Animal Liberation

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-04-2014, 11:44 PM (This post was last modified: 27-04-2014 12:17 AM by DLJ.)
Animal Liberation
Have you ever stopped and wondered where your food comes from?

Like so many people, until recently, I am ashamed to say that I was completely oblivious to the harm I have been causing other sentient beings on this planet. Those who may not of been confronted by this yet I think it is obligatory that you be shown the truth. Please watch the links below. Comments or questions welcome

Moderator's Edit: Placed in spoilers to give fair warning that the YouTube links contain information that people of a sensitive disposition may find uncomfortable.

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-04-2014, 12:36 AM
RE: Animal Liberation
I became aware of modern farming methods maybe 20 years ago and had the emotional response that the linked info intended.

I also grew up in a rural area and was not ignorant of or immune to the cruelty of nature around us which is obviously all part of the gods' design.

Anyway, I stopped eating meat for about a year until... well... y'know... bacon sandwiches.

To steal one of my ex's best lines: "Serves them right for being so tasty!"

That said... free-range creatures are way more tasty.

[+] 4 users Like DLJ's post
27-04-2014, 06:09 AM
My goal is to meet every animal that I eat before it is slaughtered (and preferably slaughter them myself)

Tonight I will be eating Lionel and Herb. (Pulled pork and brisket)

So many cats, so few good recipes.
[+] 3 users Like Stark Raving's post
27-04-2014, 06:22 AM
(27-04-2014 06:09 AM)Stark Raving Wrote:  My goal is to meet every animal that I eat before it is slaughtered (and preferably slaughter them myself)

Tonight I will be eating Lionel and Herb. (Pulled pork and brisket)

You evil bastard!

Set Lionel and Herb free!

Apple sauce with that?

Wink

27-04-2014, 07:41 AM
The issue is one of human overpopulation and it will only get worse.

In order to get meat and other food stuffs to this huge number of omnivores, cultivation is suffering. Animals are suffering, and the vegetables we have evolved on, along with innumerable other plant species, are about to go extinct with the advent of invasive GMO.

This world is not a kind one under the best conditions - it's a world where everyone eats everyone and everything else. Now you have one species proliferating at the cost of all others. It's not pretty, and it can only get worse.

Meanwhile you have people working on finding substitute food supplies, producing food that contains myriads of chemicals that have not at all been sufficiently tested by themselves and/or for interactions with each other. You have things that are known to cause cancer freely used in our food supply. You have these poor animals living a life of torture, while being saturated with antibiotics and killed in a manner that pools adrenalin in their system. People then ingest that. Then we wonder why we have bacteria that are resistant to antibiotics and a marked raise in human disorders.

This doesn't paint a pretty picture for the future. For anyone and anything on this earth.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
27-04-2014, 05:03 PM
Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals, and over all the creatures that move along the ground. ~Genesis 1:26
27-04-2014, 05:08 PM
I find the entire concept to be utterly stupid.

[Image: RPYH95t.png]
27-04-2014, 05:14 PM
Eventually there won't be enough land to farm all the animals we eat, thus the market will stagnate, that will lead to heavy investment on artificial meat production (organ 3D printing and stuff like that). That will solve the animal cruelty and environmental problems and we'll still be able to eat tasty food (they'll surely make it tasty). It will also give us a lot of insight on how cells and tissues grow, which could lead to big medical leaps with regeneration technologies. A win-win-win situation.

So we should keep the meat market profitable so they can invest in new technologies. SAVE THE ANIMALS, EAT MEAT!

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
27-04-2014, 05:15 PM
Animals aren't people, people are better than animals. It's out of necessity that the animals even exist anymore. I'm not about to go around and grant them all citizenship. Humane slaughter, though, yes.
28-04-2014, 09:16 AM
This topic has been discussed over countless years about whether or not it's "moral" to kill other "animals" for food.
There really isn't too much of an argument..
It's basically vegetarians versus carnivores.