Animal Rights?

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
21-10-2015, 02:12 PM
RE: Animal Rights?
(21-10-2015 11:46 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Also P.E.T.A. are a bunch of Hippocrates.

Big Grin I know it was unintentional, but there's an ancient Greek astronomer rolling in his grave right now Tongue

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like morondog's post
21-10-2015, 02:18 PM
(21-10-2015 11:29 AM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  
(21-10-2015 11:25 AM)Clockwork Wrote:  The article that linked somewhere here on TTA mentioned they're trying to figure out how to make veins so that steaks are possible. But, yeah, I look forward to those days. I wouldn't be so put off trying weird meats. I'd rather eat synthetic Lassie than real one. (If I had a choice.)

And if I recall, there's a possibility of kosher pork if done synthetically. And I'm all for our Jewish friends joining us in a bacon fest.

The exotic meats is what really excites me. I'll admit. I really want to know what elephant, rhino, whale, lion, etc tastes like, but I'd never kill one just for the curiosity.

Now I really want some Bald Eagle Wings with a spicy habanero sauce. Drooling

Lion is pretty yucky honestly. Super gamey...but it's a carnivore. I find most are pretty yucky taste wise...unless they're stuper young.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-10-2015, 02:20 PM
(21-10-2015 01:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(21-10-2015 12:46 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I think someone has fed you some misinformation...

Skinning a critter is somewhat of a delicate operation - in that nicks in the skin lower it's value. If a critter was thrashing about while you were skinning it you'd ruin the pelt.

Personally - I prefer doing it when the carcass is colder -- not quite frozen. It makes it quite a bit safer, as you're less likely to cut yourself....

I watched documentaries where that practice is done. I don't think it happens often--but it does happen.

Jassus. I'd never be able to watch something like that...

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
21-10-2015, 02:29 PM
(21-10-2015 01:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  
(21-10-2015 12:46 PM)onlinebiker Wrote:  I think someone has fed you some misinformation...

Skinning a critter is somewhat of a delicate operation - in that nicks in the skin lower it's value. If a critter was thrashing about while you were skinning it you'd ruin the pelt.

Personally - I prefer doing it when the carcass is colder -- not quite frozen. It makes it quite a bit safer, as you're less likely to cut yourself....

I watched documentaries where that practice is done. I don't think it happens often--but it does happen.

At least once for the documentary. I've become very cynical about documentaries lately. Sad

Honestly, I love a good documentary, but since Netflix seems to get tons on their streaming service a good 60 percent are just rubbish.

The research some cause me to after are just exhausting.

21-10-2015, 02:59 PM
(21-10-2015 02:20 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-10-2015 01:20 PM)jennybee Wrote:  I watched documentaries where that practice is done. I don't think it happens often--but it does happen.

Jassus. I'd never be able to watch something like that...

Well, I didn't do it for fun. Wink I think it was in the movie Earthling (the same movie someone else was talking about in another thread). I do a lot to try and help animals and so I like to know about various issues involving them so I can help by donating money or my time to help stop abuses of them.

"Let the waters settle and you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your own being." -Rumi
21-10-2015, 03:17 PM
I think there is room for all of god's creatures, right next to the mashed potatoes. . Angel

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
21-10-2015, 03:23 PM
(21-10-2015 02:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(21-10-2015 11:46 AM)Commonsensei Wrote:  Also P.E.T.A. are a bunch of Hippocrates.

Big Grin I know it was unintentional, but there's an ancient Greek astronomer rolling in his grave right now Tongue
I think the same thing every time I see that Tongue

I prefer fantasy, but I have to live in reality.
[+] 1 user Likes Adrianime's post
21-10-2015, 03:30 PM
(21-10-2015 02:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  

Facepalm

*Hypocrites.

Thanks Morondog. You're better then my spellcheck.

Don't Live each day like it's your last. Live each day like you have 541 days after that one where every choice you make will have lasting implications to you and the world around you. ~ Tim Minchin
[+] 2 users Like Commonsensei's post
21-10-2015, 03:33 PM
(21-10-2015 03:30 PM)Commonsensei Wrote:  
(21-10-2015 02:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  Big Grin I know it was unintentional, but there's an ancient Greek astronomer rolling in his grave right now Tongue

Facepalm

*Hypocrites.

Thanks Morondog. You're better then my spellcheck.

Awwww. Don't be hard yourself...my iPhone has it in for me...

At lest you didn't do a cock pimple.

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
21-10-2015, 04:11 PM
Aren't humans animals just the same as the rest of them? Why do we get special rights that the other animals do not?

I just wanted to let you know that I love you even though you aren't naked right now. Heart