Animal Consciousness and Meat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-12-2012, 11:30 AM
RE: Animal Consciousness and Meat
(26-12-2012 12:02 AM)amyb Wrote:  
(25-12-2012 11:24 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I'm fairly sedentry, and I have lost weight...
You're doing it again. You =/= everybody.

You haven't even provided indisputable evidence that the diet caused the weight loss for you, must less others. And you certainly haven't shown that excess calories cannot be converted to fat. Youtube videos are not evidence. Anybody can make a youtube video and say anything. Sure, some of the people are slim and healthy looking, but it's like home gym commercials: when they cast for those commercials, they hire people who are already slim and healthy looking to convince you to buy a product. Even if they aren't selling anything, it's still trying to say "I do this, and if you do this, you'll look like me!" It's not much better than those beer commercials telling you if you drink their beer, you'll be popular with all the chicks.

Quote: and that's why it's so easy to fall for 'persuasive pudding'. Not that I
hate pudding, chocolate is the best one out there in my opinion.
I prefer vanilla.
It's your loss. Good cheekbones make the world go around.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-01-2013, 07:46 PM
It's amazing to me the number of people who can condemn hitting or killing a human but have no problem with inflicting pain or death on non-human animals.

Yes, strict vegan here. Smile
05-01-2013, 08:10 PM
(05-01-2013 07:46 PM)Darwiniacat Wrote:  It's amazing to me the number of people who can condemn hitting or killing a human but have no problem with inflicting pain or death on non-human animals.

A bold statement. What, exactly, do you find amazing about it? That so many people (not even sure what "so many" would really mean here?) value human life above all others?

You have just begun reading the sentence you have just finished reading.
[+] 2 users Like Stark Raving's post
06-01-2013, 10:44 AM
(05-01-2013 07:46 PM)Darwiniacat Wrote:  It's amazing to me the number of people who can condemn hitting or killing a human but have no problem with inflicting pain or death on non-human animals.
Perhaps we should kill more people and everyone will get used to it. Where are the good old days when we were burning witches, killing everyone with different skin color and making wars just for fun.... Today the only thing we re doing is watching horror movies on TV. We really dont know how to have fun anymore.

Trolls are holy race. Eduard Khil is our god.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1PBptSDIh8
[+] 1 user Likes Troll's post
07-01-2013, 03:48 PM

I would never hit a cat (or even a dog, and I detest dogs). But a conspecific, yeah, why not? Anything is game in life. Sleepy
07-01-2013, 03:49 PM
(06-01-2013 10:44 AM)Troll Wrote:  
Perhaps we should kill more people and everyone will get used to it. Where are the good old days when we were burning witches, killing everyone with different skin color and making wars just for fun.... Today the only thing we re doing is watching horror movies on TV. We really dont know how to have fun anymore.
Anything goes morally. I think this is common knowledge.
08-01-2013, 05:36 AM
(07-01-2013 03:49 PM)namiloveyou Wrote:  
(06-01-2013 10:44 AM)Troll Wrote:  Perhaps we should kill more people and everyone will get used to it. Where are the good old days when we were burning witches, killing everyone with different skin color and making wars just for fun.... Today the only thing we re doing is watching horror movies on TV. We really dont know how to have fun anymore.
Anything goes morally. I think this is common knowledge.

You're still playing that worn out old card? Here I thought trolls were, for the most part, at least a little creative.

Honestly you and your... whatever you call what you're doing... remind me of stagnant water: you drink it and it leaves a dreadful taste in your mouth. Sometimes followed by profuse vomiting or the rearends equivilant of said. Though the aphormentioned vomiting is only metaphorical is the case.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
08-01-2013, 09:05 AM
you all claim to be subjectivists. kindly expound on what "true" subjectivism is.
08-01-2013, 09:07 AM
Hey, it's a sweeping generalisation! That is certianly refreshing to see, I don't see that every second day, thats for sure!
Nami, quote us all calling ourselves "subjectivists" or go back to learning how to count to 10.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
09-01-2013, 12:26 PM
You all cite morality to be subjective.

To me, this merely means that morals are subject to individual perception and mass societal agreement. Thus anything does go.