Animation , Feminism, and the Mutation of Anti-Feminist

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2013, 05:00 AM
Animation , Feminism, and the Mutation of Anti-Feminist
Yay! Two videos I really like!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uqtNSdDFGBM

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9QxT37FJ5K0

It's always good to positive feminist characters in the modern media. But for every one positive portrayal of feminism we get a batshit crazy woman who starts firing tampons from a machine gun if a guy blinks at her funny. What's with?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2013, 04:32 PM
RE: Animation , Feminism, and the Mutation of Anti-Feminist
Btw,The second link doesnt bring you to a video.

I am a feminist,but i draw a line between "you are a man. You are bad for women" type of shit and women coming up for their rights.
Even i dont understand the extremists in this group.

I don't really like going outside.
It's too damn "peopley" out there....
Find all posts by this user
22-07-2013, 06:22 PM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2013 06:25 PM by Logica Humano.)
[Image: back-in-my-day.jpg]

All historical facts aside, I view the issue of feminism the same way I view racism. I don't take gender or race "division" seriously. At all. I am sexually attracted to women. Oh well, whatever, other than that, I don't really view women any differently from men and I don't let my attraction cloud my judgement either.

To me? I recognize there are still plenty of areas to improve on but, overall, feminism is a non-issue. Whether or not other people want to view it like that is up to them.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
22-07-2013, 10:37 PM (This post was last modified: 22-07-2013 10:46 PM by PoolBoyG.)
(22-07-2013 06:22 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  I view the issue of feminism the same way I view racism. I don't take gender or race "division" seriously.

You're falling into a dangerous trap.

What has to be recognized is that:
1. OTHER PEOPLE have bigoted views based on arbitrary lines. Ignoring this only allows them to succeed.
2. Bigotry isn't always all out warfare. Most of it is casual, nonchalant opinions or actions. These tiny accumulated drops do magnify into a tsunami.

Also, don't forget your privilege. It's easy to thumb one's nose, and wave a hand dismissively when you're looking down at others by the wayside.
23-07-2013, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2013 06:47 AM by Logica Humano.)
(22-07-2013 10:37 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  You're falling into a dangerous trap.

Oh really? What dangerous trap am I falling into? Drinking Beverage

(22-07-2013 10:37 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  What has to be recognized is that:

Go on. Drinking Beverage

(22-07-2013 10:37 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  1. OTHER PEOPLE have bigoted views based on arbitrary lines. Ignoring this only allows them to succeed.

I just said I recognized that other people have their own bigoted views and that there are areas to improve on. I simply stated that I personally don't give a shit about race or gender. Drinking Beverage

(22-07-2013 10:37 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  2. Bigotry isn't always all out warfare. Most of it is casual, nonchalant opinions or actions. These tiny accumulated drops do magnify into a tsunami.

I have a feeling you read those two sentences and then posted this. Drinking Beverage

(22-07-2013 10:37 PM)PoolBoyG Wrote:  Also, don't forget your privilege. It's easy to thumb one's nose, and wave a hand dismissively when you're looking down at others by the wayside.

It is also easy to ignore my entire fucking post and preach to the fucking choir. Drinking Beverage

Now, if you will excuse me... I just drank a shit load of coffee, so I have to take a piss. Drinking Beverage

[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
23-07-2013, 06:26 AM
I don't get what this thread is about, but videos are unavailable to me.

Some explain to me, what we are going to fight about, please?
23-07-2013, 01:40 PM
Quote:I just said I recognized that other people have their own bigoted views and that there are areas to improve on. I simply stated that I personally don't give a shit about race or gender

And the point was made that ignoring widespread anti-woman attitudes allows those views to continue affecting the lives of women unabated. 'Oh I don't care about race and gender and I'm an awesome guy so feminism is a non- issue .. oh, uh .. to me.

Quote: It is also easy to ignore my entire fucking post and preach to the fucking choir.

Oh the irony.
You: 'there's still oppression of women but I don't care about it because I dont take racial and gendered difference seriously so it's not an issue '

*loads of snide coffee emotes

=> oh, but it's still pretty a very common feature in society. It's probably easy to not recognise group division and declare it a non issue because it doesn't affect you.

You: 'OMG YOU IGNORE MY POST FUCK I NEED TO PISS
23-07-2013, 01:45 PM
I definitely like it if females are animated.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein (That's a JOKE, ya idiot)
"And you quit footing the bill for these nations that are oil rich - we're paying for some of their *squirmishes* that have been going on for centuries" - Sarah Palin
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
23-07-2013, 02:13 PM
(23-07-2013 01:40 PM)Pagancornflake Wrote:  And the point was made that ignoring widespread anti-woman attitudes allows those views to continue affecting the lives of women unabated. 'Oh I don't care about race and gender and I'm an awesome guy so feminism is a non- issue .. oh, uh .. to me.

And I never said that misogyny isn't still an issue. I said that feminism isn't a major issue to me because I don't judge genders or races. Nice job attacking a strawman though, it would have been a valid criticism had that been my point.

(23-07-2013 01:40 PM)Pagancornflake Wrote:  Oh the irony.
You: 'there's still oppression of women but I don't care about it because I dont take racial and gendered difference seriously so it's not an issue '

Actually, I said that it is still an issue. I simply said that there is no problem for me treating women fairly.

(23-07-2013 01:40 PM)Pagancornflake Wrote:  *loads of snide coffee emotes

I have the right to be snide here. You are attacking a position that isn't mine.

(23-07-2013 01:40 PM)Pagancornflake Wrote:  => oh, but it's still pretty a very common feature in society. It's probably easy to not recognise group division and declare it a non issue because it doesn't affect you.

Again, I haven't said that it isn't an issue or that it doesn't affect me. I simply said it is a non-issue to me. Just like homosexuality is a non-issue to me because I accept it.

(23-07-2013 01:40 PM)Pagancornflake Wrote:  You: 'OMG YOU IGNORE MY POST FUCK I NEED TO PISS

Where did I say to ignore my post?

23-07-2013, 02:49 PM
(23-07-2013 01:45 PM)Bucky Ball Wrote:  I definitely like it if females are animated.

Hentai or anime?Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post