Anj's Housing Development.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
03-05-2016, 10:06 AM
RE: I hate to have to ask...we need help.
Yay!!!!!

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
03-05-2016, 10:07 AM
(03-05-2016 09:38 AM)Anjele Wrote:  [Image: Front%20of%20house_zpszsfcfgtc.jpg]

That house looks a little gingerbready.......... almost as if you are trying to entice little children over so you can feed your heathen friends with their yummy goodness............ Wink

In all seriousness though, I am glad it is getting taken care of. Was that also a broken window on the side of the house that was covered?

"If we are honest—and scientists have to be—we must admit that religion is a jumble of false assertions, with no basis in reality.
The very idea of God is a product of the human imagination."
- Paul Dirac
[+] 2 users Like The Organic Chemist's post
03-05-2016, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 03-05-2016 10:17 AM by Anjele.)
(03-05-2016 10:07 AM)The Organic Chemist Wrote:  
(03-05-2016 09:38 AM)Anjele Wrote:  [Image: Front%20of%20house_zpszsfcfgtc.jpg]

That house looks a little gingerbready.......... almost as if you are trying to entice little children over so you can feed your heathen friends with their yummy goodness............ Wink

In all seriousness though, I am glad it is getting taken care of. Was that also a broken window on the side of the house that was covered?

The house reminded me of a Swiss chalet when I first saw pictures of it. I like it because it's unique.

Yeah, that was the master bedroom window. The next step in this process will be windows almost everywhere.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat

Are my Chakras on straight?
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
03-05-2016, 04:32 PM
Other than some trim work and gutters...that's a wrap. Now for windows, ceilings, walls, and floors. Facepalm

[Image: Front%20new%20roof_zps5p2z8xux.jpg]

[Image: New%20Roof_zpsq60okq47.jpg]

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 8 users Like Anjele's post
04-05-2016, 07:41 AM
The house looks really nice so far. Drooling
[+] 1 user Likes CosmicRaven's post
11-05-2016, 10:02 AM (This post was last modified: 11-05-2016 10:27 AM by Anjele.)
We are still waiting for windows. Could be another couple weeks before that happens. There seems to be quite the glass shortage around here for custom window repair. With all the damage to storefronts, etc. I am not surprised by that.

We did get the gutters replaced yesterday. Probably a good thing since we had thunderstorms all night. Lots of rain (and some hail Sadcryface ). It did wash off a lot of the shingle residue from the roof.

The insurance company came and took what was left of my old car yesterday...kind of sad to see it go. It wasn't a fancy car but it was reliable and got me where I needed to go. Undecided

This is going to take a while. I am home today because my nerves are shot to the point where my stomach is rebelling. This has not been fun. I try to look forward to having most of the house like new...but it's hard not to get down and stressed about it all...it's pretty overwhelming.

11-05-2016, 10:21 AM
It's like a remodel - nerve wrecking while in progress - but - ahhh- the good feeling once it's all done is amazing. You have that to look forward to.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
01-06-2016, 06:32 PM
An update...

We have a torrential rainstorm last night and the roof started leaking into the garage again. We went on a major inspection including up into the attic where we found some small leaks and a few other things that need to be fixed.

The contractor came out today...the leaky spot has supposedly been fixed but pretty much the whole front of the house roof has to be ripped off and redone. Not sure when that's going to happen but it's all on the contractor and not considered another storm event and therefore not another deductible...thankfully.

A new contractor has been brought in for the interior work...ceilings, walls, and floors...also new lighting and ceiling fans.

If...and that's a big if...it doesn't rain Friday we are supposed to get the windows fixed/replaced. In the event that works out the interior destruction may start next week and will take up to two weeks to complete. Then they have to fix the ceiling and walls in the garage.

Then the fence...UGH.

We may be living in one small room, a hallway, and a bathroom for two weeks...two adults, three dogs, one cat, and two parrots.

Again, many thanks to everyone who has helped.

Please send any spare sanity you may have...I need it. Undecided

[+] 6 users Like Anjele's post
01-06-2016, 06:35 PM
Sanity is all I gots to give right now anyway.

It's ok, I'm not using it. Tongue

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 6 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
01-06-2016, 07:22 PM
Sanity - I think I ran out of that a couple decades ago.

I hope you finally get this over with, it's been quite a while.

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man