Animal Consciousness and Meat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2012, 01:07 PM
RE: Animal Consciousness and Meat
(09-12-2012 12:59 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 11:50 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Yes, what it tells me is that we can digest both meat and vegetable. Perhaps one is more easily digested than the other (although my Inuit friends would gladly demonstrate that an all meat diet is indeed a diet humans live on) but that doesn't change that we are omnivores.

I'm not trying to convince you to eat meat. I'm not saying a veg or vegan diet is unhealthy just because it omits meat. I'm not saying someone can't be perfectly healthy without ever having had meat touch their lips.

What I am saying, is that the evidence that we are omnivores is indisputable. We can digest both meat and vegetable. That is conclusive evidence that we are omnivores. Period.
Well you are wrong, since I have an optimal BMI and perfect results in my blood test, I haven't eaten meat and dairy in 6 or so years. So the doctors are wrong, some intern spilled coffee on the computer?

What's the Eskimo projected age? I haven't seen any Eskimo or all meat diet athletes either, have you?
Lmao! Nothing in your statement indicates that humans are not omnivorous.

I fear I may have mistakenly engaged a "less than intelligent individual"

My mistake. Apologies.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
09-12-2012, 01:09 PM
(09-12-2012 01:07 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 12:59 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Well you are wrong, since I have an optimal BMI and perfect results in my blood test, I haven't eaten meat and dairy in 6 or so years. So the doctors are wrong, some intern spilled coffee on the computer?

What's the Eskimo projected age? I haven't seen any Eskimo or all meat diet athletes either, have you?
Lmao! Nothing in your statement indicates that humans are not omnivorous.

My mistake. Apologies.
See who's laughing when you get heart failure.
09-12-2012, 01:13 PM
(09-12-2012 01:09 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 01:07 PM)Stark Raving Wrote:  Lmao! Nothing in your statement indicates that humans are not omnivorous.

My mistake. Apologies.
See who's laughing when you get heart failure.
Less than intelligent and nasty. Yikes. Looks like I stepped in a bees nest. Blush

I'll leave you to it then. Rolleyes

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
09-12-2012, 01:17 PM

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
09-12-2012, 01:21 PM
(09-12-2012 01:04 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 12:59 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Well you are wrong, since I have an optimal BMI and perfect results in my blood test, I haven't eaten meat and dairy in 6 or so years. So the doctors are wrong, some intern spilled coffee on the computer?

What's the Eskimo projected age? I haven't seen any Eskimo or all meat athletes either, have you?
I, I, I - since when are you the ultimate proof for anything? Geez.

And what if Stark also has an optimal BMI and perfect results (which is, what exactly? You aced them? Did you get grades?)

You're not doing vegetarians and vegans any favours by shoving your particular diet in our faces.
I mean, you don't have to take my word for it, do your own research. I can only speak from empirical evidence what has worked since there is so much disagreement in the nutritional community relative to medicine. The way BMI and blood tests work is by measuring the different elements of your blood to universally accepted healthy levels.

In what ways am I being 'in your face'? I'd like to know, since I try not to be.
09-12-2012, 01:23 PM
(09-12-2012 01:21 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 01:04 PM)Vera Wrote:  I, I, I - since when are you the ultimate proof for anything? Geez.

And what if Stark also has an optimal BMI and perfect results (which is, what exactly? You aced them? Did you get grades?)

You're not doing vegetarians and vegans any favours by shoving your particular diet in our faces.
I mean, you don't have to take my word for it, do your own research. I can only speak from empirical evidence what has worked. The way BMI and blood tests work is by measuring the different elements of your blood to universally accepted healthy levels.

In what ways am I being 'in your face'? I'd like to know, since I try not to be.
Have you compared somebody elses BMI (who eats meat) with your own BMI index?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
09-12-2012, 01:24 PM
(09-12-2012 01:09 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  See who's laughing when you get heart failure.

[Image: Willy-Wonka-Meme-Youre-vegan-tell-me-all...for-me.jpg]

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Vosur's post
09-12-2012, 01:25 PM
(09-12-2012 01:23 PM)bemore Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 01:21 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I mean, you don't have to take my word for it, do your own research. I can only speak from empirical evidence what has worked. The way BMI and blood tests work is by measuring the different elements of your blood to universally accepted healthy levels.

Have you compared somebody elses BMI (who eats meat) with your own BMI index?
Statistically they higher BMI than I do. In particular High Carb vegans (like myself), it's near impossible to get overweight since plant material has such low fat content.
09-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Animal Consciousness and Meat
This thread makes me conscious that I love meat.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
[+] 1 user Likes Erxomai's post
09-12-2012, 01:32 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2012 01:38 PM by Vera.)
(09-12-2012 01:21 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I mean, you don't have to take my word for it, do your own research. I can only speak from empirical evidence what has worked since there is so much disagreement in the nutritional community relative to medicine. The way BMI and blood tests work is by measuring the different elements of your blood to universally accepted healthy levels.

It has worked in you. One person is not proof of anything.

Well, what do you call claiming that someone who doesn't follow your particular choice of diet will get a heart attack, if not a claim that your diet is undeniably better than everyone else's? And the adamant refusal to accept that we are omnivores. No one was telling you not to be vegan, yet you insist on persuading us that we are herbivores and that all our diets are wrong/inferior.

The exact reason why I'm so wary of vegetarians and particularly of vegans. It's like they just have to tell everybody else what to eat and how horrible they are for eating meat. I'm not forcing you to eat meat, please don't force me to subsist on celery and roughage.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."