Animal Rights?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2015, 09:30 AM
RE: Animal Rights?
Speaking of PETA, you ever notice how they'll throw paint on old ladies wearing fur, but never on any Hells Angels wearing leather? Why is that? Why the discrimination?

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 8 users Like Old Man Marsh's post
21-10-2015, 09:39 AM
(21-10-2015 09:30 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Speaking of PETA, you ever notice how they'll throw paint on old ladies wearing fur, but never on any Hells Angels wearing leather? Why is that? Why the discrimination?

The irony of the throwing of paint???

Now another critter has to die, to replace the ruined fur.....

Good going PETA -- another dead mink is on you......

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
[+] 1 user Likes onlinebiker's post
21-10-2015, 09:40 AM
(21-10-2015 09:30 AM)Old Man Marsh Wrote:  Speaking of PETA, you ever notice how they'll throw paint on old ladies wearing fur, but never on any Hells Angels wearing leather? Why is that? Why the discrimination?

I'd kinda like to see that. Smile

My friend has a gorgeous vintage mink. She wears it on occasion, when appropriate. I'd hardly call her an old lady.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

21-10-2015, 09:40 AM
(21-10-2015 09:03 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(21-10-2015 09:00 AM)jennybee Wrote:  An animal you keep as a friend and don't eat is a pet. Big Grin

Sure....

But, like I said -- it's many a farm kid that had a pet pig, pet chicken or pet cattle -- usually raised from birth or hatching -- and followed that pet through it's life -- right up to the time of butchering. I know guys who did the kill and butchering themselves. ( I never had a pet farm critter.... too smelly)..

These people weren't homicidal maniacs -- they were just better informed about where lunch comes from....

My friends kids have no problem skinning a rabbit and getting it ready to make rabbit stew. Most other kids here in the city would only consider a rabbit as cuddly, and would be horrified.

But it's true, it depends where you come from. Some guy in India was lyched by a mob because of a rumour that he ate and stored beef in his house. Hindus don't take too kindly to someone eating a beef burger. The cow has more / better rights than humans in such places.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-34398433

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
21-10-2015, 09:42 AM
(21-10-2015 09:40 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

I'd kinda like to see that. Smile

My friend has a gorgeous vintage mink. She wears it on occasion, when appropriate. I'd hardly call her an old lady.

My sister gave me a full length racoon coat that she'd bought in college - and had only wore twice....

I gave it to the lady I was dating at the time.....(my sister was quite OK with that)....

It made me very popular for several weeks....

Big Grin

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
21-10-2015, 09:47 AM
On the surface PETA (which stands for people for the ethical treatment of animals) sounds great...because only lunatics truly want to animals treated terribly when there are other means are available (like the cosmetic industry).

I think many join without understanding that the PETA people are just fucking crazy.

They think it's wrong for blind people to have a guide dog. Those dogs that sniff for bombs at the airport would be outlawed. Even though the dog was literally bred for that purpose (to help people)...that's the kind of shit that astounds me.

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-10-2015, 09:50 AM
(21-10-2015 09:42 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  
(21-10-2015 09:40 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  I'd kinda like to see that. Smile

My sister gave me a full length racoon coat that she'd bought in college - and had only wore twice....

I gave it to the lady I was dating at the time.....(my sister was quite OK with that)....

Big Grin

I used to have a rabbit fur jacket with a silver fox color that I loved. I honestly don't have a problem with wearing fur. I don't live in an area for it and it's hideously expensive.

21-10-2015, 09:57 AM
(21-10-2015 09:50 AM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  
(21-10-2015 09:42 AM)onlinebiker Wrote:  My sister gave me a full length racoon coat that she'd bought in college - and had only wore twice....

Big Grin

I used to have a rabbit fur jacket with a silver fox color that I loved. I honestly don't have a problem with wearing fur. I don't live in an area for it and it's hideously expensive.

When I was a kindeegartener, my parents raised rabbits for a little while. I always got to watch dad smash them in the head with a hammer, decapitate them with a hacksaw, and skin them for eating... but he threw the furs away. I never knew why. I could've had a nice pair of thermal underpants after a few suppers.

Don't let those gnomes and their illusions get you down. They're just gnomes and illusions.

--Jake the Dog, Adventure Time

Alouette, je te plumerai.
21-10-2015, 10:20 AM (This post was last modified: 21-10-2015 10:24 AM by jennybee.)
If an animal is killed for food purposes and then their fur or hide is used to make a coat or blanket or whatever, I think it's good to use the entire animal if you can. But to just kill an animal just for their fur or to make a leather coat is wrong, imo. In some cases, animals have been skinned alive. Nowadays we have so many synthetic textiles we can use to make things like hats, coats, boots, etc. Why needlessly hurt something just so you can wear their skins as a coat when there are other options available.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
[+] 1 user Likes jennybee's post
21-10-2015, 10:28 AM
Rights being human constructs, animals have only the rights that we extend to them.

That said, I think all human-owned animals should have the right to be free of cruelty or abuse, and to shelter and food. Farm animals raised for food should have the right to a quick death as painless as possible.
[+] 3 users Like Thumpalumpacus's post