Animal Testing.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
03-02-2014, 08:30 PM
RE: Animal Testing.
(03-02-2014 07:13 PM)bemore Wrote:  I think they should do testing on new born babies. After all the baby will be born into it, know no different and will not have a fully articulated/defined consciousness like what our human race believes separates us from all other living creatures.

Alternatively the poor could be round up and tested upon??? People with mental health issues??? The disabled??? The old???

There is no limits to the justification the human race gives for torture. As long as it is for personal gain and is not happening to yourselves or in front of your face it is tolerable.

I do not have an alternative to animal testing, however that does not stop me personally from opposing it.

I can see your point and am honest to say yes I value the life of an animal outside of our species less ... And as I type this, the solution hits me! We should use convicted pedophiles and rapists instead! (I don't even know if I'm joking) Smile

A man blames his bad childhood on leprechauns. He claims they don't exist, but yet still says without a doubt that they stole all his money and then killed his parents. That's why he became Leprechaun-Man

Im_Ryan forum member
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-02-2014, 09:05 PM
(03-02-2014 07:13 PM)bemore Wrote:  I think they should do testing on new born babies. After all the baby will be born into it, know no different and will not have a fully articulated/defined consciousness like what our human race believes separates us from all other living creatures.

Alternatively the poor could be round up and tested upon??? People with mental health issues??? The disabled??? The old???

There is no limits to the justification the human race gives for torture. As long as it is for personal gain and is not happening to yourselves or in front of your face it is tolerable.

I do not have an alternative to animal testing, however that does not stop me personally from opposing it.

I don't see how that follows. Perhaps it is an emotive issue...

But, slippery slope? Seriously?
"Justifying a specific thing means you can justify anything"?

"My standards for what constitute acceptable humane treatment are slightly more permissive than yours" is not equivalent to "I ENDORSE TORTURE".

... this is my signature!
[+] 1 user Likes cjlr's post
03-02-2014, 09:26 PM
The US Army has stopped using monkeys as part of its life-saving training. The only reason I can think of is we don't need to hurt the chimps no more 'cause we got these genetically-engineered mice that are even closer to human. Hobo

[Image: mouse.png]

Breathing - it's more art than science.
06-02-2014, 12:15 AM
The current guidelines are that animals should only be considered for experiments, when there is no alternative. I think it is completely ok.

Also, animal activists do not protect animal rights, they protect cuddly and cute animal rights. They are a bunch of hypocrits.

Here is something that happened in italy. I had read it in another newspaper back then, but a quick google search gave me this:
http://news.msn.com/science-technology/i...c-research

Fun "paradox": The higher the selection pressure, the slower evolution takes place.