Animal Testing.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2014, 06:20 AM
Animal Testing.
What are your thoughts on animal testing? Should it be allowed to happen? Are there circumstances where you think that animal testing is acceptable? How should it be conducted/regulated? What are the advantages/disadvantages?

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2014, 07:23 AM
RE: Animal Testing.
I have seen a list of medical achievement and breakthroughs that were only possible with animal testing.

I hope I find that list online, but simply put: It will ripp any doubt you have to shreds!

Medical science depends alot on animal testing!

(22-05-2014 06:23 PM)Jeremy E Walker Wrote:  I abstain from all forms of sexual acts.
[+] 1 user Likes The Germans are coming's post
03-02-2014, 08:13 AM
I am for animal testing for medicine but against for cosmetics. Boundaries are probably difficult to set as the effects of each drug will differ but the overall goal should be to minimise the animals suffering as much as possible. My opinion however, doesn't get much more involved than that as I am not a scientist and accept I am speaking from a speculative view point.

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
[+] 1 user Likes Monster_Riffs's post
03-02-2014, 09:32 AM
(03-02-2014 08:13 AM)Monster_Riffs Wrote:  I am for animal testing for medicine but against for cosmetics. Boundaries are probably difficult to set as the effects of each drug will differ but the overall goal should be to minimise the animals suffering as much as possible. My opinion however, doesn't get much more involved than that as I am not a scientist and accept I am speaking from a speculative view point.

Terrible as it is, animal testing for cosmetics will probably continue. Some laboratories rely on the funding they get from cosmetic companies to further research into various diseases etc... Ailments such as cancer and aids are well funded but this is not the case for some of the lesser known diseases.

“The first duty of a man is to think for himself” ― José Martí
[+] 1 user Likes Marozz's post
03-02-2014, 09:42 AM
It should be done responsibly and with the animals "interests" in mind, just throwing random things at them is wrong, but if something is promising then go for it. At least until we find better ways of testing things without animals

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
03-02-2014, 09:59 AM
I am a diabetic. I also love dogs. It ain't easy to say, but I approve of animal testing. If it weren't for many dogs dying, Banting and Best would never have discovered insulin.....and I'd be dead.

Just visiting.

-SR
[+] 1 user Likes Stark Raving's post
03-02-2014, 09:59 AM
Since there is little chance of testing something, medical or otherwise, on humans there is really no other option.

See here they are, the bruises, some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
03-02-2014, 11:15 AM
I have been made aware that some animal testing appears more like conscious torture than testing. I have difficulty approving of that. I also accept that some animal testing is absolutely critical for certain types of medical experiments.
[+] 1 user Likes JAH's post
03-02-2014, 11:37 AM
(03-02-2014 09:59 AM)Anjele Wrote:  Since there is little chance of testing something, medical or otherwise, on humans there is really no other option.

Yah, that's kind of a big advantage there.

It may not be pretty, but it is damn indispensable for certain types of medical breakthroughs.

[Image: giphy.gif]
03-02-2014, 07:13 PM
I think they should do testing on new born babies. After all the baby will be born into it, know no different and will not have a fully articulated/defined consciousness like what our human race believes separates us from all other living creatures.

Alternatively the poor could be round up and tested upon??? People with mental health issues??? The disabled??? The old???

There is no limits to the justification the human race gives for torture. As long as it is for personal gain and is not happening to yourselves or in front of your face it is tolerable.

I do not have an alternative to animal testing, however that does not stop me personally from opposing it.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
[+] 1 user Likes bemore's post