Anj's Housing Development.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
01-06-2016, 07:25 PM
RE: I hate to have to ask...we need help.
(01-06-2016 06:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  An update...

We have a torrential rainstorm last night and the roof started leaking into the garage again. We went on a major inspection including up into the attic where we found some small leaks and a few other things that need to be fixed.

The contractor came out today...the leaky spot has supposedly been fixed but pretty much the whole front of the house roof has to be ripped off and redone. Not sure when that's going to happen but it's all on the contractor and not considered another storm event and therefore not another deductible...thankfully.

A new contractor has been brought in for the interior work...ceilings, walls, and floors...also new lighting and ceiling fans.

If...and that's a big if...it doesn't rain Friday we are supposed to get the windows fixed/replaced. In the event that works out the interior destruction may start next week and will take up to two weeks to complete. Then they have to fix the ceiling and walls in the garage.

Then the fence...UGH.

We may be living in one small room, a hallway, and a bathroom for two weeks...two adults, three dogs, one cat, and two parrots.

Again, many thanks to everyone who has helped.

Please send any spare sanity you may have...I need it. Undecided

One of my dogs has congestive heart failure. Just the amount of worry we got out of it (and loss of sleep) before we got her meds straightened out was bad enough. Hug I can't imagine how you are handling it so well. I don't have any extra sanity to send, though. Tongue
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
01-06-2016, 07:33 PM
(01-06-2016 07:25 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 06:32 PM)Anjele Wrote:  An update...

We have a torrential rainstorm last night and the roof started leaking into the garage again. We went on a major inspection including up into the attic where we found some small leaks and a few other things that need to be fixed.

The contractor came out today...the leaky spot has supposedly been fixed but pretty much the whole front of the house roof has to be ripped off and redone. Not sure when that's going to happen but it's all on the contractor and not considered another storm event and therefore not another deductible...thankfully.

A new contractor has been brought in for the interior work...ceilings, walls, and floors...also new lighting and ceiling fans.

If...and that's a big if...it doesn't rain Friday we are supposed to get the windows fixed/replaced. In the event that works out the interior destruction may start next week and will take up to two weeks to complete. Then they have to fix the ceiling and walls in the garage.

Then the fence...UGH.

We may be living in one small room, a hallway, and a bathroom for two weeks...two adults, three dogs, one cat, and two parrots.

Again, many thanks to everyone who has helped.

Please send any spare sanity you may have...I need it. Undecided

One of my dogs has congestive heart failure. Just the amount of worry we got out of it (and loss of sleep) before we got her meds straightened out was bad enough. Hug I can't imagine how you are handling it so well. I don't have any extra sanity to send, though. Tongue

Were I still of the Catholic persuasion I could say I am working off some time in purgatory. Alas, I am just trying not become suicidal or homicidal. Undecided

Basically we will be living in a hotel room without room or maid service. Sadcryface

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
01-06-2016, 08:48 PM
(17-04-2016 01:53 PM)Anjele Wrote:  https://www.gofundme.com/cwzkjdu4

This storm damage is really a hardship...and it's only getting worse. Thank you in advance for help, even if it's moral support.

I don't have much but I get paid next week. I'd be glad to help, but I would rather send you money directly if possible. Go Fund Me takes a percentage it may not be a big one but my bank lets me text or email people money for free if you're interested in doing something like that.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
[+] 1 user Likes Losty's post
01-06-2016, 09:01 PM
(01-06-2016 07:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 07:25 PM)Fireball Wrote:  One of my dogs has congestive heart failure. Just the amount of worry we got out of it (and loss of sleep) before we got her meds straightened out was bad enough. Hug I can't imagine how you are handling it so well. I don't have any extra sanity to send, though. Tongue

Were I still of the Catholic persuasion I could say I am working off some time in purgatory. Alas, I am just trying not become suicidal or homicidal. Undecided

Basically we will be living in a hotel room without room or maid service. Sadcryface

I'd say a tent in the yard might be better, but you'd probably drown in the rain, so not a good option. Laugh out load
01-06-2016, 09:06 PM
(01-06-2016 09:01 PM)Fireball Wrote:  
(01-06-2016 07:33 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Were I still of the Catholic persuasion I could say I am working off some time in purgatory. Alas, I am just trying not become suicidal or homicidal. Undecided

I'd say a tent in the yard might be better, but you'd probably drown in the rain, so not a good option. Laugh out load
I would need a snorkel...maybe Full Circle can help me with that. Tongue

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
04-06-2016, 09:35 AM
Still no window repairs so no inside repairs either. They (those evil weather forecasters) claim there will be no rain this coming week though it's still sprinkling here today.

Due to seals around windows leaking during the last couple of months of rain they now have to tear the front of the house off and replace siding. This just never ends. Sadcryface

04-06-2016, 10:10 AM
(04-06-2016 09:35 AM)Anjele Wrote:  ...
Due to seals around windows

I think that Full Circle might be an expert on seals as well as snorkels.

Oh ... wait!

Confused

Is this new development covered by insurance?

04-06-2016, 11:47 AM
(04-06-2016 10:10 AM)DLJ Wrote:  
(04-06-2016 09:35 AM)Anjele Wrote:  ...
Due to seals around windows

I think that Full Circle might be an expert on seals as well as snorkels.

Oh ... wait!

Confused

They are saying no as it wasn't reported in the initial inspection. We will be trying to get them to change their minds as that repair is a few thousand dollars. Sadcryface

04-06-2016, 01:12 PM
(04-06-2016 11:47 AM)Anjele Wrote:  
(04-06-2016 10:10 AM)DLJ Wrote:  I think that Full Circle might be an expert on seals as well as snorkels.

Oh ... wait!

Confused

They are saying no as it wasn't reported in the initial inspection. We will be trying to get them to change their minds as that repair is a few thousand dollars. Sadcryface

Insurance... fuck insurance Angry Those sods sell it to us as "peace of mind" but as soon as the shit hits the fan it's all "this isn't covered, neither is that". We DO actually pay the fuckers money.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
04-06-2016, 01:32 PM
(04-06-2016 01:12 PM)morondog Wrote:  
(04-06-2016 11:47 AM)Anjele Wrote:  They are saying no as it wasn't reported in the initial inspection. We will be trying to get them to change their minds as that repair is a few thousand dollars. Sadcryface

Insurance... fuck insurance Angry Those sods sell it to us as "peace of mind" but as soon as the shit hits the fan it's all "this isn't covered, neither is that". We DO actually pay the fuckers money.

I know...it really sucks.

My husband is outside right now replacing boards in the fence himself so that the money allotted for that can be put toward the other repairs. We have also been buying things like light fixtures and ceiling fans, switch plates, etc. so that they don't come out of the insurance money. Even with insurance this is costing a ton out of pocket...not to mention missed work to meet with contractors.

I just want my house put back together. Sadcryface

So far 2016 has sucked out loud. Censored