) and the largest (which specialize in vegetarian diet). However, the spectrum of dietary preferences reflect the daily food intake needs of each body size and the relative availability of food resources in a tropical forest. Our closest relatives among the apes are the chimpanzees (i.e., anatomically, behaviorally, genetically, and evolutionarily), who frequently kill and eat other mammals (including other primates).

Quote:As far back as it can be traced, clearly the archeological record indicates an omnivorous diet for humans that included meat. Our ancestry is among the hunter/gatherers from the beginning. Once domestication of food sources began, it included both animals and plants.

Quote:Humans are classic examples of omnivores in all relevant anatomical traits. There is no basis in anatomy or physiology for the assumption that humans are pre-adapted to the vegetarian diet. For that reason, the best arguments in support of a meat-free diet remain ecological, ethical, and health concerns.

[Dr. McArdle is a vegetarian and currently Scientific Advisor to The American Anti-Vivisection Society. He is an anatomist and a primatologist.]

And there is loads more here.....

http://www.vrg.org/nutshell/omni.htm

.... and its a vegetarian website.

And yes I sent you a PM that said one word that was "Mongol" because of the way you repped me. So what? What has that got to do with anything? If you want to use that as an excuse to deviate away from the subject at hand..... then fill ya boots.

So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post
16-12-2012, 07:13 PM
Haha, you mentioned the rep thing, and I just noticed I finally got my neg rep from Fuzzy!

I gotta say, I was feeling a bit left out there for a while.

Not sure what the comment means, but I'll wear it with pride anyways! Thumbsup

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
16-12-2012, 11:24 PM
Alright, this is just getting old. FZU, stop being a child and neg repping everyone that criticizes you. So what if you have a better life than most people. That's like saying white people are better than black people because you have a better life, it does not follow.

Humans are omnivores, they can consume both meat and plant material. Frankly, no one gives a shit that Vegans are healthier than no vegans because that's not the debate topic. If you can't handle the fact that you are wrong, Gtfo.

[Image: 0013382F-E507-48AE-906B-53008666631C-757...cc3639.jpg]
Credit goes to UndercoverAtheist.