Animal Consciousness and Meat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
20-12-2012, 06:27 AM
RE: Animal Consciousness and Meat
Well, this thread got a big boost during my short time away.

Great... more reading...

A single action is worth more than the words it takes to describe it.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
20-12-2012, 09:30 AM
(19-12-2012 03:56 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(19-12-2012 01:37 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  That is your moral conviction. Others would argue that it is the moral thing to, for instance, destroy an entire nation of people because it is in the best interest of the majority. The preservation of the collective.

I am not surprised that morality has a subjective definition in the dictionary because it is subjective.

Yes, there are. The very fact that you believe something to be "good" and I believe that it is "bad" is demonstrable proof of that.
I don't believe it is good, it is good by definition. If you believe what I am is wrong then you are evil.

In your unsubstantiated opinion, so to you, I may be evil, yes. It is your belief.

Quote:good
/go͝od/
Noun
That which is morally right; righteousness.

Morality is subjective.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
20-12-2012, 11:00 AM
I dont have any problems eating meat of conscious animals. I dont have much problems eating people either, but usually i dont do it, because they can be used for better purposes like engineering, teaching kids, driving cars...

What about you - do you eat people and why/why not? In case if you have problem with their consciousness than you should kill them first and eat them later. Once they re dead, they re not conscious, only tasty Thumbsup

Trolls are holy race. Eduard Khil is our god.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1PBptSDIh8
21-12-2012, 01:50 AM
I believe I have grown out of meat and am able to sustain my body in ways that aren't depending on the industry of killing things.

There is nothing "natural" about a species that multiplies beyond its ability to sustain its numbers, so there is nothing rational about persisting with the old habit of breeding cattle, because getting meat off a cow sacrifices resources that could have been a thousand times more beneficial to the millions who starve.

I draw the line where it gets uncomfortable for the gluttons who like things that taste "good" which is relative... After a year of not eating meat, to me it started to smell like feces and blood. That's how I evolved, which doesn't please the economy because I spend less money at the grocery store or restaurants.
21-12-2012, 07:42 AM
(21-12-2012 01:50 AM)Thanh Wrote:  I believe I have grown out of meat and am able to sustain my body in ways that aren't depending on the industry of killing things.

There is nothing "natural" about a species that multiplies beyond its ability to sustain its numbers, so there is nothing rational about persisting with the old habit of breeding cattle, because getting meat off a cow sacrifices resources that could have been a thousand times more beneficial to the millions who starve.

I draw the line where it gets uncomfortable for the gluttons who like things that taste "good" which is relative... After a year of not eating meat, to me it started to smell like feces and blood. That's how I evolved, which doesn't please the economy because I spend less money at the grocery store or restaurants.

It is perfectly natural, and common, for species to multiply beyond the capacity of the environment to sustain them. Most species go through boom and bust cycles.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
21-12-2012, 08:29 AM
(21-12-2012 01:50 AM)Thanh Wrote:  I believe I have grown out of meat and am able to sustain my body in ways that aren't depending on the industry of killing things.

What do you think happens to crops when we harvest them?

(21-12-2012 01:50 AM)Thanh Wrote:  There is nothing "natural" about a species that multiplies beyond its ability to sustain its numbers, so there is nothing rational about persisting with the old habit of breeding cattle, because getting meat off a cow sacrifices resources that could have been a thousand times more beneficial to the millions who starve.

It is entirely natural, but if that is all your argument relies on, you are in for a disgustingly brutal surprise if you watch any documentary on Animal Planet.

(21-12-2012 01:50 AM)Thanh Wrote:  I draw the line where it gets uncomfortable for the gluttons who like things that taste "good" which is relative... After a year of not eating meat, to me it started to smell like feces and blood. That's how I evolved, which doesn't please the economy because I spend less money at the grocery store or restaurants.

Thank you for demonstrating the psychological connotation you associate with meat because of your vegetarian life-style choice.

So far, you have not made any valid points. Try again.

[Image: 4833fa13.jpg]
Poonjab
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
21-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Eating meat is not natural for us, being disgusted at the smell/taste of meat is normal- babies don't grow up with a desire for meat.
[+] 1 user Likes FZUMedia's post
21-12-2012, 05:49 PM
(21-12-2012 05:44 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Eating meat is not natural for us, being disgusted at the smell/taste of meat is normal- babies don't grow up with a desire for meat.

More unsupported bullshit claims. Dodgy

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 5 users Like Chas's post
21-12-2012, 10:50 PM
(21-12-2012 05:44 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Eating meat is not natural for us, being disgusted at the smell/taste of meat is normal- babies don't grow up with a desire for meat.
I will take this as proof positive that you're just trolling.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes NoahsFarce's post
22-12-2012, 06:12 AM
(21-12-2012 05:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  

More unsupported bullshit claims. Dodgy
But even of this was true-so what? Children grow up with natural fear of height, this was tested with 3 months old babies. Is working on the roof of the high building therefore immoral?

Trolls are holy race. Eduard Khil is our god.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1PBptSDIh8
[+] 3 users Like Troll's post