Animal Consciousness and Meat

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-12-2012, 01:37 PM
RE: Animal Consciousness and Meat
So, are you going to make an argument supporting your claim that humans are not omnivores anytime soon, FZUMedia? Consider

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vosur's post
09-12-2012, 01:39 PM
(09-12-2012 01:37 PM)Vosur Wrote:  So, are you going to make an argument supporting your claim that humans are not omnivores anytime soon, FZUMedia? Consider
Good thing we both shave our heads Vos. It hurts pulling your hair out.

[Image: StarkLord01.gif]
09-12-2012, 01:42 PM
(09-12-2012 01:32 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 01:21 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I mean, you don't have to take my word for it, do your own research. I can only speak from empirical evidence what has worked since there is so much disagreement in the nutritional community relative to medicine. The way BMI and blood tests work is by measuring the different elements of your blood to universally accepted healthy levels.

In what ways am I being 'in your face'? I'd like to know, since I try not to be.
It has worked in you. One person is not proof of anything.

Well, what do you call claiming that someone who doesn't follow your particular choice of diet will get a heart attack, if not a claim that your diet is undeniably better than everyone else's? And the adamant refusal to accept that we are omnivores. No one was telling you not to be vegan, yet you insist on persuading are that we are herbivores and that all our diets are wrong/inferior.

The exact reason why I'm so wary of vegetarians and particularly of vegans. It's like they just have to tell everybody else what to eat and how horrible they are for eating meat. I'm not forcing you to eat meat, please don't force me to subsist on celery and roughage.
Well, it is a related topic, so what do you want from me? We are not omnivores, since if we ate a standard omnivore diet we would die within a year since our digestion couldn't handle it. We are omnivore by technicality, yes. But we are obviously not like a dog- a true omnivore, I'm sure you can agree with me on that. Yeah I didn't make myself clear my bad.

If people don't eat natural foods they are at risk for many factors, primarily the body fat meat puts on you- which in turn increases chance of heart failure. You can eat what you want, you guys brought up this discussion, I chipped in- I'm just some guy on the internet after all.
09-12-2012, 01:51 PM
(09-12-2012 01:42 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Well, it is a related topic, so what do you want from me? We are not omnivores, since if we ate a standard omnivore diet we would die within a year since our digestion couldn't handle it. We are omnivore by technicality, yes. But we are obviously not like a dog- a true omnivore, I'm sure you can agree with me on that. Yeah I didn't make myself clear my bad.

If people don't eat natural foods they are at risk for many factors, primarily the body fat meat puts on you- which in turn increases chance of heart failure. You can eat what you want, you guys brought up this discussion, I chipped in- I'm just some guy on the internet after all.
Since when is meat unnatural food? Or is it supernatural?

"Omnivores often are opportunistic, general feeders with neither carnivore nor herbivore specializations for acquiring or processing food, and are capable of consuming and do consume both animal protein and vegetation."

"A herbivore is often defined as any organism that eats only plants."

Explain to me again how we are the latter and not the former.

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
09-12-2012, 01:55 PM
(09-12-2012 01:51 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 01:42 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Well, it is a related topic, so what do you want from me? We are not omnivores, since if we ate a standard omnivore diet we would die within a year since our digestion couldn't handle it. We are omnivore by technicality, yes. But we are obviously not like a dog- a true omnivore, I'm sure you can agree with me on that. Yeah I didn't make myself clear my bad.

Since when is meat unnatural food? Or is it supernatural?

"Omnivores often are opportunistic, general feeders with neither carnivore nor herbivore specializations for acquiring or processing food, and are capable of consuming and do consume both animal protein and vegetation."

Because I eat only plants and I am thriving, and have been doing so for many years. Whereas if you ate only raw meat you would die within a month.
09-12-2012, 02:02 PM
(09-12-2012 01:55 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 01:51 PM)Vera Wrote:  Since when is meat unnatural food? Or is it supernatural?

Because I eat only plants and I am thriving, and have been doing so for many years. Whereas if you ate only raw meat you would die within a month.
Please find a dictionary and check out the following:

1. Herbivore
2. Omnivore.
3. Carnivore
Then come again and try to persuade me using claims about how I cannot survive solely on meat.

And once again, you is not an argument. I happen to know quite a few folks well into their eighties, who have eaten meat all their lives and are perfectly healthy for their age. So what?

09-12-2012, 02:03 PM
(09-12-2012 01:55 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Because I eat only plants and I am thriving, and have been doing so for many years. Whereas if you ate only raw meat you would die within a month.
You seem to have a very hard time understanding what it means to be an omnivore. Humans are omnivorous because they are capable of eating and digesting food both from plant and animal origin. Whether or not they can survive eating only one of the two is completely irrelevant.

From Wikipedia:
"Humans are omnivorous, capable of consuming a wide variety of plant and animal material. Varying with available food sources in regions of habitation, and also varying with cultural and religious norms, human groups have adopted a range of diets, from purely vegetarian to primarily carnivorous. In some cases, dietary restrictions in humans can lead to deficiency diseases; however, stable human groups have adapted to many dietary patterns through both genetic specialization and cultural conventions to use nutritionally balanced food sources. The human diet is prominently reflected in human culture, and has led to the development of food science.

Until the development of agriculture approximately 10,000 years ago, Homo sapiens employed a hunter-gatherer method as their sole means of food collection. This involved combining stationary food sources (such as fruits, grains, tubers, and mushrooms, insect larvae and aquatic mollusks) with wild game, which must be hunted and killed in order to be consumed. It has been proposed that humans have used fire to prepare and cook food since the time of Homo erectus. Around ten thousand years ago, humans developed agriculture, which substantially altered their diet. This change in diet may also have altered human biology; with the spread of dairy farming providing a new and rich source of food, leading to the evolution of the ability to digest lactose in some adults."

[Image: IcJnQOT.gif]
09-12-2012, 02:20 PM (This post was last modified: 09-12-2012 02:23 PM by FZUMedia.)
(09-12-2012 02:03 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 01:55 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  Because I eat only plants and I am thriving, and have been doing so for many years. Whereas if you ate only raw meat you would die within a month.
You seem to have a very hard time understanding what it means to be an omnivore. Humans are omnivorous because they are capable of eating and digesting food both from plant and animal origin. Whether or not they can survive eating only one of the two is completely irrelevant.

From Wikipedia:
"Humans are omnivorous, capable of consuming a wide variety of plant and animal material. Varying with available food sources in regions of habitation, and also varying with cultural and religious norms, human groups have adopted a range of diets, from purely vegetarian to primarily carnivorous. In some cases, dietary restrictions in humans can lead to deficiency diseases; however, stable human groups have adapted to many dietary patterns through both genetic specialization and cultural conventions to use nutritionally balanced food sources. The human diet is prominently reflected in human culture, and has led to the development of food science.

Until the development of agriculture approximately 10,000 years ago, Homo sapiens employed a hunter-gatherer method as their sole means of food collection. This involved combining stationary food sources (such as fruits, grains, tubers, and mushrooms, insect larvae and aquatic mollusks) with wild game, which must be hunted and killed in order to be consumed. It has been proposed that humans have used fire to prepare and cook food since the time of Homo erectus. Around ten thousand years ago, humans developed agriculture, which substantially altered their diet. This change in diet may also have altered human biology; with the spread of dairy farming providing a new and rich source of food, leading to the evolution of the ability to digest lactose in some adults."
I've said this already! Humans are omnivores, just more leaning to the herbivore side, since compared to most omnivores, like dogs (evolved from wolves) they can eat completely differently to us. So we are omnivores by technicality. I don't know how much more clearer I can make it.

Here is a picture illustration:

1800-3000 calories a day meat eater, junk food, standard Russian diet.

[Image: 165851_2863232598795_690195965_n.jpg]
White Kim Jong Un.

3000-6000 Calories a day, 90% raw vegan.

[Image: 599830_3019897275314_236669829_n.jpg]
Leaner, meaner male specimen, biologically engineered for picking bananas from high trees.

Judge by results not theory.
09-12-2012, 02:27 PM
(09-12-2012 02:20 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I've said this already! Humans are omnivores, just more leaning to the herbivore side, since compared to most omnivores, like dogs (evolved from wolves) they can eat completely differently to us. So we are omnivores by technicality. I don't know how much more clearer I can make it.

White Kim Jong Un.
Leaner, meaner male specimen, biologically engineered for picking bananas from high trees.

Wow! That was actually both stupid and offensive.

It doesn't even deserve a proper response about the genetic make-up of individuals and how food is by no means the only factor in one's health.

That was actually so ridiculous, that I won't even bother finding pictures of really good male specimen, like athletes, who do eat meat.

And I'm sorry, but Russians are not the ones who are notorious for subsisting on junk food. There isn't even a word for junk food in Russian (which I happen to speak).

Disgusting.

09-12-2012, 02:29 PM
(09-12-2012 02:27 PM)Vera Wrote:  
(09-12-2012 02:20 PM)FZUMedia Wrote:  I've said this already! Humans are omnivores, just more leaning to the herbivore side, since compared to most omnivores, like dogs (evolved from wolves) they can eat completely differently to us. So we are omnivores by technicality. I don't know how much more clearer I can make it.

White Kim Jong Un.

Wow! That was actually both stupid and offensive.

It doesn't even deserve a proper response about the genetic make-up of individuals and how food is by no means the only factor in one's health.

That was actually so ridiculous, that I won't even bother finding pictures of really good male specimen, like athletes, who do eat meat.

And I'm sorry, but Russians are not the ones who are notorious for subsisting on junk food. There isn't even a word for junk food in Russian (which I happen to speak).

Disgusting.
No, what you consume is the primary factor to health. Anyone that tells you otherwise is a quack.

FYI: being offended isn't an argument.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  Lab cultured meat - ethical questions unsapien 30 1,101 17-08-2013 10:46 AM
Last Post: unsapien
  How to explain consciousness in a natual way abateamwork 13 783 12-05-2013 11:10 AM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  Is self-consciousness hereditary? TheSelfishGene 16 1,155 29-02-2012 08:26 PM
Last Post: craniumonempty
  Animal/Insect/Plant Consciousness. bemore 19 1,555 25-02-2012 07:38 PM
Last Post: GirlyMan
  Universal Consciousness Lightpanther 1 504 25-06-2011 07:33 PM
Last Post: Lilith Pride