Animal Rights?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2015, 07:07 AM
Animal Rights?
What if any rights should be granted to animals?

I've heard some PETA types say that animals should have the same rights as humans.

Need I point out that if we were to do that, we'd be overrun by cats in the first couple years? It's a human's right to reproduce. Give that to animals, and you've got a problem.

In the US we're granted the rights to Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness.

So does that mean no more leashes or cages?

AND ----

Which animals???? Are rat poison and flyswatters going to be illegal??? How about antibiotics? Bacterium should have rights too --- right??

As I see it -- the law as it is, where animals are considered property, is about as good as it gets. It's my property. I decide. You don't get to draw the lines and say that I have to let the dog sleep in the bed with me - because YOU think it should.

It's your property - you're responsible for it. If it gets loose and causes damage - that's YOUR fault.

As far as animal cruelty goes -- we have laws about that too.

And BTW -- you don't "adopt" an animal -- you "get", "buy", "procure", "find", or "steal" a pet.

You ADOPT a child. It's insulting to adopted children to insinuate that your cat is equivalent to a them.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
21-10-2015, 07:12 AM
RE: Animal Rights?
I love animals but I hate these animal groups, they go way too far. All of these new activist group are annoying little shits. No one gives a shit about your cause but YOU stop making it everyone else's problem.
[+] 1 user Likes MrKrispy601's post
21-10-2015, 07:42 AM
Animal cruelty laws do need to be improved with stronger sentences and heftier fines.

Factory farm laws need to be improved as well--not just for the health and well-being animals but for the health of the people who consume them.

Imo, cruelty-free products (make-up, hair care, skin care etc.) are the best to buy. Again great for the animals--but also good for people since many of the ingredients are all natural and not drenched in chemicals.

Obviously, I don't expect my dog to get a driver's license, open a bank account, or get married. But I do think animals deserve to be treated with respect and have their lives valued.
[+] 7 users Like jennybee's post
21-10-2015, 07:45 AM
(21-10-2015 07:12 AM)MrKrispy601 Wrote:  I love animals but I hate these animal groups, they go way too far. All of these new activist group are annoying little shits. No one gives a shit about your cause but YOU stop making it everyone else's problem.

I hear what you are saying and all advocacy groups, regardless of cause, sometimes go too far. But at the same time, if no one ever says or does anything--nothing changes.
21-10-2015, 08:38 AM
No, animals don't merit the same rights as people. That doesn't mean they don't deserve any rights though. They deserve the right to not be treated inhumanely and be inflicted with unnecessary pain. The fact that they might be your property doesn't give you the right to do whatever you want to with them. When you choose to own another living being it comes with the responsibility to care for them and to deal with them humanely. If you can't deal with that then fuck you. You shouldn't be allowed to own another living being.

Save a life. Adopt a greyhound.

[Image: anigrey.gif]
[+] 9 users Like Popeye's Pappy's post
21-10-2015, 08:40 AM
Animals should definitely have the right to be treated without cruelty IMO. Sure, keep cattle for beef or chickens for meat and eggs, but if you're gonna use animal products, kill them quick and make it clean. Factory farming is a horrible practice.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
[+] 7 users Like morondog's post
21-10-2015, 08:56 AM
(21-10-2015 08:40 AM)morondog Wrote:  Animals should definitely have the right to be treated without cruelty IMO. Sure, keep cattle for beef or chickens for meat and eggs, but if you're gonna use animal products, kill them quick and make it clean. Factory farming is a horrible practice.

Here's part of the rub.

Who gets to decide what's a pet, and what's for dinner?

I've lived on a farm almost my whole life - and it's common practice for farm kids to "eat their pet".....

There's those that'll say "DON'T BE STUPID - YOU KNOW WHAT A PET IS!!!" --- but, that line is only in their head -- it's not a natural law. There's plenty of societies that will eat a cat, dog or other critter that most westerners would consider "Pet only".

I've eaten horse meat - and don't see the problem. Edible transportation, what a concept.

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
21-10-2015, 09:00 AM
(21-10-2015 08:56 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(21-10-2015 08:40 AM)morondog Wrote:  Animals should definitely have the right to be treated without cruelty IMO. Sure, keep cattle for beef or chickens for meat and eggs, but if you're gonna use animal products, kill them quick and make it clean. Factory farming is a horrible practice.

Here's part of the rub.

Who gets to decide what's a pet, and what's for dinner?

I've lived on a farm almost my whole life - and it's common practice for farm kids to "eat their pet".....

There's those that'll say "DON'T BE STUPID - YOU KNOW WHAT A PET IS!!!" --- but, that line is only in their head -- it's not a natural law. There's plenty of societies that will eat a cat, dog or other critter that most westerners would consider "Pet only".

I've eaten horse meat - and don't see the problem. Edible transportation, what a concept.

An animal you keep as a friend and don't eat is a pet. Big Grin
21-10-2015, 09:03 AM
(21-10-2015 09:00 AM)jennybee Wrote:  An animal you keep as a friend and don't eat is a pet. Big Grin

Sure....

But, like I said -- it's many a farm kid that had a pet pig, pet chicken or pet cattle -- usually raised from birth or hatching -- and followed that pet through it's life -- right up to the time of butchering. I know guys who did the kill and butchering themselves. ( I never had a pet farm critter.... too smelly)..

These people weren't homicidal maniacs -- they were just better informed about where lunch comes from....

21-10-2015, 09:11 AM
Um... Who said anything about pets? I don't give a flying fuck if you eat your pets. Rolleyes

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.