Animals that might not be extinct

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-03-2015, 05:45 PM
RE: Animals that might not be extinct
Recently extinct

http://izismile.com/2012/06/27/animals_t..._pics.html

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2015, 06:17 PM
(04-03-2015 05:35 PM)Drunkin Druid Wrote:  
(04-03-2015 05:11 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  I take it he meant that an individual fish SPECIES could EXIST for so long, right? Undecided

Crocodilians have been around as long or longer virtually unchanged, 83.5 million years. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crocodilia

Nope. He meant the individual fish.
You see he figured that the species died out because they said it was thought to be extinct. When a fish was found he assumed that all the others of the species died millions of years ago (because they said it was extinct) but this one survived.
He couldn't seem to comprehend that the scientists were wrong about the extinction.
A little bit frustrating and a little entertaining..

A little bit faceplaming is more apt.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
05-03-2015, 12:38 AM

Well worth the 20 minutes to watch extinction on Lord Howe Island

[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
08-03-2015, 05:15 AM
the bigger the animal, the bigger the pile of shit we'll encounter searching for it