Animal Consciousness and Meat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-12-2012, 02:15 PM (This post was last modified: 17-12-2012 02:19 PM by FZUMedia.)
RE: Animal Consciousness and Meat
(17-12-2012 03:18 AM)bemore Wrote:  On a forum, where everybody is welcome no matter what their views, who has a theist as a moderator.... you wonder why we neg rep you?

Of course.... its because we are all at fault and its nothing to do with you.

You live in a bubble FZU. Your young though so I really hope one day for your sake you learn to appreciate other peoples views. After all they broaden our own understanding of life.

EDIT: Look around, how many other people are in negative rep territory?
The best thing I can give people is honesty, what is a higher virtue than being truthful with people?

I don't mind being negative repped, I am universally disliked in almost all communities- which shows I am doing something right, if you don't have people that hate you, then you are not standing for anything important, no amount of squealing insults deters me. In fact, the person that insults and gets aggressive first is the person that loses the debate, so all it does to me is confirm my victory also- narrows down the list of people that are actually peaceful.

As mom says 'bullies call you what they think of themself'
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-12-2012, 04:16 PM
(17-12-2012 02:15 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 03:18 AM)bemore Wrote:  On a forum, where everybody is welcome no matter what their views, who has a theist as a moderator.... you wonder why we neg rep you?

Of course.... its because we are all at fault and its nothing to do with you.

You live in a bubble FZU. Your young though so I really hope one day for your sake you learn to appreciate other peoples views. After all they broaden our own understanding of life.

EDIT: Look around, how many other people are in negative rep territory?
The best thing I can give people is honesty, what is a higher virtue than being truthful with people?

I don't mind being negative repped, I am universally disliked in almost all communities- which shows I am doing something right, if you don't have people that hate you, then you are not standing for anything important, no amount of squealing insults deters me. In fact, the person that insults and gets aggressive first is the person that loses the debate, so all it does to me is confirm my victory also- narrows down the list of people that are actually peaceful.

Tell me, do you think sexism and racism are right?

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 1 user Likes Logica Humano's post
17-12-2012, 04:20 PM
(17-12-2012 02:15 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I don't mind being negative repped, I am universally disliked in almost all communities- which shows I am doing something right, if you don't have people that hate you, then you are not standing for anything important, no amount of squealing insults deters me.

No. If there are people who disagree with you, you may be doing something right.
If it is universal dislike, you are doing things wrong.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
17-12-2012, 05:03 PM
(17-12-2012 04:16 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 02:15 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  The best thing I can give people is honesty, what is a higher virtue than being truthful with people?

Tell me, do you think sexism and racism are right?
No, of course not. As it stands Africa is having major issues, most importantly civil wars and general violence. African Americans were also brought to this country by slavery, I'm on there side, I think it's terrible and it is such a tragedy that the huge resources and human potential in some of Africa's poorest nations are paralysed by violence. Aliko Dangote is actually one of my idols for prospering and innovating commodities in Africa.

Sexism? When did I speak about that? If you are talking about men and women being equal well, they aren't the same- men and women are different entities with positives and weaknesses that compliment each other as nature intended, and I'm not just speaking about naughty bits. Male and female personalities get along very well, they're just not the same.
17-12-2012, 05:08 PM
(17-12-2012 04:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 02:15 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I don't mind being negative repped, I am universally disliked in almost all communities- which shows I am doing something right, if you don't have people that hate you, then you are not standing for anything important, no amount of squealing insults deters me.

No. If there are people who disagree with you, you may be doing something right.

Example: Chas---> known for being terse and deadly and sometime a bit grumpy, but makes good points and is willing to see both sides of an argument; has positive rep.

Fzumedia----> known for ignoring or misrepresenting arguments. Grumpy, but lacks the cunning to be terse and deadly; has negative rep.

Xino----> random poster, tries to avoid confrontation (unless its autism); has moderate positive rep.

Just adding to what chas said.

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

You cannot successfully determine beforehand which side of the bread to butter.
17-12-2012, 05:24 PM
(17-12-2012 05:08 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  
(17-12-2012 04:20 PM)Chas Wrote:  No. If there are people who disagree with you, you may be doing something right.

Example: Chas---> known for being terse and deadly and sometime a bit grumpy, but makes good points and is willing to see both sides of an argument; has positive rep.

Fzumedia----> known for ignoring or misrepresenting arguments. Grumpy, but lacks the cunning to be terse and deadly; has negative rep.

Xino----> random poster, tries to avoid confrontation (unless its autism); has moderate positive rep.

Just adding to what chas said.

I lean towards making arguments where I don't need to be an expert on every topic and know every study and chart ready for reference- I can do the job just as effectively with basic logic to simplify issues. I've tried being the research hound before in my debating career, and it is more stressful than what the rewards are.

How someone arguing a similar position would make a case: "Here is, x, y, z research showing why having no minimum wage or lower minimum wage would be better for the economy".

How I argue: "If I want to work in a factory for $5 an hour, why are you stopping me?".

Although sometimes research and quoted data is necessary, It's just important to establish fundamentals and morality before going into any conversation with someone.
17-12-2012, 05:26 PM
^because I want you to work for$2/hr?

When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.

17-12-2012, 05:28 PM
(17-12-2012 05:26 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  ^because I want you to work for$2/hr?
It's not about what you want, you're just a stranger. But assuming you are the employer, I would go to another employer offering higher terms if my negotiations for a higher pay fails.
17-12-2012, 05:32 PM
ahhhh so you would quit your old job and hope that someone else would pick you up.

17-12-2012, 05:40 PM
(17-12-2012 05:32 PM)Xinoftruden Wrote:  ahhhh so you would quit your old job and hope that someone else would pick you up.
Well, no- it's just a scenario: there are many competing businesses to get quality employees in the free market, you couldn't have a $2 worker even if you wanted to- Which is what you should be able to do, if you think having $2 workers is good for business then you should go ahead- could be successful, could be a complete a failure, that's for the market to decide but either way I don't think anyone should stop you.