Animal Lovers (And why I can't stand them)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
14-09-2014, 06:30 AM
RE: Animal Lovers (And why I can't stand them)
Reminded me of this thread

lol
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
14-09-2014, 06:37 AM
Yeah. I think the problem is when they are too in love with animals and end up going all PETA and call humans the worst, while animals wouldn't hurt a fly. I also get annoyed by Vegs to claim humans who eat meat are bad people.

1. Ever seen a Lion eat Tongue, if some says animal killers for eating meat then send this vid. Gets me everytime Tongue
http://youtu.be/e1vJQyV8lMI

2. There are examples of animals being just as bad, dolphins are basically the only animals that feel sexual joy as humans do. While other animals usually doesn't.
And if they get horny they can actually try to rape dolphins and even humans.

So trust me, if they had a brain as smart as us then we shall see then who laughs last Big Grin
14-09-2014, 07:47 AM
People are animals too.

All of us evolved to try to deal with our ever changing environments.

Animals who have not been domesticated have their own "morals" - i.e. rules of behavior that benefit their group. Neither humans nor other animals have evolved to mind the rules of any other species.

Domesticated animals exist because of humans and are the way humans shaped them.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
14-09-2014, 12:50 PM
(14-09-2014 06:30 AM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  Reminded me of this thread

lol

I posted a link to photos of purebred dogs over the last 100 years on page 4 but here it is again.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...imals.html

We always had mutts when I was growing up. We never had to take them to the vet except for shots. They were strong and healthy, a little on the dumb side but I don't what my dogs to be smarter than I am.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
14-09-2014, 02:53 PM
(14-09-2014 07:47 AM)Dom Wrote:  People are animals too.

Animals who have not been domesticated have their own "morals" - i.e. rules of behavior that benefit their group. Neither humans nor other animals have evolved to mind the rules of any other species.

Domesticated animals exist because of humans and are the way humans shaped them.

Well, yeah - except cats. They domesticated us to worship them. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
14-09-2014, 04:16 PM
(14-09-2014 02:53 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(14-09-2014 07:47 AM)Dom Wrote:  People are animals too.

Well, yeah - except cats. They domesticated us to worship them. Yes

Oh, don't I know that! Worship them and serve them. My two cats sit around waiting for me to do stuff for them especially since they're senior citizen cats now. Geesh.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
14-09-2014, 05:56 PM
(14-09-2014 05:39 AM)Dom Wrote:  
(13-09-2014 08:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  And neither of you is correct.
Only humans can be 'blamed', but in some dogs aggression cannot be controlled regardless of the training.

Re. Pits - I think it should be illegal to breed them.

I dunno, I'd hate to see the whole breed go away because of stupid people. I've got a good friend who breeds american pit bulls...her dogs are all incredibly social and very well trained. A few have won awards in some big dog shows. But she's a responsible and highly reputable breeder.

I think all backyard type breeders should be banned (puppy mills). For a while in some neighborhoods pit bulls were seen as status, people knowing nothing about the breed buying them as "guard" dogs etc. many shelters became over-run with the breed as evidence. Also attacks rose as result of crappy breeding practices and over breeding to meet a demand, not to mention people who still engaged in dog fighting. At the time that we got our dog from the shelter over 90% of the dogs at that time were pit bulls.

My dog was one of 3 that wasn't -- yet we have to say he's a hound mix rather than a German shepherd mix to avoid increase in our insurance premiums.

Just an aside, my aunt had a pit bull (way back in the day when German Shepherd and Dobies were the evil ones), but that dog was amazing. He'd carry things for her (she was disabled) pick up things that had fallen on the floor....he was her companion and helper. But he was never "trained" to any of it.

He was easy going and loving. I'm glad they had each other. The day after her funeral he died at 17.

When I was very little there are pictures of me and Jack. I would toss pieces of his kibble on the floor, he'd pick them up and bring them back to me. Lol. Then I'd feed them to him. Weird game.

The worst dog bite I ever had as a kid was my neighbors cocker spaniel, that dog was horrible and would bite for any reason. I've still got a scar on my finger from it. I guess Lady and The Tramp was wrong...

I hate it when people would base their dog purchases on tv or movies. How many Jack Russell terrier dogs ended up in shelters because of Eddie on Frasier? People who refuse take time to educate themselves about different breeds -- they live in an apartment and buy an Australian Shepherd because it looked cute, when their lifestyle might be more suited to a basset hound. My mother in law has a friend who is well in her 90s and has always had dogs as pets...but at her age she cannot care or even walk her dog, so what does she get? A huge Labrador because her first dog as a kid was a lab. Now she has a broken hip from a bad fall when the dog knocked her over.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 3 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
14-09-2014, 07:28 PM
It's people who breed indiscriminately, regardless of the two dog's health history and disposition etc. that ruin breeds.

But it's also AKC show breeders - they breed only for looks - to their credit, they usually don't breed dogs with obvious health defects and give guarantees for puppies. But still, the dog breeds are bred to exaggerate certain features and it always leads to structurally bad dogs.

The trouble is that there is not even any record keeping - AKC pedigrees have next to no info.

I really think people should need a license to breed dogs, and breeder dogs should need a health certificate to be allowed to breed. That would solve so many issues all at once.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 1 user Likes Dom's post
14-09-2014, 08:30 PM
(14-09-2014 07:28 PM)Dom Wrote:  It's people who breed indiscriminately, regardless of the two dog's health history and disposition etc. that ruin breeds.

But it's also AKC show breeders - they breed only for looks - to their credit, they usually don't breed dogs with obvious health defects and give guarantees for puppies. But still, the dog breeds are bred to exaggerate certain features and it always leads to structurally bad dogs.

The trouble is that there is not even any record keeping - AKC pedigrees have next to no info.

I really think people should need a license to breed dogs, and breeder dogs should need a health certificate to be allowed to breed. That would solve so many issues all at once.

My friend would completely agree with you. She can name each dog heritage back, I don't know how many generations. She is first to admit that many breed for looks or the dog that best fits the standard.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

15-09-2014, 08:28 AM
(14-09-2014 08:30 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(14-09-2014 07:28 PM)Dom Wrote:  It's people who breed indiscriminately, regardless of the two dog's health history and disposition etc. that ruin breeds.

My friend would completely agree with you. She can name each dog heritage back, I don't know how many generations. She is first to admit that many breed for looks or the dog that best fits the standard.

Yabbut, she isn't given the proper tools by the AKC, and she should be.

For instance, German Shepherds bred in Germany with papers from the top breeder's organization have to pass health examinations, training in obedience, tracking and protection with achievement of a degree, and tests for disposition before they are permitted to breed. The pedigree includes details of hip and knee health, since that is the most common issue in that breed. The result is a well rounded dog with health and smarts and all the drives in proper place.

The AKC lists a few names of ancestors. The AKC sucks. It also gives out pedigrees to most anyone.