Animal Consciousness and Meat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
25-12-2012, 08:35 PM
RE: Animal Consciousness and Meat
(25-12-2012 08:22 PM)amyb Wrote:  As for tribal people, he wasn't going by what he said, he was going by what his observed them eating, since he was there to study them. But that's not my point. My point is that a lot of people eat meat in moderation and are not overweight. This is also true in the US.

Yes, the country has gotten heavier, but I'd be quicker to attribute it to being more sedentary and eating larger portions than to say everybody should stop eating all meat. Actually, I'd be quicker to blame high calorie drinks than meat. As for Asian countries, look at what they're drinking. Plain oolong tea doesn't have calories (negligible amount, if any), but many Americans wash down their meals with a large Coke with 300 calories or so and no nutritional value, and then sip on cokes all day. Yes, nutrition plays a role in health, but I just don't think the issue is meat vs. no meat.
Right, but I don't eat in moderation, I do the exact opposite- I eat as much as I care for, unlimited calories- and I have a healthy body fat %, good blood tests- good health all round. If you tried this with standard foods, high fat/salt/meat you would definitely, definitely look completely different to me. I copied my diet from a vegan ultra marathon runner. If it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me lol.

I don't understand why people hate on calories, all a calorie is is a measurement of energy- it doesn't get converted to fat- nor does sugar. Fat makes you fat, salt puts on water retention that looks like fat. Cokes are good in the sense that they have high glucose (refined sugar unfortunately) but glucose is glucose- I wouldn't drink it of course, i'll stick with teas/water for my beverages like the Chinese you mentioned, but it's not as bad as people think. Most people are noobs when it comes to this stuff, see what professional athletes say about diet, I just copy them since the proof is in the pudding.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
25-12-2012, 09:24 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2012 09:37 PM by cheapthrillseaker.)
(25-12-2012 08:35 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I don't understand why people hate on calories, all a calorie is is a measurement of energy- it doesn't get converted to fat- nor does sugar. Fat makes you fat, salt puts on water retention that looks like fat. Cokes are good in the sense that they have high glucose (refined sugar unfortunately) but glucose is glucose- I wouldn't drink it of course, i'll stick with teas/water for my beverages like the Chinese you mentioned, but it's not as bad as people think. Most people are noobs when it comes to this stuff, see what professional athletes say about diet, I just copy them since the proof is in the pudding.

Could you provide sources to your claim that calories don't get converted to fat?

While you do that, this is what I found:
Quote: "The scientific explanation about the weight gain of the fat mass is
based on the belief that unused calories are stored in the body as fat
mass in fat tissues for later use. "

Source #1

[Image: Untitled.png?9d7bd4]

Source #2

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 4 users Like cheapthrillseaker's post
25-12-2012, 09:36 PM
(25-12-2012 08:35 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I don't understand why people hate on calories, all a calorie is is a measurement of energy- it doesn't get converted to fat- nor does sugar. Fat makes you fat, salt puts on water retention that looks like fat. Cokes are good in the sense that they have high glucose (refined sugar unfortunately) but glucose is glucose- I wouldn't drink it of course, i'll stick with teas/water for my beverages like the Chinese you mentioned, but it's not as bad as people think. Most people are noobs when it comes to this stuff, see what professional athletes say about diet, I just copy them since the proof is in the pudding.
Source? If you seriously think number of calories doesn't matter, I suggest you get checked for parasites, because it's possible to get fat by eating a lot of calories and not burning them. Alternatively, your body may be having a hard time digesting so much plant matter, so maybe you just shit it out.

You copy pro athletes, yet you don't exercise? The reason pro athletes are lean and in good health is because they exercise A LOT. It's kind of their job to do so.

I may not be an expert in nutrition, but pretty much everything you said disagrees with anything I've ever heard a nutritionist say. The general consensus seems to be that excess calories taken in and not burned off are stored as fat.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-12-2012, 10:15 PM
(25-12-2012 09:36 PM)amyb Wrote:  
Source? If you seriously think number of calories doesn't matter, I suggest you get checked for parasites, because it's possible to get fat by eating a lot of calories and not burning them. Alternatively, your body may be having a hard time digesting so much plant matter, so maybe you just shit it out.

You copy pro athletes, yet you don't exercise? The reason pro athletes are lean and in good health is because they exercise A LOT. It's kind of their job to do so.

I may not be an expert in nutrition, but pretty much everything you said disagrees with anything I've ever heard a nutritionist say. The general consensus seems to be that excess calories taken in and not burned off are stored as fat.
Yeah, I thought the same too 'so my nutritionists are wrong?' pretty much- you see government advice is always wrong, be it in finances, health or morality- the government doesn't give a shit about your health. Many 'nutritionists' are overweight and have issues themself, so I wouldn't listen to them- listen to those that actually produce the results, not just the theory. In that case, these people know wtf they are talking about- not like overweight Dr. Atkins, died from a heart attack 'nutritionists'.

I also read in an interview than Yohan blake and Usain Bolt eats at least 15 bananas a day, with fruit as the staple, so it's not really fringe.
25-12-2012, 10:16 PM
(25-12-2012 09:24 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  

Could you provide sources to your claim that calories don't get converted to fat?

Quote: "The scientific explanation about the weight gain of the fat mass is
based on the belief that unused calories are stored in the body as fat
mass in fat tissues for later use. "

Source #1

Source #2
That's just a theory, me and everyone else on high carb vegan diet are tangible proof that it's not correct.
25-12-2012, 10:23 PM
Lol, all nutritionists work for the government?

You're a hoot, you know that?

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
25-12-2012, 10:32 PM
(25-12-2012 10:23 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  Lol, all nutritionists work for the government?

You're a hoot, you know that?
Didn't say that. I was speaking of nutritionists in the general sense, in Europe almost all are public sector. Besides, wtf has this got to do with anything?
25-12-2012, 10:32 PM (This post was last modified: 25-12-2012 10:38 PM by cheapthrillseaker.)
(25-12-2012 10:16 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(25-12-2012 09:24 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  Could you provide sources to your claim that calories don't get converted to fat?

Source #1

Source #2
That's just a theory, me and everyone else on high carb vegan diet are tangible proof that it's not correct.
So you're saying you're citing yourself as a source by saying through your own personal experience of being on a high carb vegan diet, that calories don't get converted into fat and that it's is just a theory, even though the scientific evidence proves you wrong?

Seems to me as though you're just giving your opinion by using words such as 'me', and confusing opinions with what you perceive as facts. Consider

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
25-12-2012, 10:42 PM
(25-12-2012 10:32 PM)cheapthrillseaker Wrote:  
(25-12-2012 10:16 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  That's just a theory, me and everyone else on high carb vegan diet are tangible proof that it's not correct.
So you're saying you're citing yourself as a source by saying through your own personal experience of being on a high carb vegan diet, that calories don't get converted into fat, and that it's is just a theory?

Seems to me as though you're just giving your opinion by using words such as 'me', and confusing opinions with what you perceive as facts. Consider
How can a literal physical reaction (or in this case non reaction) be an opinion?.

I don't know what to say to prove it? seriously - what can I do? I have some pictures here of when I wasn't eating like this if you want:

[Image: 264442_1592679555763_3289953_n.jpg]
[Image: 165851_2863232598795_690195965_n.jpg]

What else can I do? I don't know how to get through to you people- is literal picture evidence not enough? haha. If you want to read up about it check out The China Study, great book.
25-12-2012, 10:50 PM
Theres this thing called scientific evidence. You know those words right?. Find some that proves your point. Try using google or any search engine will do for a start.

We keep telling you. Just because something is your opinion DOES NOT make it a fact. You still don't seem to grasp that they aren't the same thing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lab cultured meat - ethical questions unsapien 30 1,110 17-08-2013 10:46 AM
Last Post: unsapien
  How to explain consciousness in a natual way abateamwork 13 793 12-05-2013 11:10 AM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  Is self-consciousness hereditary? TheSelfishGene 16 1,157 29-02-2012 08:26 PM
Last Post: craniumonempty
  Animal/Insect/Plant Consciousness. bemore 19 1,560 25-02-2012 07:38 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  Universal Consciousness Lightpanther 1 505 25-06-2011 07:33 PM
Last Post: Lilith Pride